NCase M1 Build Verification

commedergarcons

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Mar 3, 2020
Hi all

These are the parts I plan to put inside my NCase M1. Looking for some advice/heads up for anything.
I want to downsize my PC so some components such as my storage and GPU will be coming from my previous build.

Premise of the build: Quiet and stock liquid cooled gaming rig.
I plan on keeping the loop as simple as possible as I do not plan to overclock anything.
I know GPU thermals aren't the best in the NCase but have improved with the V6, which is why I decided I wanted to watercool the components.

Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - EVGA 1080 TI SC
MOBO - Asus Strix B450-I
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB DDR4-3200
Storage - 1TB M.2 970 EVO & 250GB 860 EVO SSD
PSU - Corsair SF 750W

Watercooling components:
CPU Block/Pump: Alphacool Eisbaer LT (solo)
GPU Block: EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Radiator: Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm radiator V.2
Radiator Fans: Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 70.75 CFM 120 mm Fan

Considerations:
I'm wondering if I can run this setup fine without a reservoir. The loop can be filled by opening the ports on the other side of the radiator.
If a reservoir is needed I was considering the FrozenQ reservoir.
Going to add case fans for the bottom
Depending on thermals, might undervolt 1080 Ti
Left out other components such as fittings, tubing, coolant, etc. but also should be noted that I am going to be using soft tubing for this loop.

Please let me know what you think! Open to any suggestions and opinions.

Many thanks in advanced.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
You definitely don’t need a reservoir. Just plan ahead on how you’ll fill and drain the loop

Dezz

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2017
I've been looking for someone to try a build like this. I'd be very interested to see a build log or pictures when you're done, plus any feedback on it!

commedergarcons

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Mar 3, 2020
You definitely don’t need a reservoir. Just plan ahead on how you’ll fill and drain the loop
Currently that's what I'm trying to plan out. I'm thinking if I should drain with a fitting/hose connected through the same port that I'd fill the loop with through the radiator.

I've been looking for someone to try a build like this. I'd be very interested to see a build log or pictures when you're done, plus any feedback on it!
For sure! I may do a build log on this so I'll post it here if I do that.