Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

John Warosa

Cable Smoosher
Dec 29, 2020
So, Caseking replied to me:

Hello Mr XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your mail.
Unfortunately, we do not offer the case you have described.
We apologize for any inconvenience
Mit freundlichem Gruß; Best Regards

So, I guess they have no intentions to distribute it. Please find a way to make it come to Europe, it's a big continent (and also a rich one), I'm sure you'll make at least some money by selling it here.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
So, Caseking replied to me:

So, I guess they have no intentions to distribute it. Please find a way to make it come to Europe, it's a big continent (and also a rich one), I'm sure you'll make at least some money by selling it here.
Hasn't @Wahaha360 said specifically that Caseking will be carrying this? It's not exactly unheard of for customer service reps to not know of upcoming product launches, after all.

SamSepi01

Cable Smoosher
Dec 9, 2020
Reactions: MaZo

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Just to add to the war of words regarding all mesh versus mesh with a glass panel. According to the SSUPD web site the case "comes with mesh panels on all sides and a glass panel is included if you want to show off your hardware." That would satisfy both sides if true. Maybe Wahaha360 could clarify and get the web site corrected if it is in error.

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
Just to add to the war of words regarding all mesh versus mesh with a glass panel. According to the SSUPD web site the case "comes with mesh panels on all sides and a glass panel is included if you want to show off your hardware." That would satisfy both sides if true. Maybe Wahaha360 could clarify and get the web site corrected if it is in error.
Dead. Horse.

1. The person who made the case has said there will be 1 mesh 1 TG. You can look at all of his posts in this thread. I don't know how it could be confusing
2. The specifications confirm.
3. It makes 0 sense to include an extra panel in a budget case. You don't even get that in $200+ cases.

The thing you are quoting is just wrong. It's a website for an obscure computer case that isn't even out for 2 months, so it's not that wild.

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
3. It makes 0 sense to include an extra panel in a budget case. You don't even get that in $200+ cases.
Huh, I guess you haven't heard of the cooler master nr200 budget itx case that costs $80. More specifically the nr200p sku that includes two mesh side panels and a tg side panel for a total of three side panels for $100.

I do believe if one were to do some research, they would come to the conclusion that the meshlicious comes with one mesh and one tg panel. However there are some inconsistencies on the website, and the optimum tech video says that two mesh panels is the standard configuration and a tg panel would be purchased at a separate premium. Everybody is just really excited for this case and is eager for clarification from an official source is all.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Dead. Horse.

1. The person who made the case has said there will be 1 mesh 1 TG. You can look at all of his posts in this thread. I don't know how it could be confusing
2. The specifications confirm.

The thing you are quoting is just wrong. It's a website for an obscure computer case that isn't even out for 2 months, so it's not that wild.
Yes, I understand, however that is the official web site for the product. Are we really wrong to ask for the site to be updated and the specification clarified?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Huh, I guess you haven't heard of the cooler master nr200 budget itx case that costs $80. More specifically the nr200p sku that includes two mesh side panels and a tg side panel for a total of three side panels for $100.

I do believe if one were to do some research, they would come to the conclusion that the meshlicious comes with one mesh and one tg panel. However there are some inconsistencies on the website, and the optimum tech video says that two mesh panels is the standard configuration and a tg panel would be purchased at a separate premium. Everybody is just really excited for this case and is eager for clarification from an official source is all.
Not sure you can directly compare it as the meshify panels arent just drilled/punched out and the spine design assembly, so the production costs are higher.... but I get what you mean regarding clarification on the somewhat clumsey marketing. Certainly sounds like the suits intervened late in the show, which has lead to some contradictions in the material

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I like the look of this case to the point it's going to change my plans a bit. Does anyone know of a PCIE Gen 4 riser that would work with this case and could power a 75W 1650?

Here's the setup I'm thinking about using:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550-ITX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 (Own this)
CPU Cooler: Noctua L12 Louqe (Own this)
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 64GB (Own this)
GPU: Asus 1650 (Own this, will later upgrade to a 3000 series)
PSU: EVGA P2 750W 80+ Platinum
Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM (Own this)
Storage: A setup using an M.2 Oculink adapter on the back that connects to a Silverstone SDP 12 3.5

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I like the look of this case to the point it's going to change my plans a bit. Does anyone know of a PCIE Gen 4 riser that would work with this case and could power a 75W 1650?

Here's the setup I'm thinking about using:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550-ITX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 (Own this)
CPU Cooler: Noctua L12 Louqe (Own this)
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 64GB (Own this)
GPU: Asus 1650 (Own this, will later upgrade to a 3000 series)
PSU: EVGA P2 750W 80+ Platinum
Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM (Own this)
Storage: A setup using an M.2 Oculink adapter on the back that connects to a Silverstone SDP 12 3.5
There only 2 PCIe 4.0-compatible riser cables available as far as I am aware:
1. Linkup Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16, you'd probably need 18 or 20cm with dual-reverse connectors but don't quote me on this.
2. 3M 8KC3-0726-0250. It's not branded as PCIe 4.0-compatible but reportedly works in 4.0 mode. 25cm is the shortest one.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
@Wahaha360 What would be the max GPU lenght if someone wouldn't want to use angled cables or adapters? Is this checked or confirmed?

+1 on this question.

Would be appreciated if we knew what GPU to buy to avoid having to use bent cables.
No change - the display connectors are on the bottom, and there are only three relatively closely spaced hole sets for mounting the GPU, so there's no way of moving the GPU further up to account for non-angled connectors (though if they're short and the cable is flexible you might get away with the uppermost mounting holes). Unless you want to mod it, I guess. If not, the case will be resting on the GPU cable and likely tilted over. Could go for a leaning tower of Pisa-themed build? :p

Regarding the angled display cable connector stuff: I don't mind paying for a cable with a compact angled connector, but $30 for a 1m cable? That's barely long enough to route along my monitor arm, and there's no way it will reach a PC from there. I'd gladly pay that price if it was a useful length, but 1m is barely enough if the case is directly next to the monitor with no cable management whatsoever... A poor solution there.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Will there be any sort of dust filters? I'm kind of concerned about the amount of dust that will get into the case.
The mesh panels of the case will act as dust filters, similar to the T1. Either way, dust will get into any case, even with dust filters, so just clean your PC every month or so.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition