My Customod korkin to K39v2 transplant.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016

Please don't mind the production quality, it was impromptu.

Got my k39v2 in on Saturday and transplanted from my korkin on my lunch break. The perks of sff I guess! ?

No flex atx PSU for now, so I'm still using the g-unique archdaemon+ dell brick combo still.
Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi
Noctua L9i
EVGA 1060 SC (Shortened shroud)
16GB Ballistix tactical tracer @1600mhz, ek heatspreaders
1TB 850 EVO mSATA
G-unique archdaemon w/ dell 400w brick
4x whitefox keyboard feet

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
love these cases, nice build! any plans to do internal AC/DC like the meanwell RPS-400-12-C?

Curiosity

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
@smitty2k1 I'm planning to get a flexATX psu at some point, I just didn't game the extra ~$50 when I ordered the case to buy it at the same time.

I've also flipped the case feet to what is probably intended to be there too since the video and pictures, which I like more. Hopefully the flex psu doesn't make it top heavy once I get one in.

Curiosity

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
On taobao through superbuy. The listing I used is gone but here's an active one with clear options.

It's do like it more than the custom mod over all, but I do admit I liked the shortcomings my CM had. Most of them stemmed from being as small as possible.

The k39 can be completely disassembled with screws, and a lot of the threaded areas are inserts instead of just threading in the aluminum. Not a huge fan of the power button, but That's super easy to replace.

The riser I got with it is marginally too long, but it doesn't cause any problems.

Reactions: CC Ricers

Curiosity

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
It's an iPad 3 lcd with an abusemark DP adapter I built back in 2015. It's installed in an unbranded rear shell so I can use a stand meant for iPads. Though the magnetic cover is a decent (and smaller) stand as well. Planning to get glass cut again to cover the lcd so it doesn't get damaged.

One thing That's kind of neat is that the lcd panel is almost there same size as the side panels of the case, which has me scheming.

Reactions: Choidebu and cmyk78

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
It's an iPad 3 lcd with an abusemark DP adapter I built back in 2015. It's installed in an unbranded rear shell so I can use a stand meant for iPads. Though the magnetic cover is a decent (and smaller) stand as well. Planning to get glass cut again to cover the lcd so it doesn't get damaged.

One thing That's kind of neat is that the lcd panel is almost there same size as the side panels of the case, which has me scheming.
Yes, I was looking at the size and wondering

Reactions: cmyk78

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Do you mind measuring the width of the case? The specs on the Taobao page say that it can support up to 47mm cooler, but at a stated case width of 100mm I don't see how that's possible, something's definitely wrong with one of the numbers.

Also, there looks to be some space above the mobo and gpu, do you think you've be able to squeeze 2x 80x80x10mm fans up there?

Last edited:

mdbk

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2017
Do you mind measuring the width of the case? The specs on the Taobao page say that it can support up to 47mm cooler, but at a stated case width of 100mm I don't see how that's possible, something's definitely wrong with one of the numbers
I also just got this case today. it is little less than 110mm
i am waiting for mini itx card to put in this case.

Curiosity

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Do you mind measuring the width of the case? The specs on the Taobao page say that it can support up to 47mm cooler, but at a stated case width of 100mm I don't see how that's possible, something's definitely wrong with one of the numbers.

Also, there looks to be some space above the mobo and gpu, do you think you've be able to squeeze 2x 80x80x10mm fans up there?
There's about 1cm above my l9i so 47mm cooler support makes sense to me. Plus mdbk dropped that great image.

For the fans, I really don't think so. You can kind of see here how close the mobo tray and riser are to the top of the case.

The velka case does support that, though, and isn't significantly more expensive. Worth checking out if you haven't. However it is narrower so you'll need to use an l9i/a/ AMD wraith stealth cooler.

Last edited:

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
There's about 1cm above my l9i so 47mm cooler support makes sense to me. Plus mdbk dropped that great image.

For the fans, I really don't think so. You can kind of see here how close the mobo tray and riser are to the top of the case.

The velka case does support that, though, and isn't significantly more expensive. Worth checking out if you haven't. However it is narrower so you'll need to use an l9i/a/ AMD wraith stealth cooler.
Hmm, in that case, how are GPU temps with this case then? The taller CPU cooler height allowing for a Cryorig C7 helps with CPU thermals somewhat, but since ITX GPUs tend to exhaust out the front and back, I can imagine it gets pretty toasty in there GPU side pretty fast

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Judging from the orientation of the fins, that GPU probably exhausts half of its hot air via the rear vent and the other half is exhausted via its front end into the case. I wonder, if installing a few 40mm or 50mm fans at the top right above the display card to the case front can help to extract some hot air?

Some time ago, there was a K49 which was basically a taller K39 v1. The extra height provides clearance at the top to install exactly two 80x80x10 fans for extract.
I do not see this case available anymore, unfortunately.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016

Oh wow, the K39 v2 doesn't support 80x10mm fans on top? I thought that was a hallmark of virtually all mini-sandwich style cases like this one.

Last edited:

Curiosity

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Does the adapter provide enough power for the screen?
Absolutely, I've never had a power issue with it in my years using it, it's great!
Hmm, in that case, how are GPU temps with this case then? The taller CPU cooler height allowing for a Cryorig C7 helps with CPU thermals somewhat, but since ITX GPUs tend to exhaust tend out the front and back, I can imagine it gets pretty toasty in there GPU side pretty fast
Running furmark and p95 now, when I wake up I'll post them temps. I don't have any crazy OC's that should crash the pc while I sleep.

Reactions: renecop545

Curiosity

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Iirc it defaults to landscape, but it stays whatever orientation you set it to.
Please post about wherever you do with the iPad display!

Curiosity

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
@renecop545 after 6 or 7 hours of p95+furmark, the 3570K @ 80°C, 1060 SC @ 68°C

3570K is delidded w/ liquid metal, old nt-h1 between the heatspreader and l9i. 1060 is liquid metal between die and heatsink, and a custom curve to keep it quiet.

Last edited: