Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
My case is here! Sounds like I know what I'm doing today =)

Can you measure how tall is the rubber/foam pad which goes under the PSU, please?

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Will these dimensions fit? 310.05(L)X 130.75(W)X 51.4 (H)mm

my 3080 preorder is taking forever and found a sapphire 6700XT instock

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
Specs:
Asus b550I
5900x
NZXT z63 kraken
32gb Corsair vengeance pro
Asus 3080 Strix
Corsair SF750
2tb m.2 (games/media)
500gb m.2 (OS/programs)

Don't want to flood this so heres the album of me building. But here are two side pics. When building be prepared for some advanced cable management. I think I did alright =)

Meshlicious Pics

The strix fits...but one of the ziptie mounts on the mobo tray pushes against the backplate. Also it fits in the default GPU position, I just removed one of the posts to get the card in there....installed card and put the mounting post back.

Of course....I'm SUPER smart and assumed my DP connector would fit...guess who has to buy a right angle adapter/cable? LOL

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
just 1 thing to note that most will probably miss - GS actually recommends having the fans as exhaust instead of intake. So far I've only seen builds with the front/radiator fans as intake. it makes sense when you think about the Mesh as a vertical T1
Good observation. Pretty sure Optimum Tech tested it both as intake/exhaust as well.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Good observation. Pretty sure Optimum Tech tested it both as intake/exhaust as well.
I've averaged the temps from both of their original Meshlicious videos and I'm going with exhaust based on the following:
  • Combined Average Intake Temps
    • CPU: 73° C
    • GPU: 76.5° C
    • Total System Temp: 149.5° C
  • Combined Average Exhaust Temps
    • CPU: 72.5° C
    • GPU: 72.5° C
    • Total System Temp: 145° C

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
The drawback of a front exhaust is of course venting anywhere from 150W to 500W of heat more or less towards yourself as you're sitting at the desk. Even if the case isn't pointed directly at you that can be rather uncomfortable. With the front as an intake that heat will diffuse into the ambient air before reaching the user.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
How bad is the performance hit putting the fans on the outside compared in the inside of the case? I see a lot of builders putting the fans on the inside with negative pressure.

I think it would look better on the outside and make it a bit easier to make cable management cleaner

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
How bad is the performance hit putting the fans on the outside compared in the inside of the case? I see a lot of builders putting the fans on the inside with negative pressure.

I think it would look better on the outside and make it a bit easier to make cable management cleaner
Do you mean on the inside or outside of the radiator? Outside of the case would be ... uh, difficult to mount :p There shouldn't be a noticeable performance difference between a push and pull setup with most 25mm radiator fans and standard radiators. Pull is typically more efficient with thicker (35mm+) fans and thick, high density radiators, but that's hardly relevant in the SFF space. There's been a decent amount of testing done on this, and most show zero or near zero difference between pulling and pushing air through the radiator. The only other factor that might impact this is if a front exhaust pull (i.e. fans near the front panel) setup comes close enough to the front panel to cause enough turbulence to inhibit flow. I doubt this is an issue with this mesh though.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Do you mean on the inside or outside of the radiator? Outside of the case would be ... uh, difficult to mount :p There shouldn't be a noticeable performance difference between a push and pull setup with most 25mm radiator fans and standard radiators. Pull is typically more efficient with thicker (35mm+) fans and thick, high density radiators, but that's hardly relevant in the SFF space. There's been a decent amount of testing done on this, and most show zero or near zero difference between pulling and pushing air through the radiator. The only other factor that might impact this is if a front exhaust pull (i.e. fans near the front panel) setup comes close enough to the front panel to cause enough turbulence to inhibit flow. I doubt this is an issue with this mesh though.
Meant radiator , obv it will be mounted in the case.. I plan on putting the mesh panel on the gpu side

hengster

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2020
Received my Meshlicious pre-ordered from AfterShock PC here in Singapore today, while collections have started since yesterday. Lots of stock, black and white mesh ones. Full mesh ^.^ will build tonight more likely and hoping for good thermals and some RGB goodness to peek through the fine mesh.

One thing though, those thinking to put a strix 3070/80/90 in there may be in for a tough time. Even angled connectors don’t seem to be good enough for the bottom clearance as the 318.5mm card really takes up all the space there is. This was explained to me by the staff there as their display unit build with NZXT Z63 and strix 3080 could not display any output as no current mass market angled video (HDMI 2.0/2.1/DP1.4) cables fit for them.

Last edited:

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
So like @hengster I have a 3080 Strix. I was able to fit the strix in at the default 'middle' GPU position. It is snug. I had to remove the "left" (or center, furthest from PCI slot) GPU bracket, then slide the GPU into the case, then reinstall the GPU support.

There is NO way you can get the Strix to use the 'top' GPU position and I suppose with a different style angle connector you could use the 'low' position.

This is how 'snug' the 3080 Strix fits in the default gpu position.

I bought these DP Angle adapters and this DP cable with 'short' connectors . There were other options on Amazon but they did not claim to support 144hz at 1440p. The cable was a nice quality, but at the middle position it was no better than my existing regular DP cable. Sure the connector is technically shorter but there is NO way you can bend the cable to have the case sit on the table flat. The angle adapter JUST fits at the middle position. I did not test the 'low' position, but I am very skeptical that it would fit.

Also glad my GPU has 2 rows of connections otherwise 2 monitors might not be possible. I used the right angle hdmi that came with the Meshlicious and the DP angle adapter with my existing DP cable.

Last edited:

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
So like @hengster I have a 3080 Strix. I was able to fit the strix in at the default 'middle' GPU position. It is snug. I had to remove the "left" (or center, furthest from PCI slot) GPU bracket, then slide the GPU into the case, then reinstall the GPU support.

There is NO way you can get the Strix to use the 'top' GPU position and I suppose with a different style angle connector you could use the 'low' position.
I bought these DP Angle adapters and this DP cable with 'short' connectors . There were other options on Amazon but they did not claim to support 144hz at 1440p. The cable was a nice quality, but at the middle position it was no better than my existing regular DP cable. Sure the connector is technically shorter but there is NO way you can bend the cable to have the case sit on the table flat. The angle adapter JUST fits at the middle position. I did not test the 'low' position, but I am very skeptical that it would fit.

Also glad my GPU has 2 rows of connections otherwise 2 monitors might not be possible. I used the right angle hdmi that came with the Meshlicious and the DP angle adapter with my existing DP cable.
Hey man I bought a long DP cable for my setup already because I needed something long for my monitor arm , if my cable doesn’t fit I was thinking about the right angle adaptor , do you have any issues with the adaptor ? I know DP can be really finicky at times