Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
You guys miss the point that here people can actually talk to SFF case producers and they might or might not take notes. But the whole purpose here was always feedback.

So just let people give feedback if they feel like it and be the producer who decides what's valuable and makes sense. No need to tell other other forum members their opinions are not valuable so they shouldn't be raised, specially by people who are not involved in the project.

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
You guys miss the point that here people can actually talk to SFF case producers and they might or might not take notes. But the whole purpose here was always feedback.

So just let people give feedback if they feel like it and be the producer who decides what's valuable and makes sense. No need to tell other other forum members their opinions are not valuable so they shouldn't be raised, specially by people who are not involved in the project.

I feel the point is that this case is on a different scale and involving large partners, so design is not solely in Waha's hands, which has alluded to with the Glass side panel change.

I'm also not sure that people are saying that opinions are not fundamentally valuable here, more so that the feedback is unlikely to be considered as closely as the smaller boutique projects.

In my eyes they're trying to temper peoples expectations/surpress possible discontent from people who can't get the options they would ideally want... some more subtly than others i'm afraid!

Last edited:

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
I'm also not sure that people are saying that opinions are not fundamentally valuable here, more so that the feedback is unlikely to be considered as closely as the smaller boutique projects.

In my eyes they're trying to temper peoples expectations/surpress possible discontent from people who can't get the options they would ideally want... some more subtly than others i'm afraid!

All I am saying is let people actually involved in the project decide if the feedback is going to be considered or not. There's really no need to go around tempering people's expectations when the ones who are doing it don't have access to the facts and what could be taken into account and what not.

Who knows which clever angle someone might find to a specific problem that Wahaha might consider bring it to the distributors to improve something? and instead you have people asuming the role of representatives telling this or that. That just brings nothing to the table.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
All I am saying is let people actually involved in the project decide if the feedback is going to be considered or not. There's really no need to go around tempering people's expectations when the ones who are doing it don't have access to the facts and what could be taken into account and what not.

Who knows which clever angle someone might find to a specific problem that Wahaha might consider bring it to the distributors to improve something? and instead you have people asuming the role of representatives telling this or that. That just brings nothing to the table.
I get what you're saying, but I think that stance is overly optimistic while also painting some of the discussion here in a far too generous light. Waha has already stated that distributors refuse to touch a TG-less case, so that point is settled - distributors listen to trends and sales data, and are extremely unlikely to be receptive to any argument that is contrary to their views on those. Of course people can try to come up with compelling arguments to change this, but so far all we've seen is variations of "mesh good, TG bad, we want mesh!" Which isn't wrong by any means, just useless in this context. Then there's the people taking this way too far, making demands and ranting about having been duped and so on - I definitely don't see how that brings anything to the table either. This horse is long dead, it's time to stop beating it. The retail SKUs are fixed. There might be time to change the included TG from clear to tinted (if it wasn't always tinted), as that's a relatively simple swap that doesn't necessitate changes in packaging or anything, though that still supposes they haven't already ordered and received thousands of clear TG panels for including in the packages. It might not be that far along given that the prototypes are still being worked on, so there's still some hope there.

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
I get what you're saying, but I think that stance is overly optimistic while also painting some of the discussion here in a far too generous light. Waha has already stated that distributors refuse to touch a TG-less case, so that point is settled - distributors listen to trends and sales data, and are extremely unlikely to be receptive to any argument that is contrary to their views on those. Of course people can try to come up with compelling arguments to change this, but so far all we've seen is variations of "mesh good, TG bad, we want mesh!" Which isn't wrong by any means, just useless in this context. Then there's the people taking this way too far, making demands and ranting about having been duped and so on - I definitely don't see how that brings anything to the table either. This horse is long dead, it's time to stop beating it. The retail SKUs are fixed. There might be time to change the included TG from clear to tinted (if it wasn't always tinted), as that's a relatively simple swap that doesn't necessitate changes in packaging or anything, though that still supposes they haven't already ordered and received thousands of clear TG panels for including in the packages. It might not be that far along given that the prototypes are still being worked on, so there's still some hope there.
Exactly, and this was my question, not to other members who assume something but to a person who can give me a clear yes, doable or no, not doable. I saw many members in this forum wanting a tinted TG-Panel, and so do I because of obvious reasons. Someone even wrote he thinks that the TG is tinted as standard, but from what I can tell in the moment its not. So my question was if it is possible to include one Mesh-Panel and one tinted TG-panel in the standard configuration of the case. And because some creators didnt even get their prototype, that shouldnt be a problem. So is this something that could be changed and will it be changed or not? Again, many want this, absolutely no one wrote he would prefer the Standard TG-Panel, and there are many potential customers here, so I would take care of that.

