Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
So, do you guys see any issue with using the glass panel on the mobo said and a mesh on the GPU side with a Kraken on the front for an AIO? Thats my current plan.

Also...did they low-key announce the pre-order and estimated ship date?

You'll have to point the PSU fan internally. That's the only thing that I can think of.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
So, do you guys see any issue with using the glass panel on the mobo said and a mesh on the GPU side with a Kraken on the front for an AIO? Thats my current plan.

Also...did they low-key announce the pre-order and estimated ship date?

No issues with that, why would there be any? :D That's probably what I'm going to go for right now, since I currently have the PC on the right side of the monitor.

Yeah, you gotta track their instagram, seems like they share a lot more stuff there.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
You'll have to point the PSU fan internally. That's the only thing that I can think of.

Correct, shouldn't be a problem and looks better too. Supposedly SF series default cables are too short, that's what Ali said in the video but the difference between both PSU orientations for cable routing is really small so it might depend on the 24Pin position on your mobo.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
I don't get why so many people are complaining about the glass side panel being standard. This case is primarily set up for water-cooling on the CPU, so just put the glass panel on the CPU side, I'm sure the airflow from the back(or front depending on your setup) is plenty to keep your vrm, chipset and ssd cool.

And that way it should focus a bit more of your fan's effort on the GPU side mesh panel, potentially improving airflow there compared to having mesh on both sides.

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
I guess one concern is it leaves very little airflow for CPU VRM. obviously 90% the air flow is gonna go to the side with the mesh panel.
With glass on the GPU side (how the expect most people to build... the whole reason glass panel is stock, people want to show off their GPU), well GPU VRM is cooled by the cooler. Yes glass on an aircooled GPU will be awful, but for a full loop, if you have to have 1 glass panel, I think GPU side would be preferred in terms of getting some airflow over any parts that rely on it.

grimshak

Case Bender
New User
Dec 16, 2020
Correct, shouldn't be a problem and looks better too. Supposedly SF series default cables are too short, that's what Ali said in the video but the difference between both PSU orientations for cable routing is really small so it might depend on the 24Pin position on your mobo.
Yeah...thats my concern once somebody made me realize I'll have to swap the PSU. I'm installing the SF600...if I swap it around the cables might not reach. Might have to get that extra mesh panel after all.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
I guess one concern is it leaves very little airflow for CPU VRM. obviously 90% the air flow is gonna go to the side with the mesh panel.
With glass on the GPU side (how the expect most people to build... the whole reason glass panel is stock, people want to show off their GPU), well GPU VRM is cooled by the cooler. Yes glass on an aircooled GPU will be awful, but for a full loop, if you have to have 1 glass panel, I think GPU side would be preferred in terms of getting some airflow over any parts that rely on it.

Bro unless your motherboard is a pretty low tier with small heatsinks and poor VRM, it usually doesn't really need the active VRM cooling. Sure, it helps but VRM stays in spec without it.

Last edited:

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
I don't get why so many people are complaining about the glass side panel being standard. This case is primarily set up for water-cooling on the CPU, so just put the glass panel on the CPU side, I'm sure the airflow from the back(or front depending on your setup) is plenty to keep your vrm, chipset and ssd cool.

And that way it should focus a bit more of your fan's effort on the GPU side mesh panel, potentially improving airflow there compared to having mesh on both sides.
I worried about the PSU fan. The picture that is on the Webside shows that if u go in 4 slot GPU mode that a sfx PSU will be just right to the glass side pannel. I guess the optimal convig would be that the front fans pull air througt the Case and push out at the front.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I worried about the PSU fan. The picture that is on the Webside shows that if u go in 4 slot GPU mode that a sfx PSU will be just right to the glass side pannel. I guess the optimal convig would be that the front fans pull air througt the Case and push out at the front.
The ideal PSU orientation with the glass side panel on the CPU side is with the fan facing inwards, drawing in air from the GPU side of the case.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The ideal PSU orientation with the glass side panel on the CPU side is with the fan facing inwards, drawing in air from the GPU side of the case.
The PSU fan is likely to intake more than from (edited) the warmed air (passed through the front rad-fan) and exhaust from an cooled display card (exhausting along the top and bottom edges). This, of course, is not preferred. Even though I do not think this will trigger the thermal protection of the PSU, I think its fan will spin faster (and more noisy or less quiet).
Example layout:-

Last edited:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
The PSU fan is likely to intake more than from the warmed air (passed through the front rad-fan) and exhaust from an cooled display card (exhausting along the top and bottom edges). This, of course, is not preferred. Even though I do not think this will trigger the thermal protection of the PSU, I think its fan will spin faster (and more noisy or less quiet).

