MSI GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC cases?

Lucidae

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2018
Hey there.

This is my first SFF build, and I'm looking to build something small enough to take either as a carry on, or in a checked bag for my flight in December.

This card is giving me trouble, as I thought I had a build planned out completely in the Ncase M1, but then I found out the card doesn't fit. I'm very lost on which case I should be getting. Can you guys help? Here are my specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Lucidae/saved/9PVTBm

PS: I am willing to change the CPU cooler as well, if need be.

thel3igo

Trash Compacter
Nov 4, 2018
Does the card not fit because of the width? It looks like it should fit in both the M1 and the A4 based on it's length (279mm), as on SFFlab it is stated that the M1 can fit videocards up to 12 inches (304mm) and on PCPP the A4 is listed as being able to fit cards up to 295mm. Is the card bigger than what is listed?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Does the card not fit because of the width? It looks like it should fit in both the M1 and the A4 based on it's length (279mm), as on SFFlab it is stated that the M1 can fit videocards up to 12 inches (304mm) and on PCPP the A4 is listed as being able to fit cards up to 295mm. Is the card bigger than what is listed?

Problem with the Ncase is the height of the Armor. Ncase will take a max of 140mm, which the Armor is, but the power connectors are at the top of the PCB and after plugging in the cables you wouldn't be able to put the side panel on.