Concept Monter ITX S Unibody a 3.2L Gaming case.

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
Update 03 May 2018 Model M design change:

Model M specification:
- Dimension: Frame out line : 350x248x66mm, inside:342x240x62mm. Weight is about 1.7kg.
- ITX motherboard support.
- GPU Max length 240mm, max PCB height 135mm. (All gigabyte mini series, Zotac mini series cards are compatibly).
- PSU: Fully inside PSU solution for 24V or 12V DC board, Ex: HDPLEX AC/DC + DC/DC board solution.
- Support 6x 60mmx10mm fan.
- Support 2 x 2.5" drive.
- Max CPU cooler height: 48mm, we also provide Sun cool, a slim, high TDP solution.
- Support flexible riser.

Monster ITX S Unibody (main frame is fabricated from a solid aluminium piece) in my monster ITX series is the a portable case that I may make for my next long business trip (about 6 months) for an other supper amazing project.
Monster ITX S Unibody support only M2 SSD, 8 pin ATX for 12V PSU only, all 170mm GPUs (Gigabyte mini series):
This design for bending GPU I/O bracket style, normal style is also available.
Don't ask why the power button is in bottom side, it's one secret until prototype come out.

17-4-2018 update:
Add model M.
Upgrade design.

Special points in this two models:
- Unibody design (Main frame is fabricated from single metal piece). 4mm thick structure.
- Remote power button allow you to turn on the PC from long distance, back up power button is on bottom side.
- Custom GPU back plate or bend GPU plate for better looking back side. (Normal is also available).
- G16 power connector.
Model S specification:
- Dimension: Inside : 322x179x52mm, outline:330x187x57mm. (3.5L), Weight is about 1kg.
- GPU Max length 175mm, max PCB height 135mm. (All gigabyte mini series cards are compatibly).
- PSU: Pico ATX board with PCB height < 37mm, support 12V PSU solution. we also provide F-Brick a 12V PSU solution.
- Support 5x 50mmx10mm fan.
- Max CPU cooler height: 38mm, we also provide Sun cool, a slim, high TDP solution.
- Support 2U PCB PCIE riser or flexible riser.

Model M specification:
- Dimension: Inside : 322x218x52mm, outline:330x226x57mm. (4.25L), Weight is about 1.1kg.
- GPU Max length 215mm, max PCB height 135mm. (All gigabyte mini series, Zotac mini series cards are compatibly).
- PSU: Pico ATX board with PCB height < 37mm, HDplex DC/DC, other DC board with Wide <52mm, support 12V and 24V PSU solution. we also provide F-Brick a 12V PSU solution.
- Support 6x 50mmx10mm fan.
- Max CPU cooler height: 38mm, we also provide Sun cool, a slim, high TDP solution.
- Support 2U PCB PCIE riser or flexible riser.

Last edited:
Reactions: kotproger

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
I mean an intel NUC8i7HVK or NUC8i7HNK is 1.2L. A Brix Pro is 0.78L.
And the case you are showing is 3.24L, almost 3 times as large as an Intel NUC and 4 times as large as a Brix Pro.
Don't worry about size, this case size is bigger but also in NUC size range, If I have change to select NUC and this case, I will select this case because more flexible, upgradable and more powerful performance, better cooling as well that why I call this is killer.

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
Don't worry about size, this case size is bigger but also in NUC size range, If I have change to select NUC and this case, I will select this case because more flexible, upgradable and more powerful performance, better cooling as well that why I call this is killer.
I mean the only reason why people will want a NUC is because of its size. And now you are telling me not to worry about the size. I guess my 30L server case stuff with dual Xeon E7-8894 with 4 NVIDIA TESLA V100 with two 1500w PSU will be a Monter ITX S Unibody killer (it's definitely within the NUC range and have way more flexibility and expandabilities)?

