Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I would assume this would require raising the top panel, which would be .... ugly? Most likely. Though I still like my previous idea of a distro plate/reservoir/pump mount that replaces the top panel. At least that could be RGB-ified!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I would assume this would require raising the top panel, which would be .... ugly? Most likely. Though I still like my previous idea of a distro plate/reservoir/pump mount that replaces the top panel. At least that could be RGB-ified!
replacement is definitely the way to go, you'll need a sturdy mounting mechanism to fix the distro-top into the main frame. for reference my buddy had a distro-top made for his ZS OC v1 watercooled build and it came out great IMO

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
replacement is definitely the way to go, you'll need a sturdy mounting mechanism to fix the distro-top into the main frame. for reference my buddy had a distro-top made for his ZS OC v1 watercooled build and it came out great IMO
Could you take a quick pic of his rig? I love to see what other people do with an ZS OC V1.
Since this if offtopic, maybe you can post the pic in another thread. Thanks.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Do you mind post a picture, if you have one? Thank you!

can u popst a link please? Im interested on buying one

I need to clarify, I tested it will fit, but I can’t say I recommend or confirm it will work.

I don’t have equipment for riser testing, so I don’t know if the product will be harmful to GPU power wise.

Reactions: Dawelio

Clevername3000

Efficiency Noob
Nov 21, 2017
That's exactly what I meant, replace the top panel with something that can house a fan in it. I've already seen someone replace the panel with wood, so I could see this being an easy build for some to try out. It's the same concept as a top hat for the Ghost S1, or the "short loft" on the MI-6. The mount you describe is an awesome idea too!

Hoonu

Case Bender
New User
Sep 2, 2021

2021-02-12: Founders Edition (FE) GPU Spacing​

- The PCIe Riser standoff on the Meshlicious is 6.5mm tall and *female on both ends, tapped for #6-32 screw
- To move the 30XX FE GPU 1-GPU-Slot away is about 20.3mm
- To replace both the default Riser Standoff and add 1-GPU-Slot spacing, need 6.5 + 20.5 = 26.8mm, or 27mm
- Given #6-32 standoffs are difficult to find, 27mm tall M3 standoff are easier to buy, using M3 screws to secure (25mm are more common and will work also)

Both 1) *default 140mm PCIe 3.0 Riser and 2) upgraded LinkUP 140mm PCIe 4.0 will work with 1-GPU-Slot spacing on Mini-ITX motherboard

2021-02-03: MSI GPU update​

MSI Suprim X fits, all 326mm of it, so MSI Gaming X Trio should also.

This is possible on the lowest GPU mounting position, leaving 33mm left for DP/HDMI cable. This is NOT enough for most cables. So we have 2 solutions coming:
1) we will provide 3D Print Ready tall feet file on the website soon, these feet will lift the case higher to make room for *regular / straight HDMI / DP Cables.
2) buy angled cables yourself or from our website.

If used with a GPU less than 320mm long, you can mount the GPU at the *second lowest position, leaving 43mm for cables, then low profile regular cables that are widely available should work fine.

2021-02-02: IceMan External Pump Res​

If you have questions about availability, then ask IceMan.

2021-02-01: you could, but not sure you should.​

TLDR, not officially supported, but I told some of you (@Boil) that I would share some photos.

My main gripes with this build are the difficulty in cramming parts in, and extra cost required (a longer PCIe 4.0 Riser than the one to be include for upgrade kit, due to mDTX being bigger than mITX). Meshlicious is targeted for the mainstream, I cringe a little when I think about beginners trying to do this, but if you want to, you can, just harder.

1. Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact (Mini-DTX) will fit (3-Slot GPU Mode) and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 will both fit. I have done so using SFX Power Supply on LinkUP PICe 4.0 Riser.​

2. Use of low profile straight / regular cables just fine for multiple monitor setups.​

2020-12-27: www.ssupd.com open

2020-12-8: Photo Updates

Wanted to make a mainstream ITX case for several years now.

