Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
May I suggest Highflow (NL) instead of or in addition to Caseking for the EU? Reasonable prices, good customer service, free EU shipping from 250 EUR, and also worldwide shipping. I too had a few bad experiences with Caseking/OCUK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
May I suggest Highflow (NL) instead of or in addition to Caseking for the EU? Reasonable prices, good customer service, free EU shipping from 250 EUR, and also worldwide shipping. I too had a few bad experiences with Caseking/OCUK.

Seems like a reasonable shop by the shipping rates.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Is there an exhaust fan? Haven't seen that mentioned.
If there were an exhaust fan (or provisions for one) I am sure it would have been shown in the pics (renders?) we have on the first post...

I am eagerly awaiting the Optimum Tech video coming up in a week or so, but for now I am of the mind that setting a 280 AIO (for the CPU) to exhaust OUT the front (with mesh side panels so the chassis can intake via negative pressure) might be the way to go...?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019

Yeah im not a fan of OCUK, definately seem to have gone downhill the last year or two... even their shop has been allowed to fall into a state of disrepair and poor organisation

Sen

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
sen.lol
Yeah im not a fan of OCUK, definately seem to have gone downhill the last year or two... even their shop has been allowed to fall into a state of disrepair and poor organisation
They've always been pretty scummy, espescially so before Caseking bought them.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
what is the best cpu air cooler that one could fit in here with a founders 3060ti?

NUTPACK

Efficiency Noob
Dec 15, 2020
Would running this case horizontal be possible without major thermal issues ?
i was thinking of running it horizontally as well and prolly have some huge rubber stick on bump ons on the bottom panel to raise the case up to get some air from the bottom. not sure if anyone has any comments on this if it might be bad or anything ?

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
what is the best cpu air cooler that one could fit in here with a founders 3060ti?
Most likely the Noctua NH-L12S.

The Thermalright AXP-200 might just squeeze in as well, not that I'd recommend it, the fan being right up against the side panel would probably be quite noisy.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Most likely the Noctua NH-L12S.

The Thermalright AXP-200 might just squeeze in as well, not that I'd recommend it, the fan being right up against the side panel would probably be quite noisy.
AXP-200 series is spec'ed at 73mm tall, exceeding 72mm limit of the case. So, it should not fit.
So, AXP-100 series, with a max height of 61 to 68mm (screws included) , should be OK.
I suggest, AXP-100 Full Copper C65 edition. The reddish brown copper colour is just so unbeatable 'sexy'...lol

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
AXP-200 series is spec'ed at 73mm tall, exceeding 72mm limit of the case. So, it should not fit.
So, AXP-100 series, with a max height of 61 to 68mm (screws included) , should be OK.
I suggest, AXP-100 Full Copper C65 edition. The reddish brown copper colour is just so unbeatable 'sexy'...lol
Yep, but usually there's a mm or 2 of extra tolerance on those measurements, so there's a decent chance that it'd fit(with flat screws). But if you want to play it safe, the AXP-100 is indeed a good alternative for the L12S.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
i was thinking of running it horizontally as well and prolly have some huge rubber stick on bump ons on the bottom panel to raise the case up to get some air from the bottom. not sure if anyone has any comments on this if it might be bad or anything ?
It will probably work, but it will inevitably be weird: you'll have I/O either on the top of your case with the intake fans on the bottom (bad for cooling), or the intake fans on the side with the I/O on the other side (or I guess intake fans on the front with the case being placed crosswise on the desk, though that sounds like it'd take up a lot of space). It might work, but it'll look weird and likely be quite impractical.