Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
In case anyone is interested, I got my ADT-link DP adapters today. Haven't made any attempt at mounting them at the back of the case yet, but so far the fit seems perfect for what I want. 15cm/150mm cable length seems near perfect for routing out the display cable cutout. I don't have a DP 1.4 monitor to test with, so I can't vouch for these actually meeting the spec, but at least they're supposed to.

As you can probably tell, 10cm would cause some uncomfortably tight bends, and 20cm would make a mess, so I lucked out on my guesstimated necessary length for these. Quality, as always with ADT-link, is excellent. The visible soldering on the tiny DP cables is a bit uneven, but looks solid and clearly isn't shorting out or causing issues. Honestly I can't imagine perfect soldering to really be possible on this scale.

Bought the cables from AliExpress, this listing (not the official ADT-link store AFAIK - I think that's this store, but for some reason they didn't have the DP 1.4 version listed). The specific type of cable is the P6A-P8T-BU (blue cable) - this should be the correct orientation for a GPU DP connector in the Meshlicious. Only the blue cable version is DP 1.4 compatible. The P5A version (straight connector) will likely work as well, though the bend at the bottom might be uncomfortably tight. These cables have zero strain relief after all. P7A will angle the cable towards the PSU/motherboard tray, and likely won't fit. Shipping was pretty slow to Sweden - I got a notification a few days after my purchase that shipping would be delayed with an estimated arrival in September(!), which was rather odd given that it hadn't shipped yet. Thankfully it arrived after about a month and a week rather than three months. Still slow though. Nonetheless highly recommended - a cheap and relatively future-proof solution to connector length issues. Now to figure out how to make a plate to hold the rear connectors without access to a 3D printer.

Last edited:

bloodyshogun

Efficiency Noob
Jul 8, 2021
Hi bloodyshogun, my bracket was lasercut from stainless steel and I used a tap to add M3 threads to the holes in the bracket. With a generic countersink bit I widened the holes I drilled in the struts of the case until the screws I had sit flush. I was using some short countersunk M3 screws I already had that were not included with the case. I think those included in the case don't have a metric thread, at least not the countersunk ones. Hope I could help!

Uglobu,

Thanks for the work, and help, again. Your build is amazing.

I think I'll get some time to work on it this weekend. Will probably just set it up with air until the GPU situation improves, but would also be interesting to see the impact of adding fans directly over the GPU (and more importantly getting GPU fresh air instead of hot air from the 280mm rad).

Reactions: Uglobu

shadww

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2021
@Valantar

Hi, I was looking for similar elbow cable for dp1.4 to dp1.4, however apparently ADT cable dont support full bandwidth of dp1.4 yet.

(from ADT website, http://www.adtlink.cn/en/product/DPP.html)
How compatible are wires?
Supports DP 1.2 high-speed, supports 4K/60hz full-speed. High compatibility.
(from the aliexpress page you have linked)
Taxa: 1080p-240hz, 2k-144/165hz, 4k-60hz

(dp1.4 bandwidth info, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#1.4)
DisplayPort 1.4 can support 8K UHD (7680 × 4320) at 60 Hz or 4K UHD (3840 × 2160) at 120 Hz with 30 bit/px RGB color and HDR. 4K at 60 Hz 30 bit/px RGB/HDR can be achieved without the need for DSC.

If you are able to test it please share your findings.

Reactions: Talyrius

performancecomputer

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2019
www.performance-computer.com

This is a crosspost from Reddit. This mod was inspired by u/yesArjan who had the first build that I saw with the FLT 120 D5. I got it to just fit AND still close the side panel. In this build we did not do the standoff mod either. Still waiting on a FE GPU so we can finish the build but we will post a build guide soon with all the details and how we mounted the pump/res. This D5 is totally silent!

I just saw that EK released an 80mm version of this pump/res... Of course as soon as I drill into the case to fit this one...

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
@Valantar

Hi, I was looking for similar elbow cable for dp1.4 to dp1.4, however apparently ADT cable dont support full bandwidth of dp1.4 yet.

(from ADT website, http://www.adtlink.cn/en/product/DPP.html)

(from the aliexpress page you have linked)

(dp1.4 bandwidth info, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#1.4)

If you are able to test it please share your findings.
I forgot to respond to this, sorry about that, but it seems you're right and they have actually changed the listing since I ordered mine. I guess that's what I get for buying from a non-official "ADT-link store". I sadly don't have a DP 1.4 monitor to test these with yet, but when I get around to upgrading my main monitor (unless this has resolved itself otherwise by then) I'll make sure to test it and post my results.

If I were to guess, ADT-link were developing this revision with the blue cabling (which is supposed to have increased shielding) in hopes of it reaching DP 1.4 compatibility, but that it ultimately failed to reach that level of signal integrity. Though that's pure guesswork on my part.

performancecomputer

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2019
www.performance-computer.com

This is a crosspost from Reddit. This mod was inspired by u/yesArjan who had the first build that I saw with the FLT 120 D5. I got it to just fit AND still close the side panel. In this build we did not do the standoff mod either. Still waiting on a FE GPU so we can finish the build but we will post a build guide soon with all the details and how we mounted the pump/res. This D5 is totally silent!

I just saw that EK released an 80mm version of this pump/res... Of course as soon as I drill into the case to fit this one...
Here is the full build guide for those interested: https://www.performance-computer.com/builds/ssupd-meshlicious/

Hope it helps someone out there. Will eventually get a founders 3080 at MSRP to finish this one...

Reactions: MaZo and DrHudacris