Highlights:
- $100-120, will be sold on Newegg, Amazon and maybe CaseKing, and likely more distributors
- 14.5L, 1mm SECC material, movable spine like my FormD T1
- Motherboard IO facing the back
- Up to 335mm *vertical GPU support, up tp 4 slots, cable exit through the bottom
- Up to 235mm *horizontal GPU support, up to 4 slots, cable exit through the back
- 240AIO and 280AIO support

Need to wait longer before I can share more info per my NDA.
What Link-Up risee cable did you end up going with? I just picked up this case with a Asus Crosshair VIII Impact DTX board and the riser is too short.

moulderine

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 31, 2020
Anyone bought the DARK TINTED / MIRROR TINTED tempered glass panels?

seen its available now via caseking but looking for irl pictures before purchashing (i have full mesh currently).

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
What Link-Up risee cable did you end up going with? I just picked up this case with a Asus Crosshair VIII Impact DTX board and the riser is too short.
For ITX mobos 14cm is fine, however for a Crosshair you’d need 18cm or longer.

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
Really interested to know more about this build as I'm planning nearly the same but with a 3080FE EK waterblock.
Can you PM the link please?
@Bask06

Did you ever check out that FB build? I'm not on FB so I'm very curious what that pump is (I can't quite make it out).

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
Anyone use the Asus Crosshair Impact Mini-DTX board in the meshi yet? I want to know how much more the board stands above the mobo tray, if any, since the board has an active backplate.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Anyone use the Asus Crosshair Impact Mini-DTX board in the meshi yet? I want to know how much more the board stands above the mobo tray, if any, since the board has an active backplate.
It doesn't - that would break the ATX specification, which has requirements for clearance between the PCB and motherboard tray. (Of course not all low volume ITX cases are actually compliant with that spec, and some have shorter standoffs etc. - but I don't think that's the case for the Meshlicious.) The backplate take up room between the PCB and motherboard tray, but it will not lift the board further from the tray.

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
It doesn't - that would break the ATX specification, which has requirements for clearance between the PCB and motherboard tray. (Of course not all low volume ITX cases are actually compliant with that spec, and some have shorter standoffs etc. - but I don't think that's the case for the Meshlicious.) The backplate take up room between the PCB and motherboard tray, but it will not lift the board further from the tray.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I hadn't heard of the Crosshair Impact VIII having fit issues. Unfortunately it looks like the SO-DIMM.2 is 78mm, according to an reddit post on PCmasterrace. Too bad.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Thanks, that's what I suspected. I hadn't heard of the Crosshair Impact VIII having fit issues. Unfortunately it looks like the SO-DIMM.2 is 78mm, according to an reddit post on PCmasterrace. Too bad.
Well, you're not really losing out on anything. Outside of LN2-specific OC features, the CI8 has essentially nothing that's better than the Strix. It's wholly unnecessary money spent on nothing much at all except compatibility issues.

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
Well, you're not really losing out on anything. Outside of LN2-specific OC features, the CI8 has essentially nothing that's better than the Strix. It's wholly unnecessary money spent on nothing much at all except compatibility issues.

This is all true. It does have a few features which are nice, such as the post code indicator, external clear CMOS, etc. Not worth the extra money, but still nice. Ah well, now I'm off-topic. to the gulag with me.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Unfortunately it looks like the SO-DIMM.2 is 78mm, according to an reddit post on PCmasterrace. Too bad.
you should have re-read first post

2021-02-01: you could, but not sure you should.​

TLDR, not officially supported, but I told some of you (@Boil) that I would share some photos.

My main gripes with this build are the difficulty in cramming parts in, and extra cost required (a longer PCIe 4.0 Riser than the one to be include for upgrade kit, due to mDTX being bigger than mITX). Meshlicious is targeted for the mainstream, I cringe a little when I think about beginners trying to do this, but if you want to, you can, just harder.

1. Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact (Mini-DTX) will fit (3-Slot GPU Mode) and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 will both fit. I have done so using SFX Power Supply on LinkUP PICe 4.0 Riser.​

as an C8I advocate I agree on the compatibility issues - it's a lot more thoughts / modding involved. though I do find the extra temp sensor header (2) and flow header useful, thus I don't need a QUADRO like most SFF WC-ers. And having both M.2 easily accessible via the SO.DIMM card does provide some convenience over the back-mounting one. In total most people should just get a B550i Aorus AND a QUADRO if they are into WC LOL

Reactions: Valantar