Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

mdme

Efficiency Noob
Feb 19, 2021
@Wahaha360

Thanks for showing the proof of concept that the C8i mini-dtx fits in the meshlicious.

when you did that, did you need to place the SFX psu in the "outermost" position? this is the position closest to the outside frame of the case. I am concerned that with this position and the fan facing out, that the TG panel cannot be placed without choking the PSU for air (or creating turbulence). I ask this coz i plan to put the mesh side on the GPU side and my current mobo that i plan to use is a C8i. I think with a mini-itx, you can place the SFX psu a little "inside" and therefore have some space between the TG and the PSU fan intake. I have a B550i strix which i can use but would really hope i can use the c8i for my build. this would not be an issue if i have the mesh side on the CPU but i wanted the mesh side in the GPU side.

p.s. would be easier with 2 mesh sides when one can buy the mesh panel in the future. :)

thanks for your reply. I preordered the case and am anxiously waiting for release! :)

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
@Wahaha360

Thanks for showing the proof of concept that the C8i mini-dtx fits in the meshlicious.

when you did that, did you need to place the SFX psu in the "outermost" position? this is the position closest to the outside frame of the case. I am concerned that with this position and the fan facing out, that the TG panel cannot be placed without choking the PSU for air (or creating turbulence). I ask this coz i plan to put the mesh side on the GPU side and my current mobo that i plan to use is a C8i. I think with a mini-itx, you can place the SFX psu a little "inside" and therefore have some space between the TG and the PSU fan intake. I have a B550i strix which i can use but would really hope i can use the c8i for my build. this would not be an issue if i have the mesh side on the CPU but i wanted the mesh side in the GPU side.

p.s. would be easier with 2 mesh sides when one can buy the mesh panel in the future. :)

thanks for your reply. I preordered the case and am anxiously waiting for release! :)
The next release in April will have both white and 2 mesh versions.

redzr9

Cable Smoosher
Apr 8, 2020
@Wahaha360

This has probably been ask before, but, on the April release, do we an option which display cable comes with our case or is it only hdmi for everyone? thanks...

mdme

Efficiency Noob
Feb 19, 2021
The next release in April will have both white and 2 mesh versions.
Yeah but as I've said, I've preordered already. I'm hoping to be able to order the side panel probably as a plan B if i cannot place the PSU in an orientation or place that allows air thru the PSU fan. otherwise, I could place the TG panel on the GPU side and see how the temps are with a negative pressure set up. Hopefully @Wahaha360 can shed some light on this so i can plan my build accordingly. :)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360

This has probably been ask before, but, on the April release, do we an option which display cable comes with our case or is it only hdmi for everyone? thanks...

No, HDMI only, and prob unncessary.

Unless you are running MSI GPU or GPU >320mm, regular DP cable should work with 3D printed *tall feet or even regular feet on the case.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Yeah but as I've said, I've preordered already. I'm hoping to be able to order the side panel probably as a plan B if i cannot place the PSU in an orientation or place that allows air thru the PSU fan. otherwise, I could place the TG panel on the GPU side and see how the temps are with a negative pressure set up. Hopefully @Wahaha360 can shed some light on this so i can plan my build accordingly. :)

SFX fan facing towards the motherboard will work, not ideal, but will work.

When are the white ones going to be available for pre-order?

April

Hilo

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2021
@Wahaha360 I am dead set on using the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO in this case as you have in your posted photos. I see that particular AIO's radiator/fan thickness is thicker than the documented specs allow for, yet I see that you have done it. It has been hinted at in a reddit post with those same photos that up to 65mm of space is available for the Rad/fans. How was this achieved? I sit something I can do without cutting or drilling the case?

203Null

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2021
@Wahaha360 I am dead set on using the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO in this case as you have in your posted photos. I see that particular AIO's radiator/fan thickness is thicker than the documented specs allow for, yet I see that you have done it. It has been hinted at in a reddit post with those same photos that up to 65mm of space is available for the Rad/fans. How was this achieved? I sit something I can do without cutting or drilling the case?
Same question here. From the Feb 1st update, it mentioned that it was done using SFX PSU. If I plan to use an SFXL PSU how would the compatibility change?

Hilo

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2021
Same question here. From the Feb 1st update, it mentioned that it was done using SFX PSU. If I plan to use an SFXL PSU how would the compatibility change?
I too am using a SFX-L at this point. Though his answer to your question could change that.

Hilo

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2021
I too am using a SFX-L at this point. Though his answer to your question could change that.
Well hell... I think I just answered my own question. The screws holding in the radiator brackets on the front of the case are a bit too long so they stop the radiator from sitting flush in the case. Replacing them with shorter screws allows you to take advantage of the full 65mm gap between the front of the case and the motherboard tray.

Hilo

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2021
And It looks like that only is an issue if you are using 240mm radiators requiring the bracket. So when using a 280mm radiator without the bracket you have access to the entire 65mm gap?

sainrub

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 10, 2021
I have a SF600 gold and would like ask you guys what length should I go with for a EPS modular cable. Would 600mm be enough? Thank you very much!

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Seems like HC will probably be reviewing the White Meshlicious - there's a short clip with brief impressions on their Youtube Story & Community Pages:

Last edited:

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
Anyone have news regarding the Iceman Pump/Res combo for the Meshlicious case? I can't seem to find any information on their website and no one is talking about it.

WESTERN

Case Bender
New User
Feb 21, 2021
Question about the front I/O, specifically the USB-A port - is this connected to the mobo with a male to male 20/19 pin cable, or is the end connected to the USB-A port hardwired?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Question about the front I/O, specifically the USB-A port - is this connected to the mobo with a male to male 20/19 pin cable, or is the end connected to the USB-A port hardwired?
You will connect a female end to your motherboard.
Check this video, starting at 5:50

Reactions: WESTERN

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks! Would you happen to know what the connection on the other end of the cable is? Male, female, or something custom?
I do not know for certainty. But, judging from the pics, it is almost certain that the entire assembly is a one-piece construction without anything detachable/replaceable. That is, the other end of that cable cannot be unplugged and replaced easily as it is 'hardwired'. From a manufacturing cost and assembly point of view, this is usually so. If anything goes wrong, that entire assembly is to be replaced, I suppose.

Reactions: WESTERN