Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

203Null

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2021
Wondering the same for DP 1.4 cables. Most I've seen on Amazon have pretty mixed reviews. I did find a post somewhere recommending this adapter:

If this fits and is reliable this could be great cause it would work with any cable.
Most cables have a plug that has a width that will likely exceed the clearance.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I think this will be really hard to find, the thinnest DP1.4 cable that I was able to find that has clear measures is 29mm. I have gotten 3x DP extension cable like this one instead (Model P2A-P4T, 35cm) and plan to 3d print a custom PCIE panel so I can route the cable from the back of the case. If you don't want to 3d print a PCIE panel then I think a short P2A-P4B might be a great option.
Was just going to post this actually, since REVOCASES mentioned it to me on the discord. Definitely keep us posted on that panel.

Would be nice if they offered a P1-P4 model, without the frame on the female end like the P4T - would be even better if they also offered an HDMI 2.1 version, but it seems like they only go up to 2.0.

Right now my monitor uses display port, but I plan to upgrade to the upcoming LG 42" OLED in time, so then I'd need that HDMI 2.1 cable.

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
I think I will have to prop up mine. Using adapters or right angle cables for my monitors it's not that much of an issue, but my Index is likely to stop working with an adapter. With a 3080 tuf I can use the higher position, so maybe with an extra cm I might be able to plug the connectors outright.
I hope the 3d printed feet are good for that purpose.

203Null

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2021
Just got my EK 280 AIO today. Imma gonna have to keep it in the box until I see the review.
Was just going to post this actually, since REVOCASES mentioned it to me on the discord. Definitely keep us posted on that panel.

Would be nice if they offered a P1-P4 model, without the frame on the female end like the P4T - would be even better if they also offered an HDMI 2.1 version, but it seems like they only go up to 2.0.

Right now my monitor uses display port, but I plan to upgrade to the upcoming LG 42" OLED in time, so then I'd need that HDMI 2.1 cable.
There is one but not available on that site.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Just got my EK 280 AIO today. Imma gonna have to keep it in the box until I see

There is one but not available on that site.
I've shot them a message regarding a P1-P4 option and P2-P4 option, as both would work for the max size GPU. I hope their replies are faster than typical AliExpress shipping.

For HDMI 2.1, the cable listed on the Meshlicious/SSUPD website seems to be the best option, even if it's a bit short at 1M - @Wahaha360, would you happen to know when these will be available? Will it be alongside the Meshlicious White in April, or sometime later?

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
Oops, I mean until I see the review. (I failed to delete the line entire)
Ah. I hope we see some review from GN. But I reckon it's just going to be the 240 but better.
Also, in the ali shop they say that below 1m it can go up to DP1.4, but who knows.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
For those who are thinking about taking the phrase 'Go Big or Go Home' literally, here's a chart I cooked up quickly regarding the biggest Ampere GPUs:

If you're going with a SUPRIM X:
  • You'll be able to build in 3-Slot Mode, giving you up to 73mm in CPU Cooler/Pump clearance.
  • BUT: You will need the smallest display cables/adapters you can find - something as close as you can get to this or this. (23mm or Less)

If you're going with an Aorus XTREME or MASTER:
  • You'll likely be able to put the GPU in the middle position, meaning you will be able to use more widely-available cables.
    • Off the SSUPD Website you could use this, this - but you could also use something available on other third-party sites. (As long as its 33mm or less)
  • BUT: You will need to build in 4-Slot Mode, limiting you to 53mm of CPU Cooler/Pump height.
    • This is enough for most AIO pumps, but maybe not enough for some custom water-cooling pumps or air coolers.
If you're going with something smaller, feel free to use the measurements above to figure out what rules you're limited by - but by-in-large, the smaller your card, the less picky you need to be with what mode you put things in and what display cable to buy.

Last edited:

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
Wahaha, just throwing in my support for this case! What a gorgeous setup. I'd been on the Salvo S400 for a few years and now the Sliger SM560 in semipassive mode, which I love but occasionally bluescreens from overheating under sustained load (maybe twice a month). Can't wait for something with a fine mesh like the T1 and has a little bit more room for air cooling, and which still lets you kind of see the parts!

Would have bought in already if you had the white version with PCI-E 4.0 in that first preorder run!

Thanks to all who have been posting angle adapter ideas and links as well.

EDIT: I've got to go back and read the thread from the beginning, but if not already discussed, any air coolers out there thinking about what to do with that 72-73mm of space in 3-slot mode? Big Shuriken 3 comes to mind...

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I think April was the date , reading some of the comments on the Instagram page , the account said they are in talks with Newegg.ca

Their Instagram says April, and I was advised on Facebook that the date will be available on the website soon.

(Also, the full mesh white version with pcie 4.0 will be available as a sku along with it)

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
Their Instagram says April, and I was advised on Facebook that the date will be available on the website soon.

(Also, the full mesh white version with pcie 4.0 will be available as a sku along with it)
I still don't know if I should go with the pcie4 version, I still have a pcie3 gpu and changing the card in this case is not that difficult, but it's something I won't need to worry about in the future.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I still don't know if I should go with the pcie4 version, I still have a pcie3 gpu and changing the card in this case is not that difficult, but it's something I won't need to worry about in the future.
If you have a small GPU and swapping it with a 3.0 GPU whenever you update the BIOS is easy for you, then sure, by all means go 3.0.

The LINKUP 4.0 cable here is mainly to avoid that issue and guarantee stability for those who don't want to go through that hassle, more than it is to saturate all of that theoretical bandwidth. (Since it isn't technically a certified 4.0 cable.)

Last edited:
Reactions: REVOCCASES

roobots

Efficiency Noob
Dec 29, 2020
I've got my Meshlicious pre-ordered, my 10850K shipping and my EKWB 280 arrived today. Does anyone have thoughts on best motherboards for this build? I tend to go Asus but it seems like the z490i is a really tight fit for the EKWB that might require removing the north VRM heat sink and pipe. It looks like the z590i is $100 more than the z490i for some reason. My other option is the Aorus z490i/z590i (same price hurray!), which looks like it fits the EKWB just fine. Does anyone have experience with any of these board/AIO combos?

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
We know that the NZXT Kraken can fit in 4-slot mode, do we know if the EKWB block also does? There's less than 1mm of difference in height, so it should, but do we have any confirmation?
I don't think I will change it, considering my gpu can fit comfortably with only 3 slots, but if temps are reasonably better I might do it.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Just because I can't be arsed to go back through 59 pages of posts to find the answer, what is the best 280mm radiator to get for this besides the Black Ice GTS (which isn't available around these parts)? The Alphacool ST30? And would it even be worth getting this with 25mm fans (likely Arctic P14s) compared to just using my current EK PE 240 with 15mm fans? The only thing I'd need to buy for the latter is a single Noctua NF-A12x15 (though I think I'd even be able to run a full thickness fan in the bottom slot), so it's definitely easier to get going with.