Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Consider 280 GTS X-Flow, it has the same performance as the U-flow version but has very low flow restriction and it's much easier to drain. That's the best radiator for Meshlicious in my opinion. WCUK have some in stock right now, not sure if they ship to the EU.
I thought of this too but found a very good deal on an XR5 so I just nabbed that. If I find when I eventually add a GPU I need more, I could swap the rad.

Ended up buying a VTX 120 pump res too so I think pressure won't be a problem either.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Why is everyone so hung up on a rads thickness? As far as I'm aware, there's basically no difference at all between an 27mm (AIO) and an 30+mm thick rad?... And if there are, it's probably so little it's not even worth it in the end.

Just go with whatever radiator is available and be happy :)

Reactions: JSItems

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
yes you are correct. but as long as you can maintain 1 GPM it doesn't matter which should not be an issue for a DDC with 1 CPU block and a few fittings (IIRC your will be CPU-only loop?)
I might run the loop CPU only once I get my new GPU (depends on waterblock pricing and availability), but given that i have zero indication of when that will be I'll be running my Fury X in there until further notice. I don't have a flow meter, so I have no idea what rpm equates to 1gpm in my loop, but my setup is aimed for silence first of all and ramps both fans and pump very low at idle, so I'll definitely not hit that except when the fluid heats up properly under sustained loads. As such, I prefer to avoid highly restrictive components.
Consider 280 GTS X-Flow, it has the same performance as the U-flow version but has very low flow restriction and it's much easier to drain. That's the best radiator for Meshlicious in my opinion. WCUK have some in stock right now, not sure if they ship to the EU.
According to the review linked above by @colghoun that's not accurate. The X-flow is below average (at least at low rpms, I didn't look at high) while the regular gts tops the chart by a signifinact margin.

AFAIK UK shipping would mean customs, additional VAT and a lot of hassle. We can thank Brexit for that one.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I might run the loop CPU only once I get my new GPU (depends on waterblock pricing and availability), but given that i have zero indication of when that will be I'll be running my Fury X in there until further notice. I don't have a flow meter, so I have no idea what rpm equates to 1gpm in my loop, but my setup is aimed for silence first of all and ramps both fans and pump very low at idle, so I'll definitely not hit that except when the fluid heats up properly under sustained loads. As such, I prefer to avoid highly restrictive components.

According to the review linked above by @colghoun that's not accurate. The X-flow is below average (at least at low rpms, I didn't look at high) while the regular gts tops the chart by a signifinact margin.

AFAIK UK shipping would mean customs, additional VAT and a lot of hassle. We can thank Brexit for that one.
I see only 360mm radiators there.
280 GTS X-flow review on Xtremerigs shows that it outperforms 280 GTS slightly at 750 RPM in push with 1 GPM flow rate and at 1300 RPM it performs the same. That is my source.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valantar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I see only 360mm radiators there.
280 GTS X-flow review on Xtremerigs shows that it outperforms 280 GTS slightly at 750 RPM in push with 1 GPM flow rate and at 1300 RPM it performs the same. That is my source.
Hm, seems odd that there would be differences that big between a 280 and 360 of the same design, though I guess the combination of longer and fewer flow channels for the 360 adds up overall. Still doesn't help with availability though. I'm not interested in putting much effort into digging up a rare radiator, so for now I'm leaning towards just going with the Corsair.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hi guys,

Any idea if this AIO will fit? https://www.alpenfoehn.de/en/products/water-cooler/gletscherwasser-280-en

The length is listed at 322mm, 2mm over the maximum dimensions for the mechlicious. I don't really know enough about the case to decide whether those limits are hard set, or 2mm wont be a problem?

As far I've noticed, I tried getting my Kraken Z63 installed yesteday, while it do fits, you have some room on the bottom of the case technically. However, due to the rails on the case, where you screw the radiator/fans to the case, isn't that far down, you can't really slide the radiator up or down a few mm. Hence making it difficult to actually say if those 2mm will do or not.

I would like someone else to hop in and maybe give a more definitive answer, I don't feel comfortable doing it unfortunately.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020

RZEX

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
I'm not familiar with that pump, but which direction is the flow in the picture? Pump/Res > CPU > GPU > Rad?
It's Pump/Res > Rad > CPU, more pics here

lolcat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Any ETA on mesh panels for sale in the US? I saw them for sale/sold out on newegg briefly but the listing seems to be completely gone, even though full mesh cases are in stock.

swy

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 16, 2021
Hi guys,

Any idea if this AIO will fit? https://www.alpenfoehn.de/en/products/water-cooler/gletscherwasser-280-en

The length is listed at 322mm, 2mm over the maximum dimensions for the mechlicious. I don't really know enough about the case to decide whether those limits are hard set, or 2mm wont be a problem?
I have the Deepcool Castle 280ex which I assume is the OEM for the Alpenföhn Gletscherwasser. I managed to get it in with the radiator in front but it was a super tight squeeze, it took me some time to get in. I would not recommend it, but if you are dead set on it, it is possible.

FiftyFifty

Average Stuffer
May 20, 2021
Which one to keep? 🙄

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
Dang, I'm surprised no one in this thread has a dual radiator loop going on. I'm trying to plan my way around a 280GTS X-Flow & TX240 Ultra Slim X-Flow Rad. Trying to fix my stupid 3D printer so I can print my mock up brackets to mount my Phanteks R160C Pump/Res combo.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Which one to keep? 🙄

It's all down to personal preference and everyone's different in that regard. If you'd ask me, I'd personally say definitely the Meshlicious. Just looks so much cleaner and more slick in my opinion.

I'm unfortunately one of those who never fancied the other case, I'll even go as far as saying I don't even know it's name lol. And the fact that it has an tail at the back for the top panel just bugs me :p

Reactions: thelaughingman

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Dang, I'm surprised no one in this thread has a dual radiator loop going on. I'm trying to plan my way around a 280GTS X-Flow & TX240 Ultra Slim X-Flow Rad. Trying to fix my stupid 3D printer so I can print my mock up brackets to mount my Phanteks R160C Pump/Res combo.
For me, the reason I didn't do a dual rad build in the Meshlicious is because the 280mm rad is already able to quietly handle anything you can throw at it, which was unlike my previous Formd T1 that struggled in the quiet department with a single 240mm rad and benefitted from the 2nd one (still performs worst in temps and noise in comparison). Just not worth the hassle IMO

Uglobu

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2021
I'm still working on a dual rad setup, just don't find the time to finish it. Here is a work in progress pic from the GPU side with the 240 rad fitted using a custom laser cut bracket.
For radiators I'm using an Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 280mm + 2 x Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax (black) and an Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 240mm + 2 x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax (black). The pump is an Alphacool Laing DDC310 + EK-XTOP DDC. No reservoir.
If it's worth the hassle? Don't know (yet), but maybe this is the wrong forum to ask such a question 😉

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I don't yet have a new GPU and for simplicity's sake, I'd add it to my current loop first before adding an extra rad setup