Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 I am dead set on using the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO in this case as you have in your posted photos. I see that particular AIO's radiator/fan thickness is thicker than the documented specs allow for, yet I see that you have done it. It has been hinted at in a reddit post with those same photos that up to 65mm of space is available for the Rad/fans. How was this achieved? I sit something I can do without cutting or drilling the case?

For the Arctic to fit, just remove the top rails per the instruction manual and have some patience, no cutting or drilling required.

Same question here. From the Feb 1st update, it mentioned that it was done using SFX PSU. If I plan to use an SFXL PSU how would the compatibility change?

SFX-L will work the same as SFX in the case.

Well hell... I think I just answered my own question. The screws holding in the radiator brackets on the front of the case are a bit too long so they stop the radiator from sitting flush in the case. Replacing them with shorter screws allows you to take advantage of the full 65mm gap between the front of the case and the motherboard tray.
And It looks like that only is an issue if you are using 240mm radiators requiring the bracket. So when using a 280mm radiator without the bracket you have access to the entire 65mm gap?

There should be short screws that comes with the radiator.

240mm radiator is only 1mm thick, so it sacrifices 1mm radiator thickness compatability.

I have a SF600 gold and would like ask you guys what length should I go with for a EPS modular cable. Would 600mm be enough? Thank you very much!

Small case, that length should be more than enough

Anyone have news regarding the Iceman Pump/Res combo for the Meshlicious case? I can't seem to find any information on their website and no one is talking about it.

Optimum Tech has it

Question about the front I/O, specifically the USB-A port - is this connected to the mobo with a male to male 20/19 pin cable, or is the end connected to the USB-A port hardwired?
I do not know for certainty. But, judging from the pics, it is almost certain that the entire assembly is a one-piece construction without anything detachable/replaceable. That is, the other end of that cable cannot be unplugged and replaced easily as it is 'hardwired'. From a manufacturing cost and assembly point of view, this is usually so. If anything goes wrong, that entire assembly is to be replaced, I suppose.

20/19 Pin cable on the other end for motherboard header.

Uglobu

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2021
Hey Wahaha360, thank you for making this case! Loved the T1 already and can't wait to have this one in my hands.

Any chance you could offer a 3D model (eg. .stp) or some drawings with dimensions of the case? I'm trying to plan a dual rad custom loop and so far made a crude drawing based on what I could find in the manual. Having the real measurements would be really helpful!

Here is what I have come up, it seems even a DDC could fit. But the side panel clips give me some headache as their number seems to have changed between different (prototype) versions of the case?

EK-Quantum Velocity AM4
EK-Quantum Vector RTX
EK-Quantum Flow Indicator
Alphacool Laing DDC310 + EK-XTOP DDC
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 280mm
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 240mm
Some Hard Tube, some TPV

Hilo

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2021
For the Arctic to fit, just remove the top rails per the instruction manual and have some patience, no cutting or drilling required.

240mm radiator is only 1mm thick, so it sacrifices 1mm radiator thickness compatability.

Small case, that length should be more than enough

Optimum Tech has it

20/19 Pin cable on the other end for motherboard header.

the Arctic to fit, just remove the top rails per the instruction manual and have some patience, no cutting or drilling required.

Thanks for confirming that for me. Awesome case! Can't wait to get this thing built!

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
Hey Wahaha360, thank you for making this case! Loved the T1 already and can't wait to have this one in my hands.

Any chance you could offer a 3D model (eg. .stp) or some drawings with dimensions of the case? I'm trying to plan a dual rad custom loop and so far made a crude drawing based on what I could find in the manual. Having the real measurements would be really helpful!

Here is what I have come up, it seems even a DDC could fit. But the side panel clips give me some headache as their number seems to have changed between different (prototype) versions of the case?

EK-Quantum Velocity AM4
EK-Quantum Vector RTX
EK-Quantum Flow Indicator
Alphacool Laing DDC310 + EK-XTOP DDC
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 280mm
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 240mm
Some Hard Tube, some TPV
are you in 4 slot pcie mode or default 3 slot? I have to go 3 slot as I have a barrow pump block combo and need the space. I gotta go with a slim rad on the side then, tho I could still do a 280 lol. How about placing the pump on top of the psu or make a bracket to fit it on the top-panel?

Uglobu

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2021
Using 4 slot here, that gains about 2 cm versus 3 slot. Is there even a slim enough rad that could fit including fans in 3 slot mode?
Tried the pump above the PSU but no luck (at least in 4 slot mode). But might work with another pump like the DC-LT (like here).

203Null

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2021
Anyone waiting on the EKWB 280 D-RGB, my preorder shipped and they have it in stock on the website!
I was splitting between the EK280 and Liquid Freezer II. But my preorder shipped early today too so I guess I'm gonna have to keep it then.

TheHoody

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 23, 2021
Planning to have a ryzen build with this lovely case but wonder which b550 board will be the best option? Personally aiming for Asrock but kind of scared the right angle sata port will be a problem with an aio or something. Any thoughts? Sorry if someone already cover it up.

kersk

Cable Smoosher
Jan 22, 2021
I was splitting between the EK280 and Liquid Freezer II. But my preorder shipped early today too so I guess I'm gonna have to keep it then.
Same, my preorder shipped so I guess I'll stick with it. Probably less hassle to install and it's not ugly so oh well.

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
Anyone waiting on the EKWB 280 D-RGB, my preorder shipped and they have it in stock on the website!
Thanks for the heads up! I still don't have any idea on what case I am going to end up with, but the 280 is supported by most.
Also, it's been a long time coming, the 240 released a looong time ago.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Planning to have a ryzen build with this lovely case but wonder which b550 board will be the best option? Personally aiming for Asrock but kind of scared the right angle sata port will be a problem with an aio or something. Any thoughts? Sorry if someone already cover it up.
Strix b550i has both Type A and Type C headers for the front I/O. There is one catch: with default BIOS settings ASUS mini-ITX mobos clock Ryzen 5000 CPUs a bit lower than other brand mobos, you just need to enable Performance Enhancer Level 1 to have advertised clock speeds.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Does anyone have suggestions for HDMI 2.1 or Display Port 1.4 cables that will fit the lowest GPU position? Maybe we could get a list or something going for future reference?

I looked on Amazon.ca but had a hard time finding cables that actually listed clearance from the port as a specification, even on the right-angle, low-profile cables.

Last edited:

lolcat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Does anyone have suggestions for HDMI 2.1 or Display Port 1.4 cables that will fit the lowest GPU position? Maybe we could get a list or something going for future reference?

I looked on Amazon.ca but had a hard time finding cables that actually listed clearance from the port as a specification, even on the right-angle, low-profile cables.
Wondering the same for DP 1.4 cables. Most I've seen on Amazon have pretty mixed reviews. I did find a post somewhere recommending this adapter:

If this fits and is reliable this could be great cause it would work with any cable.

Reactions: Sahaj

203Null

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2021

I think this will be really hard to find, the thinnest DP1.4 cable that I was able to find that has clear measures is 29mm. I have gotten 3x DP extension cable like this one instead (Model P2A-P4T, 35cm) and plan to 3d print a custom PCIE panel so I can route the cable from the back of the case. If you don't want to 3d print a PCIE panel then I think a short P2A-P4B might be a great option.