Log My first SFF build, 10 L in volume with good thermal

Unix

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 24, 2020
I build my first SFF PC, here's the spec: AMD 3600 + asus b450i + T force Vulcan Z 3200 mhz 8GB*2 + sn550 1Tb + Zotac 2060 mini + Cosair SFX 600w gold. For the case I got the A40 v3 from GEEEK. I got the AXP90 from aliexpress for CPU cooler, it took around 90 day for the shipment. On the top I put two 9025 fans from Noctua to exhale the heat. Here's the link to the picture, I hope it works.
Thermal: I set the cpu on 1.175V at 4.1 ghz, and slightly lower the voltage of the gpu using MSI afterburner. I tested the thermal on room temp around 80C, the idle term of CPU is around 40ish to 50, GPU is 40 ish. Under stress test, CPU running at 87C and GPU at 80C, and they were not thermal throtted. I could add one more fan as intake on the botton next to the PSU, but I dont think it is necessary. The system stay quiet on gaming, cuz the sound from the fan next to me will completely cover the system noise. The noise from the system is totally bearable compare to the gs63 gaming laptop I used before, it is not audible when I put on headphone at all. Over all, I am happy with the thermal performance.

The case: it is $59.99 relatively cheap ITX SFF case. But when factor in the shipping to the US, the price raise to $80, and you also need a raiser cable for the GPU. It is kind of cheap looking to me cuz the acrylic it used. It has some design and QA problem. One metal bar has a shallow drill hole, the screw can't be screw in completely without cutting it 1-2 mm shorter. The opening of the IO panel is not correct, the panel will pop out like you see in the picture. I think this comes from the measuring error of the motherboard placement, the cooper stand on the top is slightly bend downward. Overall, I dont recommend the case because of these problems.