Reactions: Valantar

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
Well I think there are tow good options for this case, the first one is all mesh, wich i would prefer. The reason therefore is than you have fresh air acces for the PSU and GPU without swapping the fan orientation of the PSU. I don't have mush experiance with sffpcs but just from the thougt the optimal Airflow would be to have the fans in the front to pull air out of the case to assist the fans on the GPU and PSU. With that I think the CPU would not get hotter cause of the performance reserves of a radiator thats that big. I also like the more sleek and industrial design of all mesh.

The other option in my mind would be the tinted glass version als standard version and leave the untined glass version. It's just a massive price tag to have this case with tinted glass. I guess than the price of hopfully the verson with glass would increase, but I prefere a tinted pannel to hide the cable mess. For me a untinted glass pannel seems just a short cut if there is a better looking tinted pannel. In addition you have to chose between a noisier and hotter GPU or a potencially noiser PSU. I would like to go with an ATX PSU just of the avalability and price difference to the SFXs ones. Im afraid that from the picture the ATX PSU would be with a 3mm air gap against the glass.

I get the point that there has to be a glass pannel for the mass appeal and to increase the chance of getting it to the retailors. I don't know the statistics on this, but I as a costumer would care of the the look of the case I would choose the tinted over the regular. If no all Mesh side panel option was available.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Exactly, and this was my question, not to other members who assume something but to a person who can give me a clear yes, doable or no, not doable. I saw many members in this forum wanting a tinted TG-Panel, and so do I because of obvious reasons. Someone even wrote he thinks that the TG is tinted as standard, but from what I can tell in the moment its not. So my question was if it is possible to include one Mesh-Panel and one tinted TG-panel in the standard configuration of the case. And because some creators didnt even get their prototype, that shouldnt be a problem. So is this something that could be changed and will it be changed or not? Again, many want this, absolutely no one wrote he would prefer the Standard TG-Panel, and there are many potential customers here, so I would take care of that.
I agree entirely on that - at the very least some clarification would be nice. I've (finally, after a lot of thought, including whether I wanted to continue water cooling my GPU or not) pretty much decided on getting this case regardless, but I would still prefer the TG panel to be tinted. It won't matter much - my PC sits on the left edge of my desk, so it won't be visible - but I would still prefer it. Ironically (or maybe I've caught on to Waha's diabolical plan? :p) a clear TG panel would make me much more likely to buy a second mesh panel. But yeah, clarification on TG tint (or lack thereof) would be nice. My money's on the stock panel being clear though.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I agree entirely on that - at the very least some clarification would be nice. I've (finally, after a lot of thought, including whether I wanted to continue water cooling my GPU or not) pretty much decided on getting this case regardless, but I would still prefer the TG panel to be tinted. It won't matter much - my PC sits on the left edge of my desk, so it won't be visible - but I would still prefer it. Ironically (or maybe I've caught on to Waha's diabolical plan? :p) a clear TG panel would make me much more likely to buy a second mesh panel. But yeah, clarification on TG tint (or lack thereof) would be nice. My money's on the stock panel being clear though.
I am 99% sure the stock TG panel is just the basic clear type.
The spec says ''Tempered Glass Panel'', which is what is called in the Coming Soon Accessories. If it were tinted, it would have said so in the spec.
Second reason is that a basic clear TG panel costs USD 30 (vs USD 40 for tinted version) and its lower cost makes it likely to be the stock one.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I am 99% sure the stock TG panel is just the basic clear type.
The spec says ''Tempered Glass Panel'', which is what is called in the Coming Soon Accessories. If it were tinted, it would have said so in the spec.
Second reason is that a basic clear TG panel costs USD 30 (vs USD 40 for tinted version) and its lower cost makes it likely to be the stock one.
Yep, that's what I thought as well. Even if the difference in BOM cost isn't likely to be very high (a couple of dollars would be my guess), the extra manufacturing step of adding film to the glass will inevitably lead to a higher QC reject rate, further increasing costs, all of which eats into the manufacturer's margins. Which aren't exactly likely to be high for a case like this. $120 including distributor and retailer margins likely means <$60 to the factory/designers (likely including shipping), which then has to cover materials, labor, production, amortizing tooling costs (which is likely to be 100% unique for this case), amortizing R&D costs, etc. at which point a couple of dollars would be a very significant sum.

