Modding wiring on FSP FSP270-60LE 270W Flex ATX PSU

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I have just bought one of these little beasts and want to change the molex power to 6 pin PCIe power and know that a plug in adaptor isn't great as they can burn out the connection.

If I cut the connectors off the black and yellow wires and solder and heatshrink sleeve them is that sufficient?
I did wonder about keeping the inner molex pin connections (dispensing with the plastic casing), and soldering and sleeving them individually.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
If I cut the connectors off the black and yellow wires and solder and heatshrink sleeve them is that sufficient?

Totally sufficient. You don't need to keep the pins. Soldering the wires together is better. :)

These guys are also amazing if you don't like soldering:

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Many thanks @REVOCCASES, 12V planet looks a great resource for me in the UK. I seem to have found LED Trailer lights that I didn't know I needed!!
I'll solder and heatshrink as suggested, sadly I think a more powerful GPU may not work in this application.
The PSU is quite loud with a Haswell i3 and GTX 1050Ti

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Many thanks @REVOCCASES, 12V planet looks a great resource for me in the UK. I seem to have found LED Trailer lights that I didn't know I needed!!
I'll solder and heatshrink as suggested, sadly I think a more powerful GPU may not work in this application.
The PSU is quite loud with a Haswell i3 and GTX 1050Ti

Yeah, I'll never understand why these companies always try to safe a few pennies by putting crappy fans in their PSUs. It doesn't have to be a Noctua but there are many other options for good value non noisy fans.