Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
Hey man I bought a long DP cable for my setup already because I needed something long for my monitor arm , if my cable doesn’t fit I was thinking about the right angle adaptor , do you have any issues with the adaptor ? I know DP can be really finicky at times
I have not had any issues so far. Just got it this afternoon. It seems to run my 150hz just fine on my Asus PG279q 1440p display (did testUFO.com) and you can easily see the difference between 38/75/150hz.

There were some other brand adapters and even DP cables with Right angles built in...but they seemed to only support 60hz at 1440p. At least per their product spec page.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
So like @hengster I have a 3080 Strix. I was able to fit the strix in at the default 'middle' GPU position. It is snug. I had to remove the "left" (or center, furthest from PCI slot) GPU bracket, then slide the GPU into the case, then reinstall the GPU support.

There is NO way you can get the Strix to use the 'top' GPU position and I suppose with a different style angle connector you could use the 'low' position.

This is how 'snug' the 3080 Strix fits in the default gpu position.

I bought these DP Angle adapters and this DP cable with 'short' connectors . There were other options on Amazon but they did not claim to support 144hz at 1440p. The cable was a nice quality, but at the middle position it was no better than my existing regular DP cable. Sure the connector is technically shorter but there is NO way you can bend the cable to have the case sit on the table flat. The angle adapter JUST fits at the middle position. I did not test the 'low' position, but I am very skeptical that it would fit.

Also glad my GPU has 2 rows of connections otherwise 2 monitors might not be possible. I used the right angle hdmi that came with the Meshlicious and the DP angle adapter with my existing DP cable.

Based on your images the Maxonar cable should work if you trim the rubber strain relief and fold it 90° right at the point where the two angles meet.

That's what I've done for mine, anyway, so if you decide not to try I can give it a go once I've got my Meshlicious - no pressure!

Last edited:

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
Based on your images the Maxonar cable should work if you trim the rubber strain relief and fold it 90° right at the point where the two angles meet.

That's what I've done for mine, anyway, so if you decide not to try I can give it a go - no pressure!
Ah that is a good point, basically the strain relief is what is preventing it from flexing properly. I mean while it is a nice cable...the current setup with the adapter seems sufficient. But maybe...$16 adapter vs $16 cable and not worry about adapter issues...hmmmmmm

Missingchoco

Cable Smoosher
Jun 3, 2019
Hello all, wondering if I could get some help. I heard of the cable clearance issue so I tried to adjust the GPU placement at the highest position to give as much as room as possible for my DP cable.

However the standoff was screwed in so insanely tightly from the factory that the male screw simply stripped off. Would anyone have any ideas on how to get it out? Tried googling for typical threaded screw solutions but no luck. Or should I just return it to the retailer.

Not too worried about the screw itself, M3 screws seem to be compatible according to the opening post. But I need to be able to get the standoff out first.

Cheers

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Hello all, wondering if I could get some help. I heard of the cable clearance issue so I tried to adjust the GPU placement at the highest position to give as much as room as possible for my DP cable.

However the standoff was screwed in so insanely tightly from the factory that the male screw simply stripped off. Would anyone have any ideas on how to get it out? Tried googling for typical threaded screw solutions but no luck. Or should I just return it to the retailer.

Not too worried about the screw itself, M3 screws seem to be compatible according to the opening post. But I need to be able to get the standoff out first.

Cheers

A popular method that you could probably do quickly is to use a rubber band. It's exactly as it sounds, place it over the head and loosen as per usual

Reactions: Missingchoco

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021

Cheers

Sounds like you need the appropriate sized Philips/cross head screw driver so it doesnt strip it anymore or back out. Then use a nut driver/socket on that stand off for best contact/pressure instead of pliers.

If this was a car, I'd say apply some heat...BUT...you'd mess up the paint so don't do that lol

Reactions: Missingchoco

Missingchoco

Cable Smoosher
Jun 3, 2019
A popular method that you could probably do quickly is to use a rubber band. It's exactly as it sounds, place it over the head and loosen as per usual
Yep tried that, unfortunately stuck a little too tight.

Sounds like you need the appropriate sized Philips/cross head screw driver so it doesnt strip it anymore or back out. Then use a nut driver/socket on that stand off for best contact/pressure instead of pliers.

If this was a car, I'd say apply some heat...BUT...you'd mess up the paint so don't do that lol
Haha yes I don't want to damage it. Haven't tried a nut driver so maybe that will work, thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Rich_Holm

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
If anyone else has a tuf, I wanna know how well it fits with the top position of the case. And how display connectors fit.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018

Cheers

One of these (no. 1) should do the job.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Package now delivered at MyUS and collected by Fedex for UK delivery. I shipped via the slowest method, so probably week after next until it's in my hands.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Package now delivered at MyUS and collected by Fedex for UK delivery. I shipped via the slowest method, so probably week after next until it's in my hands.
Do you have a premium membership on MyUS? Yours seems to have been processed much quicker than mine, it's sitting in Review since yesterday.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Do you have a premium membership on MyUS? Yours seems to have been processed much quicker than mine, it's sitting in Review since yesterday.
Nope. I only created an account specifically for the Meshlicious and haven't even touched it since I placed the order in February. Possibly the most seemless purchase from a forwarder I've ever had. Must've just been luck of the draw, unfortunately.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
MyUS processed my package really quickly, some automatic option or whatever, already shipped to Poland via DHL Express (63$), I'll live with it, should be here next week :D