Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

John Warosa

Cable Smoosher
Dec 29, 2020

Not news, just a confirmation.

Considering that it takes up to 3 weeks for OCUK to dispatch orders nowadays, UK peeps will be receiving their cases in May.
Welp, I guess I'll be ordering from the US.
Where exactly in the UK? Did they specify it? Also, what about Caseking? Will it be available there too?

revival

Cable Smoosher
Feb 11, 2016
Made an account to join in here: I was thinking the same thing except I realized an SF750 would need to be mounted with the fan/intake side outwards, to the left (as per OT's video). Seems like that tempered glass panel would starve that intake, but would love to hear any other take on that. Also not sure what the clearance would be between the PSU and the panel.
The issue is with the cable not being long enough just get a longer cable

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Made an account to join in here: I was thinking the same thing except I realized an SF750 would need to be mounted with the fan/intake side outwards, to the left (as per OT's video). Seems like that tempered glass panel would starve that intake, but would love to hear any other take on that. Also not sure what the clearance would be between the PSU and the panel.
Given that the same space fits SFX and ATX PSUs, theoretically there's 86mm (ATX PSU thickness) - 63.5mm (SFX PSU thickness) = 22.5mm clearance between the SFX fan opening and the glass, depending on whether the SFX mount is aligned with the spine or spaced out from it. Though looking at the SFX mounting plate it seems the mount is adjustable with several sets of screw holes - in the OT video it looks to be mounted near flush with the side panel, though I don't think you need to put it that far out, but it doesn't look like SFX PSUs mount quite as close to the spine as ATX PSUs do.

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
Given that the same space fits SFX and ATX PSUs, theoretically there's 86mm (ATX PSU thickness) - 63.5mm (SFX PSU thickness) = 22.5mm clearance between the SFX fan opening and the glass, depending on whether the SFX mount is aligned with the spine or spaced out from it. Though looking at the SFX mounting plate it seems the mount is adjustable with several sets of screw holes - in the OT video it looks to be mounted near flush with the side panel, though I don't think you need to put it that far out, but it doesn't look like SFX PSUs mount quite as close to the spine as ATX PSUs do.
Manual page 26 confirms that, airflow should be fine.

lolcat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Manual page 26 confirms that, airflow should be fine.
Ah yeah, that is a useful diagram. So mounting it in position 2 would leave a gap that should probably be enough, as it seems the PSUs dont heat up too much nowadays anyways. At least with my current SF600, the fan is rarely running even under some load.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Guys, since I got a confirmation from the SSUPD support that they won't offer shipping outside US on their website at launch, I'm looking for someone in the US who would like to get the case from Newegg and ship it to Poland :D most of the websites that offer those kind of services have rather unreasonable prices to where I live so maybe someone would like to help a poor soul :D

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Ah yeah, that is a useful diagram. So mounting it in position 2 would leave a gap that should probably be enough, as it seems the PSUs dont heat up too much nowadays anyways. At least with my current SF600, the fan is rarely running even under some load.
Position 1 is where the PSU fan (say,SF750) is facing out (to the side panel).
Judging from the diagram, the SFX PSU can be moved inward and gains about 10mm space between its fan and the side panel. Maybe this is enough? Personally, I would still prefer a mesh side panel though.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Guys, since I got a confirmation from the SSUPD support that they won't offer shipping outside US on their website at launch, I'm looking for someone in the US who would like to get the case from Newegg and ship it to Poland :D most of the websites that offer those kind of services have rather unreasonable prices to where I live so maybe someone would like to help a poor soul :D
$67 is the quote I got from MyUS, shipping to the UK by DHL. A quote directly from DHL Express is $300+. I think companies like MyUS get heavily discounted shipping rates.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
$67 is the quote I got from MyUS, shipping to the UK by DHL. A quote directly from DHL Express is $300+. I think companies like MyUS get heavily discounted shipping rates.

Well, 67$ is still quite a lot for a case worth 119$, what weight have you put in, ~5kg? I think I can get it for like 49$ to Poland but it's not with DHL but post office by plane, not bad but it's definitely doable cheaper.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Well, 67$ is still quite a lot for a case worth 119$, what weight have you put in, ~5kg? I think I can get it for like 49$ to Poland but it's not with DHL but post office by plane, not bad but it's definitely doable cheaper.
I put 4.5kg. I wouldn't cheap out on shipping as the tempered glass panel might get shattered in transportation.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
I put 4.5kg. I wouldn't cheap out on shipping as the tempered glass panel might get shattered in transportation.

Okay weirdly 4.5 kg = 57$ and 5kg = 68$ (DHL Express to Poland), quite a big difference, 57$ sounds a lot better. However, the case weights 3,7kg by itself, hard to say how much packing they put into the box, but 4.5 kg sounds quite reasonable.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-02-01: you could, but not sure you should.​

TLDR, not officially supported, but I told some of you (@Boil) that I would share some photos.

My main gripes with this build are the difficulty in cramming parts in, and extra cost required (a longer PCIe 4.0 Riser than the one to be include for upgrade kit, due to mDTX being bigger than mITX). Meshlicious is targeted for the mainstream, I cringe a little when I think about beginners trying to do this, but if you want to, you can, just harder.

1. Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact (Mini-DTX) will fit (3-Slot GPU Mode) and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 will both fit. I have done so using SFX Power Supply on LinkUP PICe 4.0 Riser.​

2. Use of low profile straight / regular cables just fine for multiple monitor setups.​

Last edited:

Feonnor

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2021
Which link-up riser was this? (What lenght etc.)
And was it still possible to mount the sfx psu in different positions?
3rd question: Is this a 3080 Strix??

edit: this should have come first: Thank you for the pictures!!!!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Which link-up riser was this? (What lenght etc.)
And was it still possible to mount the sfx psu in different positions?
3rd question: Is this a 3080 Strix??

edit: this should have come first: Thank you for the pictures!!!!

I used the *straight 20cm PCIe 4.0 Riser from LINKUP (URL). However, I think LINKUP ITX specific cables with *reverse connectors 18cm will work (URL)

would the 3M 30cm riser that I looted from the Dan-A4 be long enough?

Test and long enough, if anything, too long, I would go for the default 25cm cable instead of the 30cm cable included with A4.

Reactions: thelaughingman

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
I’ve been using MyUS for years. They’re great. In Covid times I would refrain from using USPS, unless you’re willing to wait. I had to wait 4 months for a couple of Pslate cables sent via regular post, which in the end were transported by ship.

Lutfij

Chassis Packer
Modworkx Customs
Mar 4, 2016
www.modworkx.com
@Wahaha360 With all this talk and investigative videos on NZXT's fire issue due to the riser cable, should I/we be worried that something similar might come to be? I mean I'm literally waiting for the case to go online for purchase but I'm scared about a possible fire or ruining of hardware. I live in a country that already has too many loopholes in building certifications and me being an architect trying to solve said issues isn't healthy on my scalp :p

Feonnor

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2021
I used the *straight 20cm PCIe 4.0 Riser from LINKUP (URL). However, I think LINKUP ITX specific cables with *reverse connectors 18cm will work (URL)
Ok, dumb question: If the 18 cm cable will probalbly work for the C8I --> Do we even need a separate cable? The included ones (pcie 3 or 4) are 18 cm or am I missing something?