Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

NUTPACK

Efficiency Noob
Dec 15, 2020
Yes, but you will need to use Right Angle DP or HDMI cables, because you are eating into the space left for cables coming out of the GPU.
I thought in ot’s vid he stated that the 3080 gaming trio didnt fit and that card is 323mm long?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I thought in ot’s vid he stated that the 3080 gaming trio didnt fit and that card is 323mm long?
Looking at the card he has in there (strix 2080 or whatever) at 305mm, it's right up to the top. In the ssupd website they feature and 3090 FE (313mm) with still some room above. So I bet Ali didn't use the lowest mounting holes for the most clearance for GPUs, as he also said "GPUs with max length 315mm" where the official specs list 320mm.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
If you have a GPU less than 313mm, you can move the struts that supports GPU upwards, giving you up to 46mm for regular cables to connect.

I will post photos later, all the prototypes are sent to media, I will get mine mid January and will take photos to address this concern.

Thanks, this was the information I needed to know. I will wait for pics so I can get a better idea.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
It's not up to us, because we have to work around other distributors.

I don't want to jeopardize availability in more countries, so the following can't be changed:
  • One TG and One Mesh will be standard
  • Preorder date, availability depends on distributors
This product's purpose is to be more available, I don't want to jeopardize the purpose of its existance.
- Will the TG Panel included be tinted or reg , was just curious ?

- So the launch of this case is feb, I know you have no control on exact dates and stuff but will it be through the website or through the distributors or both for NA ?

I was just curious because newegg.com doesn’t ship to Canada and that was the was on the NA distributors you mention, hopefully both Amazon and Newegg is achievable if it can’t be ordered via the website.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Yeah, some contradicting information tbh.
Looking at the card he has in there (strix 2080 or whatever) at 305mm, it's right up to the top. In the ssupd website they feature and 3090 FE (313mm) with still some room above. So I bet Ali didn't use the lowest mounting holes for the most clearance for GPUs, as he also said "GPUs with max length 315mm" where the official specs list 320mm.

There is enough clearance for the length of 320mm.

OT couldn't get the MSI Gaming Trio in because the pointy end. The spec shows the GPU to be 323mm, which is 3mm more.

I just have to test and see.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
There is enough clearance for the length of 320mm.

OT couldn't get the MSI Gaming Trio in because the pointy end. The spec shows the GPU to be 323mm, which is 3mm more.

I just have to test and see.

Yeah, that at 5:08 pretty much confirms he didn't have his GPU in the lowest possible position (see open holes below the struts)? Which means there is probably room for atleast 7mm longer cards (327mm) with the lowest position. That seems about right, doesn't it?

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
Yes same question, since 1 TG-Panel will be included by default I would highly appreciate it being tinted since this is the much prefered option. If not I think many would need to buy the tinted one separate, and this would be unnecesarry. Maybe we could vote on this topic to see which TG-variant the people here want and this would be included as default then if possible.

Reactions: Stargazer

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
Yes same question, since 1 TG-Panel will be included by default I would highly appreciate it being tinted since this is the much prefered option. If not I think many would need to buy the tinted one separate, and this would be unnecesarry. Maybe we could vote on this topic to see which TG-variant the people here want and this would be included as default then if possible.

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
I know this is hard to believe, but they are not making this case for the people on this thread. Any poll/opinions here are not going to sway the decisions on this product (which btw are probably already locked in, hopefully, if we want to see this case anytime soon).

This is a mainstream, affordable case to sell at major retailers. Lian Li obviously knows how to sell cases, and what sells best. This thread is not going to convince Lian Li what options to include in the box.

Just buy the options you want and be happy it's still $100usd cheaper than the botique SFFPC cases we have today.

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
I understand, still doesnt make any sense to not improve on the case if you could that easily by swapping the Panel to a tinted one, this is overalll a sff case with no dedicated space for Cable Management and you can see to what that leads in OTs Video, and because they wrote they will just get the prototypes mid-January I dont think anything got produced yet, and tinted or not isnt really such a big difference in manufacturing so as i see it they could change on the panel option without delay. But propably they want to make some extra profit by selling some glass.

Reactions: FrederickM

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I understand, still doesnt make any sense to not improve on the case if you could that easily by swapping the Panel to a tinted one, this is overalll a sff case with no dedicated space for Cable Management and you can see to what that leads in OTs Video, and because they wrote they will just get the prototypes mid-January I dont think anything got produced yet, and tinted or not isnt really such a big difference in manufacturing so as i see it they could change on the panel option without delay. But propably they want to make some extra profit by selling some glass.
You're right, they could change that. But it won't be because you or I or anyone else in this niche, enthusiast forum thread want it. #hardtoswallowpills

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
You're right, they could change that. But it won't be because you or I or anyone else in this niche, enthusiast forum thread want it. #hardtoswallowpills
Again, I understand. Now different question: Does anyone exactly know if a standard Rad+fans fits when using an ATX-Psu (160mm)? in the Video OT said it wont but as i can see it it should with only little clearance, assuming you dont use custom Cables.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Again, I understand. Now different question: Does anyone exactly know if a standard Rad+fans fits when using an ATX-Psu (160mm)? in the Video OT said it wont but as i can see it it should with only little clearance, assuming you dont use custom Cables.
With 160mm long PSU, 30mm thick radiator, and 25mm thick fans you'll have ~25mm for connectors and cables. Stock PSU cables might be too thick but with individually-sleeved or unsleeved custom cables it should work.

Last edited:

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
Why is the GPU on the right side of the case instead of left like traditionally ? I personally prefer the traditional location due to my PC being on the right side of my desk.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Why is the GPU on the right side of the case instead of left like traditionally ? I personally prefer the traditional location due to my PC being on the right side of my desk.
Obviously so that the riser is on the back wall, which is not possible with the GPU on the left side in vertical layout. If you don't want fans towards the inside of the case, that is ;)

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
I know this is hard to believe, but they are not making this case for the people on this thread. Any poll/opinions here are not going to sway the decisions on this product (which btw are probably already locked in, hopefully, if we want to see this case anytime soon).

This is a mainstream, affordable case to sell at major retailers. Lian Li obviously knows how to sell cases, and what sells best. This thread is not going to convince Lian Li what options to include in the box.

Just buy the options you want and be happy it's still $100usd cheaper than the botique SFFPC cases we have today.

I guess we should close the thread then?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019

There are a few mainstream ATX cases which have gone through an evolutionary process through feed back such as the Fractal Design Meshify 2, however this is usually from YT channels with lots of clout. For example Gamersnexus and the Cooler Master H500P.

I would agree that Lian Li havent got a history of changing their products due to feedback (that i'm aware of), although their products are normally so good that this isn't an issue.