Prototype MT5: 5.4L Expandable case for mini GPUs

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Still ongoing but just slow. Been stalling on the small case build because I was looking to source some electronic parts. There's just nothing much to write about at the moment.

I had ordered a print batch for 8 edge pieces (enough for 2 cases) last Friday and should get those soon. These are sized for 4L cases. The panel designs for those are pretty much done aside for hole spacing for various DC power boards.

Reactions: MassZERO

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Apologies for the absence but I've picked back up on the project and been quietly working away at design tweaks to aim for the best possible experience in both manufacturing and with building in the case.

The layout and overall style of the case has remain unchanged, but now it's been updated so that it is possible to have all exterior panels laser-cut, not just the sides. This would help give the case a more premium feel as well as look more attractive in your setup.

Here's a refined design with Flex-ATX support. The power button goes in the large round hole in the back.

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
Apologies for the absence but I've picked back up on the project and been quietly working away at design tweaks to aim for the best possible experience in both manufacturing and with building in the case.

The layout and overall style of the case has remain unchanged, but now it's been updated so that it is possible to have all exterior panels laser-cut, not just the sides. This would help give the case a more premium feel as well as look more attractive in your setup.

Here's a refined design with Flex-ATX support. The power button goes in the large round hole in the back.

Damn looks to hot!
I'm so excited for this Prototype, would definately get this as soon as its available... I hope to get this soon before release of The 2020 Velka models on July 2020.
Well done bro... more pics please...

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Damn looks to hot!
I'm so excited for this Prototype, would definately get this as soon as its available... I hope to get this soon before release of The 2020 Velka models on July 2020.
Well done bro... more pics please...

I could probably set up a 4 liter version to be made without Flex PSU support (as you have requested). That one isn't too far off from the case design I posted above. Though in the process of refining this I have also considered producing metal cases, as they are more easily mass produced. Those are of a different design though.

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
I could probably set up a 4 liter version to be made without Flex PSU support (as you have requested). That one isn't too far off from the case design I posted above. Though in the process of refining this I have also considered producing metal cases, as they are more easily mass produced. Those are of a different design though.

Sure bro as long as it supports HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX...
Any new updates for now?