CPU: Intel i5 8400
MOBO Asus H370i Strix
RAM: 2x 8GB Vengeance DDR4
PSU: Corsair SF600
CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-C14
HDD: 2TB WD Purple
SSD: 250GB Samsung 960 evo
CASE: Ncase M1

The hardest component to mount has to be the HDD, honestly didn't know how I was going to get it in there, but with the most ghetto installation ever it fits, if it works it works haha :)

The recipe:

CPU: Intel i7 6700
MOBO Asus H270i Strix
RAM: 2x 8GB HyperX DDR4
PSU: Corsair SF600
CPU COOLER: CM Master Liquid Lite
HDD: 2TB WD Purple
SSD: 120GB Samsung 850 Evo
CASE: Ncase M1

As pictured

The process:

So after 3 weeks of patience I finally get notified that my Ncase has arrived, South African customs more to blame for the wait as it landed in the country after the first week, collecting it from customs and bringing it back to my dorm.

A quick unboxing before dissembling the previous system.

And kicking off the disassembly by removing the Power Supply and decided to finish the process at home instead.

Disassembly continued, removing the drives, the motherboard and last but not least the Graphics Card.

After a short quality control test by the cat, I receive her approval and the new build begins.

Starting with the insertion of the Power Supply, followed by the motherboard. Applying the feet to the SSD to slot onto the case and cleaning off used thermal paste. Applying fresh goop and installation of the AIO.

Finally attatching the HDD and Radiator onto the side bracket and screwing the bracket back onto the case

Conclusion:

well.. an just over an hour later I realize my mistake. My Graphics Card is too big for this case, unless I leave the side panel permanently, which wouldnt be viable as I travel with my PC on a regular basis. A new GPU is under way and will be sure to update the log after the arrival.

Side notes:

The Ncase M1 is not easy to build in, as long as the screw fits youre golden haha. Definitely recommend Custom length PSU cables for the Ncase M1. I had to remove a side panel clip in order for my Graphics Card PCB to slot in, if I was good at soldering, Flipping the GPU power connectors to face upwards or downwards would allow you to close the case no problem but that is a little extreme for my taste.

Last edited:

Ibraah3m

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 9, 2017
Build log updated :D after little over a year I wen't all out with the funds I had available to me, Would've liked a 8700 instead but I'm happy with the result!

Reactions: Nanook