Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
It's 97-98% of a 3090 for $400 less ... or 105-110% of a 3080 for $500 more. That is atrocious value. Saying "it's good value compared to the ludicrously priced top-end SKU" is allowing Nvidia to (constantly) shift the goal posts and set the bar for what constitutes value, and ignores all other context, such as ... well, life, reality, affordability, etc. If you (or anyone) can afford a 3090, good for you (/them), but if so you're in a privileged position that essentially nobody is in, and should recognize that. For everyone else, the question (after "can I at all afford this?") is "is this worth the price increase over the SKU below?" What you're saying is a clear reversal of logic that needs to be called out for its inherent biases and skewed priorities.
I don't think anyone can call the 3090 or even 3080 Ti's good values, but this does help put things in perspective.

The 3090 has always been a marketing power play by Nvidia to push what a non-Titan card can cost; and I agree, in a more normal world, if more people looked at it the way I did (i.e: 98% of a 3090) and less looked at it the way you do (110% of a 3080), then it'd probably work... Which is a shame, because even if it's shitty, these things will still all be snapped up in seconds and the price window for the next series of cards will continue to shift higher anyway.

Regardless - thanks for this call out; I've been waiting a while and was likely trying to find some justification in making myself wait this long, for an upgrade that turned out not to be worth the cost. As mentioned in my post, I'll probably see if I can't get a good 3080 (TUF/Strix/Master/Extreme, etc.) during a Best Buy drop or something, though I'm probably late at this point and the limited 10GB of VRAM doesn't make me super excited to settle... but it should still be better than my current GTX 970.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valantar

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
TBH I am just gonna try to get an MSRP card be it AMD or Nvidia though probably not the 3080 Ti either. 6800 XT would be ideal but the other two would be fine by me as well.

Onus

Caliper Novice
Jan 2, 2021
hey, i doesnt want to disturb your 3080ti talk (this card for me ist just absolutely scam level hardware) but to get the focus for a brief time back on the meshmesh again:

Does anyone know where, when and how toned tg panels (and their mirrored equivalents) will be available in EU? Germany would be better but im willing to import it.
Ordered the apparently "tinted-looking" tg panel on caseking (tinting was also mentioned in the description so i was like okay. it should be tinted)
1622746139572.png
but it turns out, it looks more like
Screenshot 2021-06-03 205250.png

so... not as tinted as shown. i will maybe return it in a few days, currently working on getting my mesh mesh build ready till the weekend.
But does anybody know anything about really tinted tg panels?

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
IIRC it was mentioned that the black cases TG Panel would be tinted and the White would be fully clear. But my TG panel doesn't look very tinted. I think I'd like to get the mirror tint panel in fact.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
These are debatable. Especially the first bolded point.
  1. Card 1 Requires:
    • 100 Parts
    • 100 Pieces
    • 24GB Micron GDDR6X
  2. Card 2 Requires:
    • 80 Parts
    • 80 Pieces
    • 12GB Micron GDDR6X
Which, logically, would be easiest to gather the parts for and assemble? Which is less complicated of the two?

This is factoring in the smaller cooler design used for the 3080 Ti, though not the lessened demand for 3090s as a result of the 3080 Ti release. I'm sure we've both seen stacks on stacks of EVGA 3090s just sitting on store shelves because nobody wanted to shell out that much for that card.

Regarding the second point, it probably will sell out, much like the 3080. Some may still go to bots/miners, sure, but a good number will probably also go to regular people looking for a top end card that just didn't want to pay for a 3090 and would rather get the same thing for a bit less.

Haha in all honestly, seeing the prices of these new 3080 Ti's, I don't care either way. They are purely milking their customers as of now... The Strix 3080 Ti costs around 90% more than the 3080 and for what? Like max 10% more performance?... Yeah, Nvidia really did one this time around.

Reactions: Valantar

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Haha in all honestly, seeing the prices of these new 3080 Ti's, I don't care either way. They are purely milking their customers as of now... The Strix 3080 Ti costs around 90% more than the 3080 and for what? Like max 10% more performance?... Yeah, Nvidia really did one this time around.

Yeah, the AIB situation is a complete joke - only the FEs could really be considered a decent purchase at the moment and even then, the value diminishes quickly past the 3080 FE.

Reactions: Dawelio

def

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020
I have the white version and the paint job is not really good. :(
Overall the quality is not even on par with NR200P for example. Aside the quality it is a great case.

Reactions: Shinken1

jives

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2021
Quality wise I am very happy with my back version (also otherwise so far ;)).
Great build quality and aside from a few markings on the inside of the case, the paint job looks really nice.

