Mouse battery drain issues

step83

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
Utterly baffling me this, I have a Logitech G602 which seems to have a battery addiction.

Example, a pair of 2650mAh Ni-MH batteries will last about two days in what they call Endurance mode. I've tried others even non rechargeable's and it does similar. Logitech quote upto 1440 hours of use, clearly not getting that.

Any suggestions on batteries? Or just chalk it up as a bad mouse and go back to wired?

Xyit

Chassis Packer
Jul 24, 2016
You could downgrade I think the 302 series uses AAs, is wireless, and each battery last around 250 hours.

step83

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
The 602 uses AA's I ended up getting some Eneloop batteries which so far seem to be working. We shall see.

munchzilla

Case Bender
Jan 19, 2019
I have been using a Logitech G603 (a bit different from G602), in low-power mode with two batteries it still hasn't ran out since Black Friday. Receiver is set up very close to the mouse, though, not behind the PC but rather on the desk (I know I know, I just don't like the drag from wires, but I don't mind them on my desk).
Batteries are Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable batteries, not the Pro version.

Logitech mice seem really good for wireless, so it is a little strange your G602 doesn't get much battery life at all.

step83

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
I think it must be the batteries I was using, the Eneloops have worked fine. Its very weird either way.

Reactions: Jello