No idea what you mean.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
The PSU fan is likely to intake more than from the warmed air (passed through the front rad-fan) and exhaust from an cooled display card (exhausting along the top and bottom edges). This, of course, is not preferred. Even though I do not think this will trigger the thermal protection of the PSU, I think its fan will spin faster (and more noisy or less quiet).
Just to clarify, you mean that if the PSU fan was oriented inwards it would take in air that had been heated by the GPU? That much is rather obvious. Still, this is very likely to be better than to have it take in almost no air at all due to a glass panel being positioned close to the intake. Mesh on both sides is clearly preferable, but given the stock configuration of the case, I see little reason to doubt that PSU fan inwards is the best default orientation.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just to clarify, you mean that if the PSU fan was oriented inwards it would take in air that had been heated by the GPU? That much is rather obvious. Still, this is very likely to be better than to have it take in almost no air at all due to a glass panel being positioned close to the intake. Mesh on both sides is clearly preferable, but given the stock configuration of the case, I see little reason to doubt that PSU fan inwards is the best default orientation.
Agreed.
I am just saying, with this 'best default orientation', the PSU fan will intake air from both GPU exhaust (orange arrows) and warmed air through the front 280 rad (red arrows).

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Agreed.
I am just saying, with this 'best default orientation', the PSU fan will intake air from both GPU exhaust (orange arrows) and warmed air through the front 280 rad (red arrows).

Well with the other orientation, it will just exhaust the same air (there is no fresh air coming into the case from the glass side anyway?) and also even warmer because it is stuck between the psu and the glass :D

Which is why in Sandwich cases like this you should ideally set your radiator fans as exhaust, not intake.

has there been any date given for pre-order and/or shipping?

February 9th preoder on Newegg for NA, available February/March, other regions not specified

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Well with the other orientation, it will just exhaust the same air (there is no fresh air coming into the case from the glass side anyway?) and also even warmer because it is stuck between the psu and the glass :D
I am not saying ''with a left side TG panel, PSU fan facing outward is better than facing inward''. (In fact, facing inward is better, I think).
I am saying ''with a left side TG panel, PSU fan facing inward is not as good as PSU fan facing outward with a mesh panel''. The reason is that there is no fresh air be taken in by the fan. The fan has to intake/recirculate warmed air from other components.

What a mess of communication (or, miscommunication)...lol

Last edited:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
I am not saying ''with a left side TG panel, PSU fan facing outward is better than facing inward''. (In fact, facing inward is better, I think).
I am saying ''with a left side TG panel, PSU fan facing inward is not as good as PSU fan facing outward with a mesh panel''. The reason is that there is no fresh air be taken in by the fan. The fan has to intake/recirculate warmed air from other components.

What a mess of communication (or, miscommunication)...lol

Of course, that's obvious, but some people (myself included) like a glass panel in their case and the mobo side is the natural place to put it since we're going to be using an AIO to cool the CPU anyway.

Reactions: Stargazer

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
Of course, that's obvious, but some people (myself included) like a glass panel in their case and the mobo side is the natural place to put it since we're going to be using an AIO to cool the CPU anyway.
I also thought of switching the fan orientation of the PSU so it would pull from the Back and push into the case. But this depends heavly on the PSU and persons skills

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
My issue with a negative pressure setup for this case is the fact that the case would be exhausting 300+W of heat pretty much directly at me while gaming. That definitely doesn't sound very comfortable.

Of course an exhaust radiator would also raise CPU temperatures due to taking in hot air from the GPU, but it would obviously improve GPU temperatures.

I'm thinking I'll go for rad intake + air cooled GPU, then if I feel like it down the line I might splurge on a GPU water block and maybe squeeze another radiator in between the GPU and the side mesh :p