Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Arctic Freezer II 280 + TUF 6900XT completed
It was really hard fit inside.
btw: Freezer`s pump noise upset me. Will change it to EKWB 280 Classic when it will realease
That videocard is massive!! LOL

im assuming you mean basic not classic? i didn't even know they were making another model of the 280

Ok I found it on mesh web page there is a option to buy separetly but its not available yet, its coming soon, so one day, but other problem some has found in this case is why not made bigger holes such as hexagonal holes or at least just bigger circle holes for better air ventilation, no matter if u wanna all side glass or all mesh, bigger holes would help temps a lot...

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fgrsychckn.easycgi.com%2FPictures%2FCase%2FS401%2Fbasic_with_handle.jpg&hash=a9d3754d510e42ada060d43257af96ee

hexagonal holes

That not only looks like crap/cheap, but massive dust magnet, id never buy a case that had ugly gaping holes like that for "side panels"

Last edited:
Reactions: Valantar

kersk

Cable Smoosher
Jan 22, 2021
Finally got around to transferring my build into this case:

Some notes:
  • You can put the spine in after the radiator to have it straddle the tubes and then route the far back tube through the bottom GPU access area. This helps a ton with fans in pull-config where there isn't enough room to make the tight bend around the spine.
  • There is nowhere to hide in this case except for the top. Shove all the case I/O, RGB, fan cables, etc up there.
  • The logo side is intake on the EK Vardar fans, so the cross beams should be pointing out the front of the case for a pull/exhaust config.
  • I would have preferred to do a push config, but the clearance of some of the cables made me nervous about a cable shifting into one of the fans long-term, and you also lose the nice front RGB with push-config.
  • An extension for the 24pin helps a ton in terms of getting the 24pin out of the radiator's airflow path and also for allowing for the SF750 to be facing fan-in so it's not starved for air if it spins up.
  • Be careful with the radiator when maneuvering it into position, the fins are very fragile and pliable.
  • Yes, I took the EK logo foil off the CPU block! Just didn't do it before I took the photos, sorry. :p

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
cheap case = expensive additions ;/. getting 1.4 90anglee cost me £55. cables £69. = already reached ncase m1. the biggest regret ever.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
cheap case = expensive additions ;/. getting 1.4 90anglee cost me £55. cables £69. = already reached ncase m1. the biggest regret ever.
Right-angled DP1.4 adapter is just £9 on Amazon UK, fits with GPU in the middle position.
£69(nice) for cables is not that bad if they are sleeved. I paid like 110€ for my first set of unsleeved cables for T1, now that was a total rip-off.

Last edited:

findingmyfeet

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 23, 2021
Is there any way I can pre-book the case on CaseKing? Does CaseKing have at least a bulletin so I can order it as soon as they have it in stock?
I asked them the same and the answer I got was that they have no final details yet from SSUPD so can't yet list on the website.

The advice they gave was just keep checking.

Reactions: jives

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
Arctic Freezer II 280 + TUF 6900XT completed
It was really hard fit inside.
btw: Freezer`s pump noise upset me. Will change it to EKWB 280 Classic when it will realease
I was a bit worried about the space between the tuf and the fans, but then I remembered Arctic's rad is massive. 38mm vs 27mm for the ek one.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Thinking of swapping out my BeQuiet Pureloop 280mm for a custom loop since I actually bought a new Motherboard, CPU, RAM and such. Is there a good pump res combo that fits on the bottom of the case? I am better off sticking to something like the Barrow block? Any news of the Iceman reservoirs as well?

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
One question how long is risen cable in default edition or glass edition, and can we change it with something like this new

LOUQE Cobalt RC260 Twinax Gen4+ PCI-e 4.0​

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Finally got around to transferring my build into this case:

Some notes:
  • You can put the spine in after the radiator to have it straddle the tubes and then route the far back tube through the bottom GPU access area. This helps a ton with fans in pull-config where there isn't enough room to make the tight bend around the spine.
  • There is nowhere to hide in this case except for the top. Shove all the case I/O, RGB, fan cables, etc up there.
  • The logo side is intake on the EK Vardar fans, so the cross beams should be pointing out the front of the case for a pull/exhaust config.
  • I would have preferred to do a push config, but the clearance of some of the cables made me nervous about a cable shifting into one of the fans long-term, and you also lose the nice front RGB with push-config.
  • An extension for the 24pin helps a ton in terms of getting the 24pin out of the radiator's airflow path and also for allowing for the SF750 to be facing fan-in so it's not starved for air if it spins up.
  • Be careful with the radiator when maneuvering it into position, the fins are very fragile and pliable.
  • Yes, I took the EK logo foil off the CPU block! Just didn't do it before I took the photos, sorry. :p
As a reply to your notes...

