Ncase M1 - bottom fan spacers

Larryadd

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Oct 15, 2019
Hi Everyone,

On my Ncase M1 V5, I have a RTX 2080 OC from Gigabyte

Like lots of people, I removed the stock fans to use 2 Noctua NF-S12A.

I 3D printed 2 spacers for the fans to have them at the right height. For this card, the thickness of the spacers is 14mm. it's now perfectly in contact with the card and no air gap from the bottom of the case to the bottom of the fans.

Temps are really good. 71°C max (after 20 mins of heaven 4 extreme settings). Card is undervolted to 0,875v at 1860Mhz. fans at 780 rpm (dead silent).

More photos here.

File download (STL format)

3D Model preview (and download but must register).

The file is easily adaptable on a 3D soft to fit your card thickness and I'm pretty sure it's V6 compatible as the size is exactly the same as a 12mm fan.

I already posted it on Reddit but maybe some of you are not on the sff subreddit or did not see the post.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
I like them! Unfortunately i dont have a 3D printer... It would be great if someone in Germany could print me some :D

HansWursT619

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2016
I would love a list of GPU that work like this.
It seems like the Palit and Gainward cards would work well, as those give you a 2 Slot fin stack when the shroud is removed.

Unfortunately there are no numbers with card offers the best performing fin stack.

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
Very cool. I have an EVGA 2080 XC Gaming. Wonder if this would be the proper size. It looks very close. Currently I have two 120mm fans under the GPU fans, but this looks like it would work much better, and be quieter.

Edit - on second glance the fin stack on your card looks much taller. Still, would be easy to modify your drawing in Fusion 360 if I can figure out the correct height.

Larryadd

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Oct 15, 2019
@Fire : you can find a lot of 3D printing stores now, on shops or online. a little search and I'm sure you will find it.

My card thickness without the schroud is 32mm including backplate, after that, you just have to do the math to find the right thickness of the spacer.
The 3D file is easily modifiable to the desired thickness, even with meshmixer.

For the EVGA, the fan connector is very special. A guy on reddit was looking for an adapter and found it at arctic cooling :

It will let you manage the fans with afterburner and link them with the GC temperature for exemple.

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
My card thickness without the schroud is 32mm including backplate, after that, you just have to do the math to find the right thickness of the spacer.
The 3D file is easily modifiable to the desired thickness, even with meshmixer.

For the EVGA, the fan connector is very special. A guy on reddit was looking for an adapter and found it at arctic cooling :

It will let you manage the fans with afterburner and link them with the GC temperature for exemple.

That's perfect, thanks for the link

dabster

Efficiency Noob
Jun 2, 2019
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's possible to order from Arctic in the US.

I couldn't get it shipped from there website to Australia either. However I contacted there support about it. They just shipped it for free when I sent them proof of purchase of an Arctic Accelero III.

Reactions: rfarmer

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
I couldn't get it shipped from there website to Australia either. However I contacted there support about it. They just shipped it for free when I sent them proof of purchase of an Arctic Accelero III.

That's pretty cool. I just bought an Accelero III so I'll give it a shot.

CudB

Chassis Packer
Sep 3, 2019
The EVGA 2060 XC heatsink has a bunch of metal protrusions. Found that out after I printed one spacer, but thankfully I don't need much cooling for this card.

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019

Thanks for the tip. Got one on the way :)

Reactions: dabster