Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Just canceled my two orders from the first batch. I wanted White + Full Mesh so I will just wait it out now. I have everything set aside except a custom loop solution, still waiting for OT to release the IceMan pump/res for this case. :)
Why IceMan specifically? If you choose to go single-rad, you can fit a small pump-res combo above the GPU pretty easily, just need to DIY a mounting bracket for it.
E.g. Phanteks Glacier R160C:

This one has fill/sensor ports and it looks beautiful 🙂

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Took the leap and ordered the Maxonar DP 1.4 cable - I'll let everyone know if it will fit in the 33mm position; may take some bending.

Apparently the cable stress relief/quality is good though so it may be able to take it.

So, update:

The Maxonar DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.1 cables are great quality, and the plug is well-built, but the cable is thick, and the plug is too long to use in anything but the highest GPU position.

THAT SAID . . .

You can cut off the rigid rubber strain relief section of the plug (highlighted in blue below) and bend the thick cable at a <=90° angle for it to just barely fit within a 33mm space. I've done this and I'm using the cable now - still getting a 3440x1440p 120hz signal to my monitor.

If you're willing to do that, you can use the Maxonar cables for GPUs that fit in the middle position with 33mm clearance for cable plugs.

Reactions: robojim

oncpnda

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 8, 2021
I can't find any info, but does anyone (read OP) know if the included 4.0 cable in the current Newegg preorder (4/20) will be Linkup's 2021 PCIe 4.0 spec, or their older and slower 2020 PCIe 4.0 spec?

Someone reviewed both the new and old cables and found the newer one to perform at least on par with direct connection. Seeing as there are no specs listed for the cable on Meshlicious' website expect for that it's produced by Linkup, I would like to see some more information.

Would it be smarter to buy the 3.0 version and buy a separate, better performing 4.0 cable from Linkup directly, or is the supplied 4.0 cable the newer spec?

Thanks!

Reactions: 203Null

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
Why IceMan specifically? If you choose to go single-rad, you can fit a small pump-res combo above the GPU pretty easily, just need to DIY a mounting bracket for it.
E.g. Phanteks Glacier R160C:

This one has fill/sensor ports and it looks beautiful 🙂
It's funny you brought this up, I was looking at this before I found out the IceMan was available for the Mesh. I was afraid of it not fitting and having issues on where to mount it.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I'm hopeing the 30 April ETA for Aus stays true - running an NR200 temporarily at the moment but really can't wait to move everything across.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
What AIO does everyone recommend or plan to use in this case? I was planning to use the NZXT Z63 once I saw the Optimum Tech video using it - and I'm still tempted to, but the price is fluctuating on Amazon.ca right now so I figured I'd see if there were any better options before I committed.

What does everyone think? (Would be paired with a 5900X)

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
What AIO does everyone recommend or plan to use in this case? I was planning to use the NZXT Z63 once I saw the Optimum Tech video using it - and I'm still tempted to, but the price is fluctuating on Amazon.ca right now so I figured I'd see if there were any better options before I committed.

Bought an ek d-rgb 280, using it right now in my normal case.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The price of NZXT Z63 (USD 240) is more than double of that of EK D-RGB 280 (USD 135) and PureLoop 280 (USD 105).
Why? Is it because of its LCD screen?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hi there! Just pre-ordered this on PCCG.

I want to purchase a white PCIe4 riser cable from Linkup. Can someone advise:
* Should I get the Right-Angled riser, or the Left-Angled riser? Or the reserve socket?
* Is 15CM okay as that's the only available length for white, right-angle?

Get the ITX (NVIDIA & AMD 6000 series) cable (LINK)

Reactions: tafinel

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
This is the same as me. I'm still waiting on Wahaha to confirm if there would be any delay to European cases before I cancel, just to be sure, but it looks likely that I'll cancel my Newegg preorder at this point.

I can't confirm a date yet, right now, containers are just sitting at port waiting for delayed ship to arrive.

It's really weird honestly. They say it's a shipping issue due to congestion at the port of LA... but every order and pre-order is delayed - even the ones that haven't happened yet. The second batch was supposed to go live in April, but now it's Late May - and that can't have to do with the shipping congestion at the port of LA currently. This is without even calling out the fact that they've been dead silent regarding orders/preorders for Canada/UK/Worldwide. (i.e: Countries that can order for the first time in Batch 2.)

They really need to clarify what this delay is, who it effects, and how.

Ships drop off stuff at LA, then return to China to pick up.

If the ship is late dropping off at LA due to congestion and lack of work force, it's late in pick up. So congestion at LA creates delay both ways.

Reactions: Talyrius and ggldn

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020

Im currently using a H200 as a temp case with the 5900x and EK 280 D-RGB and im more then happy with the performance, i think it will do even better in the Meshlicious as my temp 3060ti (FTW3) in the h200 just dumps heat in the case lol

Ragsters

Trash Compacter
Apr 15, 2018
So without having to read the entire thread, can anyone tell me when the white version be available for purchase even if for pre-order?

ggldn

Efficiency Noob
Feb 4, 2021
So without having to read the entire thread, can anyone tell me when the white version be available for purchase even if for pre-order?
The timeline on the website is correct, two posts above wahaha explains why the current batch delay affects the future batches. If they give an exact date now it just leads to more people potentially annoyed at things out of their control