Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Suprim is like 3.5 slot right? guess that will need 4 no?
If we're counting each slot as 20mm then it's a 3.05 Slot card. It fits length-wise and we didn't expect that, so I figured I'd check.

The Aorus is probably one that'd need to be in 4-Slot mode, though, now that I've checked those specs again.

Reactions: DrHudacris

lolcat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Anyone planning on building in 4 slot mode right out of the gate just to leave more space for GPU airflow and future compatibility without having to shift it later?

Wondering what the downside might be to just doing that at the start.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Anyone planning on building in 4 slot mode right out of the gate just to leave more space for GPU airflow and future compatibility without having to shift it later?

less space on the CPU side depending on your cooler. other than that, unsure. I'll probably do it too because the BeQuiet AIO has quite a short CPU block

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Last edited:

lolcat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Main issue is the CPU cooler clearance, even certain AIO pumps may not fit in 4-Slot mode. (Originally I thought the Z63 wouldn't fit but it seems like it'd have 1mm of clearance.)
Yeah for sure. I'm planning on using an EK 240 AIO which they've confirmed works in 4 slot mode according to the FAQ

The pump head on those NZXT AIOs is too tall for 4-Slot GPU mode where there is less space available on the Motherboard + CPU side.
However, EKWB, Corsair, Lian Li 240, and 280 AIOs have been tested to work.

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021

Planning to leave in 3-slot. I'm putting the mesh on the GPU side anyways. I want more room between my PSU and the TG panel.

Planning to run Positive pressure (air IN thru the front) simply based on OptimumTechs results vs running Negative pressure. We will see how it does. Though a CPU running at 70...is still darn good if it gives a better balance between the CPU and GPU.

The question I have is, fan orientation...this is my first AIO build. Put fans out front so they are pushing air on the rad? Or put on the rear of the AIO to pull air? Seems temps are negligible difference, more about dust build up/cleaning. Leaning towards putting fans on the back in a pull configuration.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Lian Li has improved its ME distribution lately, so maybe there's hope?
I remember when helping my brother who lives in Dubai to get PC parts that Lian Li was decently available. I also used to see them in Lebanon when I lived there. Not sure about other parts of the ME but gulf countries are similar to Dubai I imagine

lolcat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Planning to leave in 3-slot. I'm putting the mesh on the GPU side anyways. I want more room between my PSU and the TG panel.

Planning to run Positive pressure (air IN thru the front) simply based on OptimumTechs results vs running Negative pressure. We will see how it does. Though a CPU running at 70...is still darn good if it gives a better balance between the CPU and GPU.

The question I have is, fan orientation...this is my first AIO build. Put fans out front so they are pushing air on the rad? Or put on the rear of the AIO to pull air? Seems temps are negligible difference, more about dust build up/cleaning. Leaning towards putting fans on the back in a pull configuration.
I think fans pulling in on the inside for 2 reasons:
1. More room for tube routing and bending which is often tougher with radiator on the inside (PCWorld video confirms this too)
2. Better thermals in testing from previous cases such as the Ncase M1. I assume the same holds true here but at worst maybe it just doesn't matter.

Reactions: Rich_Holm

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Yeah for sure. I'm planning on using an EK 240 AIO which they've confirmed works in 4 slot mode according to the FAQ:

The pump head on those NZXT AIOs is too tall for 4-Slot GPU mode where there is less space available on the Motherboard + CPU side.
However, EKWB, Corsair, Lian Li 240, and 280 AIOs have been tested to work.

Thing is - the Z63 is the tallest NZXT AIO pump and it fits in 4 slot mode with 1mm to spare. (52mm tall vs 53mm clearance in 4S mode)

So at least based on listed specs, that isn't true.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
I know this is hard to believe, but they are not making this case for the people on this thread. Any poll/opinions here are not going to sway the decisions on this product (which btw are probably already locked in, hopefully, if we want to see this case anytime soon).

This is a mainstream, affordable case to sell at major retailers. Lian Li obviously knows how to sell cases, and what sells best. This thread is not going to convince Lian Li what options to include in the box.

Just buy the options you want and be happy it's still $100usd cheaper than the botique SFFPC cases we have today.

basically this thread is for building hype and sharing builds / experience later on. the product is very much 'fixed'

I get what you're saying, but I think that stance is overly optimistic while also painting some of the discussion here in a far too generous light. Waha has already stated that distributors refuse to touch a TG-less case, so that point is settled - distributors listen to trends and sales data, and are extremely unlikely to be receptive to any argument that is contrary to their views on those. Of course people can try to come up with compelling arguments to change this, but so far all we've seen is variations of "mesh good, TG bad, we want mesh!" Which isn't wrong by any means, just useless in this context. Then there's the people taking this way too far, making demands and ranting about having been duped and so on - I definitely don't see how that brings anything to the table either. This horse is long dead, it's time to stop beating it. The retail SKUs are fixed. There might be time to change the included TG from clear to tinted (if it wasn't always tinted), as that's a relatively simple swap that doesn't necessitate changes in packaging or anything, though that still supposes they haven't already ordered and received thousands of clear TG panels for including in the packages. It might not be that far along given that the prototypes are still being worked on, so there's still some hope there.
[...]

The Full Mesh Version was added last minute, will update more in 12 hours.

I guess the product was not "fixed" and opinions made sense after all?

You see why it's important to let people express their opinions without trying to temper their expectations while not being part of the project?

Anyways.

I will wait for more reviews and maybe, eventually and hopefully switch from my new NR200 to this case.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
If we're counting each slot as 20mm then it's a 3.05 Slot card. It fits length-wise and we didn't expect that, so I figured I'd check.

The Aorus is probably one that'd need to be in 4-Slot mode, though, now that I've checked those specs again.
Backplate is also accounted for in the 61mm, so the card from the PCB to the Fan-shroud is actually shorter, more like 58mm. So 3-slot mode is fine, as slots only get counted from the PCB, not the backplate.

Reactions: riba2233

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Where can I download the manual please? I can't find it on the website.
AT the very bottom of this page,