Solved NCASE M1 Dimensions

thearyeh

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
May 31, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I've been working on a custom component for my M1 for a couple months, which I'll ultimately get machined out of aluminum. I'd like to get the fit as accurate as possible, though, before I ship it off to be milled.

Are there any official dimensions for any part of the M1? I've measured it numerous times, but I'd love a full list of dimensions that I could pattern components off of with certainty. I'd be willing to pay for them if that'd be a necessary barrier to entry.

Thanks for your time.

TheAryeh

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
If the official can support custom components, that would be great.
I always wanted to have a curved cover, so that I could put down the 130~140mm+ air cooler.

thearyeh

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
May 31, 2018
There are a few interior dimensions on the top of the case that'd I'd love to be able to work from. I'm making a radiator mount for the top of the case. Here's the majority of the dimensions, diagrammed (on a photo of my current build ;)):

Here's a list of what the above represents:
  • The entire width of the case, excluding and including side panels
  • The entire length of the case, up to the outermost edge of the front panel
  • The positioning of each peg mount bracket on the length of one side
  • The center of the peg mount bracket for both positions
  • The width and length of the peg mount bracket slots
  • The dimensions of the triangle in the lower mid of the image-- this would allow me to recreate the depth of the trapezoid (which includes an imaginary line spanning the width of the front panel, not drawn), and also the angle at which the hypotenuse of the two flanks of the trapezoid rises to meet the smaller side of the trapezoid
The net value of this is that I want to be able to seamlessly seat a bracket on top of the case that meets flush with all paneling, while allowing included pegs to sit in the peg mount brackets.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for your quick reply!

TheAryeh

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
There are a few interior dimensions on the top of the case that'd I'd love to be able to work from. I'm making a radiator mount for the top of the case. Here's the majority of the dimensions, diagrammed (on a photo of my current build ;)):

Here's a list of what the above represents:
  • The entire width of the case, excluding and including side panels
  • The entire length of the case, up to the outermost edge of the front panel
  • The positioning of each peg mount bracket on the length of one side
  • The center of the peg mount bracket for both positions
  • The width and length of the peg mount bracket slots
  • The dimensions of the triangle in the lower mid of the image-- this would allow me to recreate the depth of the trapezoid (which includes an imaginary line spanning the width of the front panel, not drawn), and also the angle at which the hypotenuse of the two flanks of the trapezoid rises to meet the smaller side of the trapezoid
The net value of this is that I want to be able to seamlessly seat a bracket on top of the case that meets flush with all paneling, while allowing included pegs to sit in the peg mount brackets.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for your quick reply!

TheAryeh
Here's a section cut of the top of the chassis in .dwg format. Let me know if that works for you.

thearyeh

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
May 31, 2018
This is fantastic, and covers everything I needed and more. Thanks a ton Necere!