My first mini build, for producing music

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Hello SFF people,
I'm new to this great forum, been reading alot of things here over the last 4 months (great site!)

Well, im about to start a new build that should run my DAW and only that. I want this to be as small as possible, as im going to have it with me in a bag often.
My goal is to hit these things:

i7 7700K (No plans about OC)
16gb ram 3000 memory
asus z270i
m.2 samsung evo 500Gb + 1TB slower disk for mp3's, acapellas etc.
Onboard 630 graphics, because I have no need for GPU.

I saw alot of people using that node 202 case, but I dont think need all that space for my parts with no GPU?
So I looked at this: http://www.streacom.com/products/f1cws-evo-chassis/ and it has a perfect size of what I would like.

But can my cpu get cooled enough in that small box with no OC?
And what kind of PSU should I use to make it all run?

This build without GPU is very much like what I have planned, is that going to fit the streacom case?
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/cLP323

Hope some of you wise guys can help me :)
Thanks in advance

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Daw requirements is all about the size of projects and the things in them. Better single core speed the better performance. That's why I hope to get 7700K instead of 7700.
I saw Luna design offering a pre build pc with same material and size, but only with 7700.

To otamot:
I want the opportunity to take it with me in a bag to the studio also. Thats the whole reason with the mini size :)

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
What board size you going for to keep it small? Capa / 3.5"?

Something like this?
In a forced cooling enclosure such as this? 225x225x44.5mm (excluding wallmounts, see datasheet for drawing)

Ahh ignore this I see your going mini itx

Last edited:

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Actually I was aiming for the Asus ROG STRIX Z270i since it mini itx. I just read the specs on streacoms homepage, the Asus board is 17x17 so I thought it would fit right in?

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Of course. If the housing accepts mini itx it will fit, in so far as that the stand off positions will allign and the rear i/o plate hole cut out will align. Just a question of available height that dictates your cooling options

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Of course. If the housing accepts mini itx it will fit, in so far as that the stand off positions will allign and the rear i/o plate hole cut out will align. Just a question of available height that dictates your cooling options

Thanks for clarifying.
So I guess all parts I want fits inside the case then.
My concern is mostly about wich psu I need to run it and can I keep the cpu cool enough?
I see a lot of s4 builds with these specs, plus a huge graphic card too. But can't find any that tried with the streacom I want.

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
I guess I'm going for a more low W build to fit the small case.
Waiting to get the i7 8700 (non k)
With 2 ssd and 16gb ram

Hope that will be okay in the 20x20 sized case :)