Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
May I ask, what GPU is that exactly? Is it the Strix 3080? If not, is it the same dimensions as said graphics card. Or can someone confirm if it fits inside this or not? Haven't been able to find an answer to this question in this thread with all of it's 60 pages :p

The GPU in the photo is ROG Strix 3090, same dimension as the 3080.

Reactions: Dawelio

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
@lolcat , @203Null , @BRSxIgnition

Try and avoid those type of angle adapter. Like the previous post, the best and easiest thing is just 3D print taller feet if you must have a MSI Suprim X or any GPU that's more than 320mm long.
Thanks for the advice - there are some good ampere models available that should fit the middle position if not the top - do you know of any good DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.1 cables that would work with the middle position that you've tried in your testing?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
The GPU in the photo is ROG Strix 3090, same dimension as the 3080.

Nice, thanks for the clarification and fast reply with confirmation. Much appreciated! :)

One other question though, was it difficult to get installed in the case or is it next to no space to do this? I'm thinking in the same terms of maybe installing and Strix inside of the Dan A4 SFX for example, as that is a massive card inside a really tight case.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Are display cables sensitive to length ? , I just installed a monitor arm , and did some measurements and will need a 7-8foot cable to keep the cable hidden, and recommendation or any cable should be good ?

seems I have to get 10feet as it’s usually 6 or 10 feet ?

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
I just had a crazy idea. With the extra 3d printed feet, it should be possible to add a hdd to the bottom.
I want someone to try it once the feet are available.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Does anyone know if the mesh panels are filtered as well or if it will be more or less a dust magnet inside? :p

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Does anyone know if the mesh panels are filtered as well or if it will be more or less a dust magnet inside? :p
The mesh seems to be just as fine as with the T1, so I expect it to be only slightly worse than an actual, fine, dust filter. (But no, there are no dust filters aside from the mesh panels on all sides.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawelio

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for the advice - there are some good ampere models available that should fit the middle position if not the top - do you know of any good DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.1 cables that would work with the middle position that you've tried in your testing?

Wait for the 3D Print Feet, they are tall enough that most cables will fit, something relatively lower profile like this HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4 should work.

The goal of the 3D Print feet is so that most regular cables will work.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
Are display cables sensitive to length ? , I just installed a monitor arm , and did some measurements and will need a 7-8foot cable to keep the cable hidden, and recommendation or any cable should be good ?

seems I have to get 10feet as it’s usually 6 or 10 feet ?
Until you’re dealing with 25-50 foot runs you should be fine.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Wait for the 3D Print Feet, they are tall enough that most cables will fit, something relatively lower profile like this HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4 should work.

The goal of the 3D Print feet is so that most regular cables will work.

With all due respect - and I do actually mean that because the designs for both this case and the T1 have been stellar - I'm mainly asking because I don't have a 3D printer, know anyone with a 3D printer, or want to make the case taller than it is by using 3D printed feet. (There's probably others in that position as well since this is a mainstream case.)

I'm fine with getting something like a TUF over a Master or Xtreme or Suprim for my build, so that it fits in the middle or high GPU position, but rather not compromise and buy additional feet unless there absolutely are no HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4 cables that work in those positions.

... All of that said though, if these both work in the middle position at least, 99.9% of people buying this case should be fine with them. Are these ones you've used in your testing?

Last edited:

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
Welp. I don't care too much about it, considering I will have to wait for new CPUs either way, but logistics are still fucked.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
https://ssupd.com/blogs/news/2nd-batch-pre-order-update the simple answer is yes, it will affect all orders
Why would a shipping delay specifically related to cargo offloading at the port of LA affect EU orders? It sounds unlikely that those orders are booked for the same ship (don't most large cargo ships have pretty much set routes?), and it's not like warehouse processing in China is affected by a delay in offloading goods in the US. Unless the EU cases are shipped through the US, but again, why would they be? That would be both slow and expensive.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Why would a shipping delay specifically related to cargo offloading at the port of LA affect EU orders? It sounds unlikely that those orders are booked for the same ship (don't most large cargo ships have pretty much set routes?), and it's not like warehouse processing in China is affected by a delay in offloading goods in the US. Unless the EU cases are shipped through the US, but again, why would they be? That would be both slow and expensive.

Yeah, seems dumb to ship the EU cases through the US. I preordered on Newegg to get it shipped to EU through myUS, but given this delay it might actually be faster to buy from EU distibutors if those receive the cases without delay in April.

Reactions: Van0 and futurewau

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Btw why does it say '2nd batch preorder update' and then mention that the first batch to Newegg is delayed?
That's not the first batch, it's the 2nd - it was supposed to become available around April 1st, but is now delayed by "2-3 weeks" with an ETA of April 20th. It might be that first-batch orders still haven't received their cases, but this report is about a ship that sailed from China just last week, and isn't scheduled to arrive in the US for another week or so. First batch orders were undoubtedly shipped earlier than the 24th of February.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Btw why does it say '2nd batch preorder update' and then mention that the first batch to Newegg is delayed?
They didn’t mention the first batch..

But man am I happy I didn’t wait for the 2nd batch , June is way too late for me, I’m pretty much just waiting on the case to finish my build