Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
so what is everyone thinking about this case?

It's honestly pretty great, wish they sold the white one instantly, had to settle for black, but its easy to work with, footprint is small, you can put pretty much the highest end components in it, not overly expensive.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Hmm, weird, in the video with the cable management hack:

He's actually using the ML240 AIO which according to specs on Coolermaster website has a pump with a height of 57.8mm which shouldn't fit in the 4 slot GPU mode he's using according to ssupd specs (supposedly max 53mm). This makes me think that Kraken that have 55mm high pump might actually fit, I think there is a difference in a way they measure this.

EDIT:

He confirmed that the pump touches the mesh panel but doesn't interfere with closing it securely. Wonder if the extra 2-3mm from a shorter Kraken would allow for the glass panel to close.

Last edited:

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
So a small update:

While the fan RGB was actually pretty nice looking, I just replaced the EK Vardar fans on my EK 280 AIO. One of the fans was already failing after just a few days of use with loud clicking noises as it would intermittently get off center and start hitting the cross bar every time it ramped up. They were also absurdly loud and really annoying any time they changed RPM. I swapped in some noctua chromax NF-A14's and they are SO much quieter and have a much smoother noise. Highly recommended.
That sucks you got a defective fan! hopefully they ship you a replacement, I've ordered so many vardars over the years and I've yet to have a bad fan, but I will admit that aren't the quietest haha
so what is everyone thinking about this case?
I've had my case for two weeks now and absolutely in love with it! I thought I wanted the double mesh, but after seeing it with the tinted window and the performance I'm getting with highend hardware (5900x/6800xt) I'm happy I have the TG panel haha.

I'm happy I procrastinated on the Formd T1 because that was the case I was looking at before this one was announced.

Saw this on reddit, sick build.
I've been following his build on Instagram, he had to switch fitting on the cpu side because the ones he was using didn't clear the side panel, really nice build!

Reactions: rfarmer

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Hmm, weird, in the video with the cable management hack:

He's actually using the ML240 AIO which according to specs on Coolermaster website has a pump with a height of 57.8mm which shouldn't fit in the 4 slot GPU mode he's using according to ssupd specs (supposedly max 53mm). This makes me think that Kraken that have 55mm high pump might actually fit, I think there is a difference in a way they measure this.

EDIT:

He confirmed that the pump touches the mesh panel but doesn't interfere with closing it securely. Wonder if the extra 2-3mm from a shorter Kraken would allow for the glass panel to close.

Honestly I don't know if i have OCD or something but i absolutely hate the way the tubes are run on his build, especially compared to how clean the rest of his build looks.. but that's just my opinion

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Honestly I don't know if i have OCD or something but i absolutely hate the way the tubes are run on his build, especially compared to how clean the rest of his build looks.. but that's just my opinion

True, could have been done better but the general cable management is definitely easier with the GPU on long standoffs.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
True, could have been done better but the general cable management is definitely easier with the GPU on long standoffs.
To be honest in 3slot mode, if i was like him and not used the USB3 and USB-C cables i could of easily fit my 24pin behind the mobo and looked equally clean.. Its really easy to make this case clean looking if you decide not to use the front I/O, Hell he has the case with the all that space in 4slot mode and still couldnt bother to hide all those fan cables and rgb cables sitting at the bottle of the case lol

I ran my 24pin in the front to cover the ugly USB-C/USB3 cables as they are too thick and bulky to bend and put under the mobo...

Last edited:
Reactions: jives

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Any thoughts on what 280mm rad to consider? Corsair XR5 seems great for the price but what about the Alphacool ST30 v2 and the Primochill rad?

Edit: picked up a Corsair for a decent price on Ebay. Next up waterblock, pump, tubes and fittings.

Last edited:

jives

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2021
I'm planning to use the Corsair XR5 (since it's most likely a rebranded HWLabs Nemesis LS, so I'm hoping for high quality stuff there).
I'd go with the HWLabs 280 GTS since it has the best performance, but since its wider it can only be mounted with the fans in front of the rad, and want to get as much clearance as I can between the power supply and the rad to maybe squeeze in a pump and reservoir there.

jives

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2021
Congrats! Caseking didn't even reply to my inquiry (I asked if I could preorder), and I've been toying with the idea of just getting it from taobao via superbuy - but they only have the PCIe 3 version available, and the 14cm Linkup 4.0 riser cable is out of stock everywhere :( Guess I'll have to wait and hope the launch via Caseking works out as planned...

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Meshlicious is now available at Caseking. Also with full-mesh PCIE 4.0 riser option, @jives.

No full-mesh white PCIe 4.0 version? Actually, no white PCIe 4.0 version at all? And the 4.0 riser is €80, bringing the total price for a full-mesh white case + it to €210 rather than €180 for the black? That's rather steep, damn. Still tempted, might go for a black one.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Well, I'm glad I'm getting my vacation pay in a couple of weeks.

Will also be selling off my current EK PE 240 and BQ SW3 fans, so at least I'm getting a tiny bit of that back.