Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
Dude complains about messy cabling, yet ignores all the tie-downs along the forward edge of the spine...
Hah yeah, then says he's going to disassemble anyways so no point spending HOURS to cable manage.

Also kept calling the 90° adapter a 45° adapter lol.

Still an overall positive review though nonetheless.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Dude complains about messy cabling, yet ignores all the tie-downs along the forward edge of the spine...
My biggest complaint is he used the TG panel on the GPU side, although I have to say temps were still very good. Here is another review, seems this case was sent to several reviewers.

Reactions: tinyitx

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Looks really nice in white!

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
GearSeekers does solid reviews.
Even then though there was some misinformation in there - not really his fault, just the nature of the case and how modular things are.

Namely he stated certain cards that we know would fit, won't fit; that the PSU will be close to the side but didn't mention it could be flipped, etc etc.

Not his fault, just the nature of the beast - same thing happened with OT to a degree.

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
Even then though there was some misinformation in there - not really his fault, just the nature of the case and how modular things are.

Namely he stated certain cards that we know would fit, won't fit; that the PSU will be close to the side but didn't mention it could be flipped, etc etc.

Not his fault, just the nature of the beast - same thing happened with OT to a degree.
Agreed. Seems par for the course for all the reviews thus far.

Like his concern about GPU length, well did he look at the fact that you could adjust the GPU placement?

I like that he went into detail on the spline adjustment. And his thermal testing both positive and negative pressure with the mesh on CPu side and TG on GPu side. Though it would've been nice to see thermals for CPU TG, GPU mesh for comparisons sake.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
So I'm going to be installing 3 2.5" SSDs in this build (old mobo = no m.2 ssd) and I've been trying to find some better SATA power cables than what comes with the Cooler Master PSU I bought notably, I don't want the 15-pin power connectors to be stacked vertically along whole cable but to allow more flexibility to connect all 3 SSDs on one cable.

203Null

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2021
Will you release some sort of internal extension cables that reroute GPU's IO to the back PCI cutouts that are intended for the horizontal GPU? I own a valve index and I don't think I can use plug in the DP cable directly without a short extension cord.

Reactions: morj

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
So I took a peak at the manual again after noticing the GPU compatibility on the site had been updated and it confirmed that the Aorus Extreme GPU fits with 13mm to spare in thickness - unless I'm mistaken, this means the Meshlicious would natively support the biggest ampere GPUs. (Are there cards that are bigger than the Aorus Extreme & MSI SUPRIM?)

Not only this, but as proven in the Gear Seekers review, NZXT AIOs like the X63 and Z63 both fit in 4-slot mode with 1mm to spare from pump block to mesh.

... In other words:

nullity123

Case Bender
New User
Feb 17, 2021
Will you release some sort of internal extension cables that reroute GPU's IO to the back PCI cutouts that are intended for the horizontal GPU? I own a valve index and I don't think I can use plug in the DP cable directly without a short extension cord.
I too wondered if there could be some kind of pigtail in to a backplate like we see with power cables. I suspect this just doesn't exist in a design that's already mass manufactured making it more costly... that and the DP spec is kind of lame and really sensitive to cable types.

203Null

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2021
I too wondered if there could be some kind of pigtail in to a backplate like we see with power cables. I suspect this just doesn't exist in a design that's already mass manufactured making it more costly... that and the DP spec is kind of lame and really sensitive to cable types.
I can definitely see this adds significant cost to the case. I'm fine with them not including it but it's great to have a way better option if I want to opt-in for that. I was planning to DIY one but I can barely find any DP 1.4 extension cords, only 1.2 cords. If ssupd can custom produce some of those specialized 1.4 cables that will great.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I can definitely see this adds significant cost to the case. I'm fine with them not including it but it's great to have a way better option if I want to opt-in for that. I was planning to DIY one but I can barely find any DP 1.4 extension cords, only 1.2 cords. If ssupd can custom produce some of those specialized 1.4 cables that will great.
DP 1.4 is a bitch. I can't find any good KVM switches either.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
This one is DP 1.4.

Reactions: 203Null and rfarmer