"There is nowhere to hide in this case except for the top. Shove all the case I/O, RGB, fan cables, etc up there."

There is a few places to hide cables which i noticed you didn't find. You can hide alot of the cables underneath the motherboard, like the 8pin and 24pin cables for the motherboard, I just choose not to put my 24pin there as i felt it hid my front I/O cables not having my 24pin under the mobo. You can also hide a lot of cables behind the GPU like fan cables and RGB cables, and lastly there is usually enough room underneath the rad to fit a fan hub to also hide more fan wires.

"I would have preferred to do a push config, but the clearance of some of the cables made me nervous about a cable shifting into one of the fans long-term, and you also lose the nice front RGB with push-config."

I have mine in a push config, if your route the cables and ziptie them they aren't going anywhere near the fans, im sure you can achieve the same!

"An extension for the 24pin helps a ton in terms of getting the 24pin out of the radiator's airflow path and also for allowing for the SF750 to be facing fan-in so it's not starved for air if it spins up."

Again using zipties and planning where you want to route your cables, and even running your 24pin under the motherboard will have the 24pin out of the way of the rad airflow.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
As a reply to your notes...

"There is nowhere to hide in this case except for the top. Shove all the case I/O, RGB, fan cables, etc up there."

There is a few places to hide cables which i noticed you didn't find. You can hide alot of the cables underneath the motherboard, like the 8pin and 24pin cables for the motherboard, I just choose not to put my 24pin there as i felt it hid my front I/O cables not having my 24pin under the mobo. You can also hide a lot of cables behind the GPU like fan cables and RGB cables, and lastly there is usually enough room underneath the rad to fit a fan hub to also hide more fan wires.

"I would have preferred to do a push config, but the clearance of some of the cables made me nervous about a cable shifting into one of the fans long-term, and you also lose the nice front RGB with push-config."

I have mine in a push config, if your route the cables and ziptie them they aren't going anywhere near the fans, im sure you can achieve the same!

"An extension for the 24pin helps a ton in terms of getting the 24pin out of the radiator's airflow path and also for allowing for the SF750 to be facing fan-in so it's not starved for air if it spins up."

Again using zipties and planning where you want to route your cables, and even running your 24pin under the motherboard will have the 24pin out of the way of the rad airflow.

That last picture is a work of art in regards to cable management.

Do you think it would still be possible to have a rear-mounted M.2 while also routing the 8-Pin to the top left like that? (Stock SF750 cables)

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Was browsing through Instagram and came across this very interesting build and he credited u/ghim7 , but ya he put the case in 4slot mode to leave room to hide the cables easily between the GPU and Spine. Very clever!

Smart, but also pretty much necessary given the freaking massive sleeving on those wires. I kind of get it - thicker wires look cleaner and almost always better - but that is cartoonishly thick. I'm genuinely curious how they managed that, whether it's just some kind of extra thick sleeving, if they added several layers of sleeving, or if they're just using stupidly thick wires.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Thinking of swapping out my BeQuiet Pureloop 280mm for a custom loop since I actually bought a new Motherboard, CPU, RAM and such. Is there a good pump res combo that fits on the bottom of the case? I am better off sticking to something like the Barrow block? Any news of the Iceman reservoirs as well?
With 62x62mm DDC top and 30mm thick radiator, there is ~8mm space for wires:

So it definitely can work with unsleeved cables, you just have to figure out how to mount the pump to the bottom of the case.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
With 62x62mm DDC top and 30mm thick radiator, there is ~8mm space for wires:

So it definitely can work with unsleeved cables, you just have to figure out how to mount the pump to the bottom of the case.
that's helpful! thanks.