Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
What about MSI Trio series of cards? They are at 323mm length.
Theoretically 3mm too long, but it could still fit because of the part too long only being the small plastic corner on the right. If you go to page 1 of this thread in the 7th picture, it says max. lenght is 325mm, so should fit then. Calculating the max. lenght of a part in a chassis is always +- some variation, i personally would wait until real media coverage exists who try it out themselves knowing how the case works, Optimum Tech did not have the Gpu mounting thing in its lowest position, thus the Gaming X Trio didnt fit in his Video.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Dark version of the case with the PCI-E 4.0 Riser has been added on the website for 70$ premium.
Hey wait a second - that's the same price as buying the 4.0 Riser separately, on top of the base case w/ 3.0 Riser.

Why buy it that way when buying it as an add on gets you both a 3.0 and 4.0 cable for the same price?

IMO, the $25, or at least something near that, should be taken off of the 4.0 version's price since you're no longer getting the usual 3.0 cable.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Hey wait a second - that's the same price as buying the 4.0 Riser separately, on top of the base case w/ 3.0 Riser.

Why buy it that way when buying it as an add on gets you both a 3.0 and 4.0 cable for the same price?

IMO, the $25, or at least something near that, should be taken off of the 4.0 version's price since you're no longer getting the usual 3.0 cable.

Yeah, that seems rather dumb :D

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Dark version of the case with the PCI-E 4.0 Riser has been added on the website for 70$ premium.
I’m assuming since it’s only 140mm it’s for longer GPU and not the short cards mounted at the top ? Since the 3.0 riser is 185mm ??

I guess they went with a custom Length for the 4.0 riser as I don’t see that length on linkups website ?

Reactions: robbee

wafer

Efficiency Noob
Jan 26, 2021
I'm relatively new to small form factor building, and have always been squeamish about liquid cooling. Would it be a deathwish to buy a second mesh panel for this thing to put on the motherboard side and cool the cpu with a noctua NH-L12s to air cool it instead? Do you think that would yield good temps?
I usually wouldn't ask such a simple question on a forum but the only footage of it I've seen is optimum where he has a kraken on it

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I'm relatively new to small form factor building, and have always been squeamish about liquid cooling. Would it be a deathwish to buy a second mesh panel for this thing to put on the motherboard side and cool the cpu with a noctua NH-L12s to air cool it instead? Do you think that would yield good temps?
I usually wouldn't ask such a simple question on a forum but the only footage of it I've seen is optimum where he has a kraken on it
CPU cooler clearance is not great in this case for air-cooling. Depending on the CPU, it's likely to run loud and hot.

A cheap AIO would cost only £10-40 more than NH-L12s + 2x 140mm intake fans but greatly outperform any low-profile air-cooler. The highest-performing AIO, LFII would cost about the same though we don't know yet if it actually fits (it's a few mm too thick according to specs).

Reactions: wafer

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Depends on the CPU you're planning to use, but the ND-L12S is a decently capable cooler. Should be fine for most current CPU's at stock settings.

Reactions: riba2233

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
CPU cooler clearance is not great in this case for air-cooling. Depending on the CPU, it's likely to run loud and hot.

A cheap AIO would cost only £10-40 more than NH-L12s + 2x 140mm intake fans but greatly outperform any low-profile air-cooler. The highest-performing AIO, LFII would cost about the same though we don't know yet if it actually fits (it's a few mm too thick according to specs).
100% Agree with this - this case is designed for a 240/280mm AIO, not air-cooling.

Reactions: DrHudacris