Onus

Caliper Novice
Jan 2, 2021
IIRC it was mentioned that the black cases TG Panel would be tinted and the White would be fully clear. But my TG panel doesn't look very tinted. I think I'd like to get the mirror tint panel in fact.
Same, but where when and how

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
hey, i doesnt want to disturb your 3080ti talk (this card for me ist just absolutely scam level hardware) but to get the focus for a brief time back on the meshmesh again:

Does anyone know where, when and how toned tg panels (and their mirrored equivalents) will be available in EU? Germany would be better but im willing to import it.
Ordered the apparently "tinted-looking" tg panel on caseking (tinting was also mentioned in the description so i was like okay. it should be tinted)
View attachment 1086
but it turns out, it looks more like
View attachment 1087

so... not as tinted as shown. i will maybe return it in a few days, currently working on getting my mesh mesh build ready till the weekend.
But does anybody know anything about really tinted tg panels?
There's a major difference between viewing tinted glass on a white, bright background vs. when it's mounted on a black case filled with dark components though. Most likely it'll look pretty dark then, with just RGB clearly visible.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
So gonna put out another feeler here. What are some preferences on pump/res combos? I'm starting with a CPU only loop till I get a new GPU. The EK VTX 120 looks good to me but is quite expensive. I'm also looking at the Optimus D5 res combo though its out of stock for now. Any other good suggestions?

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
There's a major difference between viewing tinted glass on a white, bright background vs. when it's mounted on a black case filled with dark components though. Most likely it'll look pretty dark then, with just RGB clearly visible.

Yeah, the glass is tinted enough, if you have the black case you pretty much can't see anything that is not white or just lights.

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
I received my full white mesh 4.0 case the other day and it's beautiful. Sad part is I didn't bother looking into watercooling parts as I was not expecting it to arrive so quickly.

I currently have a O11 custom hardline loop but I'm looking to do soft tubing dual rads (280GTS X-Flow & 240mm XSPC thin rad). Does anyone have this current set up?

Last edited:
Reactions: jives

jives

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2021
So gonna put out another feeler here. What are some preferences on pump/res combos? I'm starting with a CPU only loop till I get a new GPU. The EK VTX 120 looks good to me but is quite expensive. I'm also looking at the Optimus D5 res combo though its out of stock for now. Any other good suggestions?
For my custom loop (CPU, GPU, 280mm rad) I am currently debating four options:
  1. DC-LT 2 + Solo Top, separate res (I have an old EKWB 50mm x 110mm res and a Barrow 50mm x 130mm is on the way)
    I'll put the case into 4 slot GPU configuration and mount the res on the back plate next to the GPU, with the pump somewhere below
  2. Same as 1, but with a DDC
    I doubt that I can find enough space on the GPU side for a DDC. Maybe upright, between the GPU support thingies.
  3. DC-LT 2 + 40/80 Top
    Between the rad and the PSU. The 40 fits easily, but the res volume is tiny. The 80 should fit too, but I'll see once I have my rad in the case in the next few days
  4. Barrow DDC pump/res combo
    Would probably go between PSU and rad, but that'll be a tight fit. I'd probably replace the pump with an EKWB or Laing 3.2 PWM though.
I'm worried about noise from the pump, since I'm quite sensitive to those humming noises they typically make, but I hope that at least one of the options will work out and prove to be quiet (enough). I might try adding one of the Noctua silent adapter cables to the DC-LT 2 - it should spin up at 7V as well. Let's see, I have the Barrow pump/res combo and the DC-LT 2 + Solo Top on the way already 😁

Last edited:

jives

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2021
With the GPU in the highest position and a bit of modding a DDC fits there. Barely but fits. There is even some space below for dampening foam to decouple the pump.

That's awesome, thanks a lot for sharing! Seems like the GPU mounting thingies have been shortened in this build - I already thought of doing that, either for the tubing or for the DDC. But the thread in the front is still there... did you cut your own on the other side after shortening or does it go through the mounting thingy all the way? How did you mount the pump? Is that a DDC310? How do you like it, and how's the noise?

Do you have more pictures of that build by any chance? I'd be really interested to see the rest!

jives

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2021
Just got my Meshlicious recently, would post my build log after finish it.

Looks really good, looking forward to your build log already! :) I'm really curious what everyone's going to come up with in this case.

Which pump are you using with the Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT, and how do you find the noise levels in idle?
I've read really mixed reports about the original DC-LT 2600 - some say its super quiet (and I can't hear it in Optimum Tech's video at all), others say that it is louder than a DDC. I'm wondering if the soft tubing in OT's build simply decoupled the pump really well and people saying its loud mounted it to the case or are using hard tubing?

How are you going to fill the loop?

Last edited: