Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Looking very clean!

That said, cost aside, I wonder if the huge storage and 4-slot GPU support is enough of a reason to go for a 15L case over something like a C4 that's 3L smaller.

Also interested to see how much of the above transfers over to the P1.

Guess what case is best will - as usual - depend on the user.
tbh the max compatibility is a strong attraction for me alongside the lower price point. a lot of vertical cases have some limitations. the C4 looks great but I don't want a horizontal case for instance. think this case has a good chance to be a nice counterpart to the NR200P as well.

stotka

Efficiency Noob
Jul 21, 2020
Is there any drawback to using an ATX PSU? Does it support all 280mm rads? For example the X63 Kraken?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
2020-12-8: Photo Updates

Five of the nine images can be clicked on for a larger version...

One of the nine can be clicked on, but it is a picture for ants...!

Four of the nine cannot be clicked on at all...?

That said, cost aside, I wonder if the huge storage and 4-slot GPU support is enough of a reason to go for a 15L case over something like a C4 that's 3L smaller.

Yeah, but this will probably release Q1 2021, where C4-SFX is supposed to be Q3 or Q4 of 2021...?

I think 4 slot gpu is just derived from aiming at supporting harwarelabs radiators which are wider than average.

I'm wondering just how portable and backpack-able this is! hope we could see some pics of the case inside a backpack some time, and if so just how big the backpack would need to be

Dude, just make a cardboard mock-up already, then you can try it in any backpack you choose...! ;^p

Okay, now the only question is - WHEN?!

...same question, Same Question, SAME QUESTION..!!! ;^p

Is there any drawback to using an ATX PSU? Does it support all 280mm rads? For example the X63 Kraken?

Well, you just might see the X63 Kraken in the Optimum Tech video...? I dunno...

@Wahaha360

...super, Super, SUPER excited for this chassis...! But really excited to see the OT video, see some thermal & noise results...!!!

And I REALLY want to SEE a Crosshair VIII Impact mobo IN the chassis...!!!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Guess what case is best will - as usual - depend on the user.

This goes back to the question of volume vs footprint.

If you are just trying to minimize size, irrelevant of foot print, then vertical GPU cases have no advantage over horizontal in general.

If you are trying to save desk space, vertical cases is the better choice due to smaller foot print.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I think 4 slot gpu is just derived from aiming at supporting harwarelabs radiators which are wider than average.

I'm wondering just how portable and backpack-able this is! hope we could see some pics of the case inside a backpack some time, and if so just how big the backpack would need to be

For backpacks, this is more like a deeper M1.

Reactions: Luke NK

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Not really on the ATX PSU.

The Kraken CPU block is 80mm tall, even taller than the Noctua L12S, to keep the case small, decided not to support it.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
2020-12-8: Photo Updates

Amazing, looking really good.

Small, specific issue that is relevant to my use case but probably not for the majority: the 3090 FE exhausts partly through the rear like a blower, and in this case it seems that it would be kinda choked as it would be exhausting straight to the bottom of the case.

xiso

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2020
Only one size of the fan hole is visible. How install other size fan?

And when get preorder in Taobao?

Last edited:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Preorder end of the month.

US booked for Newegg in Feb 2021, shipping from US.

Working on EU, Australia and Asia right now.

F*** yeah bro! Would be amazing if you consider other EU retailers except Caseking, Amazon.de would definitely be the best option.

Also the sidepanels are interchangeble right? Will it be possible to order a case with 1 mesh sidepanel and 1 glass sidepanel or is it just one or the other?

Reactions: DrHudacris

Noosh

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019
Can't wait for the EU preorders, I will finally be able to use my 280 that was just collecting dust for a long time!

SiRe

Case Bender
New User
Dec 9, 2020
Preorder end of the month.

US booked for Newegg in Feb 2021, shipping from US.

Working on EU, Australia and Asia right now.

The case looks amazing! I just registered to the forum to say that if it will be available in Switzerland as well I will definitely go for it, as it is exactly what i am looking for ;)
What´s the deal with the front IO?