Last edited:

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
I mean the only reason why people will want a NUC is because of its size. And now you are telling me not to worry about the size. I guess my 30L server case stuff with dual Xeon E7-8894 with 4 NVIDIA TESLA V100 with two 1500w PSU will be a Monter ITX S Unibody killer (it's definitely within the NUC range and have way more flexibility and expandabilities)?
They select NUC because they can easy put it in the bag and bring every where, they also can't put normal NUC in the pocket.
You can't put this case in the pocket but you can put it in the bag and bring every where like NUC, of course you have some choice like that, my case is one of them. I can make this case to be much smaller but as advice from member about size matter I keep this size.

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
have a few NUC in office, never get taken anywhere - workforce have slim line 13" laptops to take in bags for business trip

now if this was designed to take Intels new Canyon but offer better cooling for a slightly bigger footprint- then its a killer :D or Ryzen 2400g NUC love child :D

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
@RoLexus There are many reasons to get a NUC over a regular computer, but you can't compare your project to a NUC. They do not have the same purpose and a NUC is not expendable on purpose. I'll consider this as a click-bait title and ask you to make the appropriate change, as explained here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/clickbait-titles.6952/

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
@RoLexus There are many reasons to get a NUC over a regular computer, but you can't compare your project to a NUC. They do not have the same purpose and a NUC is not expendable on purpose. I'll consider this as a click-bait title and ask you to make the appropriate change, as explained here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/clickbait-titles.6952/
My title is not in that description but I changed to prevent from any misunderstanding and unnecessary argument.

GuilleAcoustic

SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
My title is not in that description but I changed to prevent from any misunderstanding and unnecessary argument.

This is a non-extensive list of possible titles. I considered it a clickbait because it was misleading. Any user would be expecting a self-contained, non-expendable, sub 1L office computer ... to just end-up looking at yet another S4mini clone.

Anyway, thanks for the title change.

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
This is a non-extensive list of possible titles. I considered it a clickbait because it was misleading. Any user would be expecting a self-contained, non-expendable, sub 1L office computer ... to just end-up looking at yet another S4mini clone.

Anyway, thanks for the title change.
I may need you to explain why you call my case is other "S4mini clone"?
Did you see 2U rack server with riser? That is a standard case and S4 or S3 is also that's 2U rack case clone follow your understanding.

GuilleAcoustic

SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
I may need you to explain why you call my case is other "S4mini clone"?
Did you see 2U rack server with riser? That is a standard case and S4 or S3 is also that's 2U rack case clone follow your understanding.

2U rack are wider and deeper than that. I called it an S4 or S3 because that's what most SFF aficionados will think. But I could call it a Silverstone clone or anything you want .... that is just not a NUC for sure.

Below is a short 2U rack mounted, for dimensions:

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
2U rack are wider and deeper than that. I called it an S4 or S3 because that's what most SFF aficionados will think. But I could call it a Silverstone clone or anything you want .... that is just not a NUC for sure.

Below is a short 2U rack mounted, for dimensions:

Yeah, you are mod you can call it any thing you want, my case is smaller and shorter than those cases and use 2U server riser. And I didn't call it a NUC.
Follow many is normal way.

GuilleAcoustic

SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
my case is smaller and shorter than those cases and use 2U server riser.

Doesn't make it a 2U server though. Again, compare apples with apples.

And I didn't call it a NUC.

You called it a NUC killer, before I asked you to chance it. SO yes, you called it a NUC.

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
Doesn't make it a 2U server though. Again, compare apples with apples.

You called it a NUC killer, before I asked you to chance it. SO yes, you called it a NUC.
I changed the title but still get unnecessary argument.
A cat is a rat killer so a cat is a rat....

Monster ITX S Unibody a 3.2L Gaming case

You may have to correct it once again ;)
I will correct latter.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
have a few NUC in office, never get taken anywhere - workforce have slim line 13" laptops to take in bags for business trip

now if this was designed to take Intels new Canyon but offer better cooling for a slightly bigger footprint- then its a killer :D or Ryzen 2400g NUC love child :D
I had many laptops before but I don't like laptop too much. I like some things more powerful but still small. That why we are in SFFF.