Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Wow those AL140s look very nice. Hope they perform well. I was thinking of combining the P14 fans with the Halos 140mm frame for my custom loop but this would be even more elegant. Hope the release date is somewhat soon.
According to Lian Li's representative in their subreddit, AL120 are slated to release in June. No specifics were given regarding AL140 so could it be also June or they might get delayed like SL140. I guess we'll find out in June.

jives

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2021
Keep in mind though that their fans have a noise issue at certain RPM's, which have been confirmed by Arctic themselves, it's something with the fan hub, how it's constructed.
Oh, that's super interesting, and something all the reviews I looked at failed to mention.
I wanted to go with 2 P14 PWM PST fans for my build, but now I might need an alternative... the NF-P14s PWM maybe (although I'd really prefer a black fan...) NF-A14 chromax after all?

Last edited:

Incubus32

Case Bender
New User
May 30, 2021
I received my 1.4 Display Adaptor and works flawlessly! Got more pics on my build log if interested to see.

Hey man! I've been thinking of getting these as well. Do you have any measurements in mm? Thanks!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Wow those AL140s look very nice. Hope they perform well. I was thinking of combining the P14 fans with the Halos 140mm frame for my custom loop but this would be even more elegant. Hope the release date is somewhat soon.

As far as my research has gone and by comparing the specifications of the new AL fans on their announcement video, to the current SL fans, these new AL fans have slightly higher performance in terms of static pressure and airflow. Although, it's to keep in mind that there's no information on how these results were obtained. And were there any sort of restrictions or so? We don't know if these results would translate directly onto an AIO or similarly. Ie, if the new AL are better than SL on an AIO.

If you ask me, I don't think the difference will be huge - wether it's better or worse. I'll personally go for the AL version, strictly down due to their aestethics.

Oh, that's super interesting, and something all the reviews I looked at failed to mention.
I wanted to go with 2 P14 PWM PST fans for my build, but now I might need an alternative... the NF-P14s PWM maybe (although I'd really prefer a black fan...)?

Here's the video where he both explains and even demostrates the noise. Even though it's minimal in the video, it's still there and can be an issue depending on how sensitive you are to noise - as everyone's hearing is different.

You do also have the Noctua NF-A14 Chromax, which are black.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Hey man! I've been thinking of getting these as well. Do you have any measurements in mm? Thanks!

30.5mm and 41.5mm
I wanted to go with 2 P14 PWM PST fans for my build, but now I might need an alternative... the NF-P14s PWM maybe (although I'd really prefer a black fan...)?
I am susceptible to noise and I think the noise issue is being exaggerated. I had 2xP14 on an open bench for a week and never noticed any irregular noise during real-world usage. Sure I hear it at certain RPMs but I have to specifically pay attention to it and it quickly goes away as RPM ramps up.

Reactions: jives

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
30.5mm and 41.5mm

I am susceptible to noise and I think the noise issue is being exaggerated. I had 2xP14 on an open bench for a week and never noticed any irregular noise during real-world usage. Sure I hear it at certain RPMs but I have to specifically pay attention to it and it quickly goes away as RPM ramps up.

That doesn't have to necessarily mean nor say that they won't notice it. The fans that they recieve might be worse than yours. Even though you haven't had the worst of experiences, doesn't mean that everybody has unfortunately.

I have unfortunately experienced this several times with different products.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
That doesn't have to necessarily mean nor say that they won't notice it. The fans that they recieve might be worse than yours. Even though you haven't had the worst of experiences, doesn't mean that everybody has unfortunately.

I have unfortunately experienced this several times with different products.
They can return the fans if they don't like them. Or set a custom fan curve to avoid "noisy" RPMs. Boom. Problem solved.
My point is, it's such a minor issue that shouldn't be the reason to pick weaker fans instead.

Last edited:

Incubus32

Case Bender
New User
May 30, 2021
30.5mm and 41.5mm

Appreciate the info man! Thanks a lot! Will get two of these :)

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
They can return the fans if they don't like them. Or set a custom fan curve to avoid "noisy" RPMs. Boom. Problem solved.
My point is, it's such a minor issue that shouldn't be the reason to pick weaker fans instead.

Sure, the problem might be solved that way, still doesn't completely fixes the issue since it's an issue with the fan design itself.

I didn't mean to come off as argueing, only stating a real issue with the fan and that everyone's experience is different. That's all :)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Arctic themselves conceded that this 'issue' is inherent in the design of the P-series. So it is perfectly valid to point out this 'feature'. Whether or not that affect any purchasing decision, it's really up to the individual

Reactions: robojim and Dawelio

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
Looking at the aio installation, is there any issue if I put the tubes on the top? it should behave fine, as the pump is below the top-most part of the rad, and the tubes can be routed more efficiently.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Looking at the aio installation, is there any issue if I put the tubes on the top? it should behave fine, as the pump is below the top-most part of the rad, and the tubes can be routed more efficiently.
Should be fine, yeah. If any bubbles get sucked into the pump, you can always tilt the case back slightly to get them back into the rad. They should stay there though.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

No issues at all. The whole thing has blown out of proportion to be honest. No AIO won't work even if the pump is the highest point. It will potentially shorten the life and cause noise when/if bubbles gets trapped in the pump itself.

In your case, the tubes tank on the rad will be higher than the pump itself, hence potential bubbles will get stuck there and hence minimises the issue.

In short; orient the AIO either way you see most fitting :)

Uglobu

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2021
Damn, that's really fast, I should have waited instead of ordering the black one from Newegg via MyUS, just built it couple of days ago, but oh well :p
Same, and payed a damn premium for that.

In case anyone wonders, an Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 280mm Radiator V.2 fits perfectly in the front 👍

Reactions: rfarmer

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
For those wondering, I just got an reply back from Caseking.de. The following version is black, even though the description and specifications on the bottom says white. They've had an error in the system that has caused it to say "white" apparently, which they've said will be fixed shortly.

So the following version is black: https://www.caseking.de/en/ssupd-me...4.0-edition-mini-itx-case-black-gesp-005.html

Reactions: jives

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
They should unveil it tomorrow apparently. Seems they're competing with the Z63 and such. Would be cool if they actually brought that kind of tech to their CPU blocks though. The Magnitude is very expensive but only marginally better than their base models.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I mean, if they have the tech for a USB-powered info display, couldn't they just sell that separately for mounting whereever you want it? CPU blocks are a difficult fit for displays simply due to the need for fittings coming out of the top - though they could of course make the block much thicker and have side-mounted ports.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I mean, if they have the tech for a USB-powered info display, couldn't they just sell that separately for mounting whereever you want it? CPU blocks are a difficult fit for displays simply due to the need for fittings coming out of the top - though they could of course make the block much thicker and have side-mounted ports.
True, could also be an enhanced fan/RGB hub with a display. Would be neat to have a less DIY solution that current displays I see in other builds.