Ncase+C14: Fan underneath benefit?

SmootyPoody

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
Does anybody know if it benefits to add a third fan (underneath) to a Ncase M1 with C14 and 2x Noctua A12X25 PWM side by side on stock panel?

I am talking about a third A12X25 PWM fan. This will of cause mean low profile RAM like Corsair Vengence LPX.

The alternative is to use a 15mm fan underneath either A12X15 PWM or A9X14 PWM if one wants higher RAM which I kind of want. But I need the cooling with the 9900K.

Have anybody tested these setup? (Not nesseary those fans, more the setups).

Thanks!

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Does anybody know if it benefits to add a third fan (underneath) to a Ncase M1 with C14 and 2x Noctua A12X25 PWM side by side on stock panel?

I am talking about a third A12X25 PWM fan. This will of cause mean low profile RAM like Corsair Vengence LPX.

The alternative is to use a 15mm fan underneath either A12X15 PWM or A9X14 PWM if one wants higher RAM which I kind of want. But I need the cooling with the 9900K.

Have anybody tested these setup? (Not nesseary those fans, more the setups).

Thanks!
I’ve done the C14 + Accelero set up before (two years ago). There were five 120mm x 25mm fans and a 92mm x 14mm rear fan. When compared to having no fan underneath the C14, temperatures were improved by only a couple of degrees, but was noticeably louder. I would also recommend the same fan above and below the C14 for less turbulence (less noise).

SmootyPoody

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
Interesting that it was louder.. normally adding more fans does not (necesseary) add more sound pressure (dB).. maybe there was some interference..

Ya.. are gonna use a A12X25 both above and beneath..