Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
I never seen or knew any of these existed , fan the mounts look interesting

Sadly it only makes sense with the mesh panel, and I wanna use that for the GPU.

Reactions: Rich_Holm

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
OK I finally managed to install my parts. BeQuiet 280mm AIO fits but it's a bitch. On top of that, using 3 2.5" SSDs (older mobo has no NVMe) makes cabling a mess. I like the case quite a bit but the instructions are a bit haphazard. Kinda wish there was a bit more direction in what to do first.

I initially wanted the glass on the CPU side but cables look ugly there. Once I get a new GPU, I'd probably also get a whole new Mobo and CPU and such and would be able to clean up the cables by moving to only 1 2.5" drive behind the SFX PSU.

Reactions: rfarmer

Famaku

Cable Smoosher
Sep 23, 2020
Did anyone have a look at using the Asrock deep mini-ITX board (ROMED4ID-2T) for Epyc CPUs in this? From what I can gather, it seems fitting a 280mm radiator with slim fans won't offer enough room for such a build?

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Did anyone have a look at using the Asrock deep mini-ITX board (ROMED4ID-2T) for Epyc CPUs in this? From what I can gather, it seems fitting a 280mm radiator with slim fans won't offer enough room for such a build?
With that mobo you'll have only ~30mm clearance for a radiator with fans. A horizontal sandwich style case like C4-SFX would be better suited for long ITX boards.

Famaku

Cable Smoosher
Sep 23, 2020
With that mobo you'll have only ~30mm clearance for a radiator with fans. A horizontal sandwich style case like C4-SFX would be better suited for long ITX boards.
That roughly fits my estimate. The DAN C4-SFX hasn't convinced me quite yet. Radiator placement and thus cooling performance of the Meshlicious should be higher, which would be more sensible for such a build. I wonder if rotating the mobo might help. Maybe I'll just have to try.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
That roughly fits my estimate. The DAN C4-SFX hasn't convinced me quite yet. Radiator placement and thus cooling performance of the Meshlicious should be higher, which would be more sensible for such a build. I wonder if rotating the mobo might help. Maybe I'll just have to try.
Wouldn't that not allow you to not use the mobo output? Probably make it harder to use a riser too. Not sure what the use case of course. I'd imagine that using it for a server/build machine, you might not need as much of the rear IO output.

inuyasha6473

What's an ITX?
New User
May 11, 2021
This would suck!

Hey look that's my post haha. It does suck. It also has a tendency to drop glass on my desk.

To add some context I preorded my case day one. Shipped the case to my work then was on PTO the day it came. Yesterday came to work excited to see it only to find it was damaged in shipping. Made a RMA request Monday morning but haven't heard anything. Funny thing is the box doesn't even look bad.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Thats the problem with tempered glass. Hoping that SSUPD will have some spare panels available to ship.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This would suck!

From the pic, you can tell by the crack propagation pattern that the origin of stress point is at the rear bottom corner. So, one possibility is that the panel/case was dropped with that corner landing first, thus creating an impact stress.

If the panel can be somehow strengthened and receive a multi-colour treatment to simulate a stained glass mosaic look, it would look very pretty, I think.

Onus

Caliper Novice
Jan 2, 2021
Does anyone have recommended cable lengths or did someone order already custom cables for the mesh mesh?
since i don’t think i will get it before mid june, it would be awesome to order some cables now and built with them directly at the start.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Hey look that's my post haha. It does suck. It also has a tendency to drop glass on my desk.

To add some context I preorded my case day one. Shipped the case to my work then was on PTO the day it came. Yesterday came to work excited to see it only to find it was damaged in shipping. Made a RMA request Monday morning but haven't heard anything. Funny thing is the box doesn't even look bad.
Lmao wasn’t sure if you were in here or not haha

I receive mine this coming Thursday, I paid insurance on my package from US to me (Canada) so if it’s damaged I can go after UPS lol

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Oh yeah it;s safer but it's very senstive to breaking when hit from the side actually
Not if it's properly heat-treated to remove internal stresses. It's a bit more sensitive than non-tempered glass, sure - mainly because it essentially doesn't bend - but it still takes quite a bit of force to break. The main weakness is that it (essentially) doesn't chip, but rather every chip propagates cracks through the entire pane, breaking it.