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
Yep, that's what I thought as well. Even if the difference in BOM cost isn't likely to be very high (a couple of dollars would be my guess), the extra manufacturing step of adding film to the glass will inevitably lead to a higher QC reject rate, further increasing costs, all of which eats into the manufacturer's margins. Which aren't exactly likely to be high for a case like this. $120 including distributor and retailer margins likely means <$60 to the factory/designers (likely including shipping), which then has to cover materials, labor, production, amortizing tooling costs (which is likely to be 100% unique for this case), amortizing R&D costs, etc. at which point a couple of dollars would be a very significant sum.
Yeah, the tinted one is more expensive for the company, by maybe 2 dollars for the tint. It should not be more, overall this is a mainstream case and in Germany replacement TG tinted panels for e.g. Fractal Design define 7xl cost just 11 Euros so about 13,5 USD including profit for the seller, shipping to different warehouses/countries and this panel is much bigger than the one we are talking about here, so even higher shipping cost, and directly putting it on the case wouldnt lead to an increase in shipping cost, the factories involved would also be the same. ( https://www.alternate.de/Fractal-De...721?campaign=Sidepanel/Fractal+Design/1606721 ) I know that Fractal is on a different scale, but glass isnt that expensive to make as most think, so the increase in cost over a standard glass should be around 2 USD. Now I see that putting this on as standard decreases profits, but I think that most people would not mind an increase of up to 5 Dollars on the regular price if they would need to pay 40 USD to get it seperate, and again if this is the much prefered option among all of us for the Glass, this would be the way to go. So concerning the price, I personally would tolerate an increase of a few dollars, if it gets us the better option overal.

Stargazer

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
There was a Chinese review of the case someone posted before which has a tinted TG panel, that’s why I wrote the stock one is tinted.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
There was a Chinese review of the case someone posted before which has a tinted TG panel, that’s why I wrote the stock one is tinted.
Yeah, that 'review' is more like an advertorial to me...lol
Optimum Tech's review sample has two mesh side panels, leading him to believe that is standard configuration, I suppose.
It looks like reviewers are receiving different config. samples.

What I am thinking now is: since ssupd is a sister brand of Lian Li, this means there will be other cases coming out. Hopefully, more interesting ITX cases will appear soon this year. What is next, after Mesh-Licious?

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

What I am thinking now is: since ssupd is a sister brand of Lian Li, this means there will be other cases coming out. Hopefully, more interesting ITX cases will appear soon this year. What is next, after Mesh-Licious?
They said on IG they are working on an ATX case.

Reactions: DrHudacris

gosu

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
Tinted or not I'm still going to buy this case + an extra TG panel. What is an extra $30 when the PSU is $200 and the gpu is $1000?

You gotta pay to play the A E S T H E T I C S game

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris