Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I think there should be no video cables at all, HDMI or DisplayPort cables are usually shipped with screens and not cases in my experience.
True, though most cases don't severely limit display cable compatibility either. There would be a lot of complaints if these weren't included. And those cables are bound to be dirt cheap in terms of BOM cost, so it doesn't make much of a difference. That's likely why we're getting HDMI rather than DP too - DP cables are much, much more expensive.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
C8I will fit assuming you have the SFX orientated the right way, you will need a longer PCIe Riser Cable though. Go 3M if you can.

What is the stock PCIe riser cable length, and what is the recommended length to work with the C8I in Mesh-Licious...? TY...!

Kizzster

Cable Smoosher
Jan 8, 2021
What is the stock PCIe riser cable length, and what is the recommended length to work with the C8I in Mesh-Licious...? TY...!
I'd say what ever the stock cable length is, Add 33mm minimum to that and you should be good? C8I is 3.3cm longer than ITX boards at 20.3cm x 17cm, ITX is at 17cm x 17cm. I think you can get away with 40mm or even 50mm longer length depending on the bend.

kippenvel

Efficiency Noob
Jan 12, 2021
Welcome to the forums! Maximum radiator+fan thickness is 62mm, so push-pull isn't happening. Push-pull setups are generally quite inefficient in terms of space/cooling (a thicker radiator with one set of fans typically performs better compared to the volume needed), so there are very few SFF cases out there supporting them.

There ought to be room for a small pump somewhere, at least in the GPU compartment - standalone DDC pumps are quite compact after all. There's also options like Alphacool's DC-LT pumps if you want even smaller. For pump+block combos you have the Alphacool LT Solo (uses the aforementioned DC-LT pump) that's relatively cheap and widely available, but not very high performance, and custom offerings like the Nouvolo Aquanaut DDC pump-block combo that fits a DDC pump of your choice. There's also a Barrow DDC pump-block combo, though that's quite a bit taller than the Aquanaut.

There are also other cases you might want to consider (either available or upcoming) with 280mm rad support: the Dan C4, Cooler Master NR200, Winter One, Sliger SV590 (360mm) (and likely a bunch more that I can't remember right now).

Edit: got Barrow and Bykski mixed up :p

Ah right 62mm. I think a CPU-pump combo is the way to go. My EVGA 2080 Ti ftw3 is pretty big (160x300mm), so that would leave ample room in the GPU compartment.

I checked out all the other cases. I would really like a vertical mounted GPU, a full cover rgb waterblock is the best part to look at. Really liked the NR200P Design, but with a vertical GPU you only have space for a 240mm radiator. I don't think I can go smaller then 280mm without undervolting.

Might the Barrow pump / micro rez / cpu block combo fit, in three slot mode...?

62mm maximum thickness of radiator & fans; so with (optimal) 25mm thick fans, a 30mm rad would be best (most common)...?

Four 12x15 PWM fans with a 280x30mm rad would be push-pull...

Not GOOD push-pull, but...

;^p

Maybe going thick radiator with some heavy duty fans is the best performance option. When idling my fans are off anyway, passive cooling is more then enough.

Thanks for all the info guys!

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
Not including a displayport cable is seriously such a bad decision.
I think it's better if they included an angle adapter to fit all different scenarios. My PC is on the right side of my long desk and my monitors are cable managed all the way to the left and behind the dual-monitor arm. This hides all my cable but uses a LOT of cable, I think I had to purchase 15 feet cables to make it work.

I'm not stressing about the cable at the moment because I will most likely go watercool in my 3080 which should give me ample room below the case if it allows me to push up the card higher.

Reactions: DrHudacris

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
I'm not stressing about the cable at the moment because I will most likely go watercool in my 3080 which should give me ample room below the case if it allows me to push up the card higher.
I don't think your considering the riser cable length and location in the case.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Would be nice to get an official explanation on what the new PCIE 4.0 option is on both the SSUPD and FormD websites - is it confirmed to work 100%? Is it a placeholder? What is it based on?

If it's guaranteed to work, Meshlicious is back as an option for me and probably many others. (Unfortunately the shape of the case makes any bios reset a huge trouble due to having to take out the MB to seat the GPU without one)

Last edited:

Onus

Caliper Novice
Jan 2, 2021
Anyone else noticed this on the site?

Does this mean the cable will be certified?

wow. Amazing.

80$ is a fine price (completely normal for such a cable, not expensive, not cheap) and i can get full 4.0 connectivity with my gen4 card.
Thank you @Wahaha360 <3

I really appreciate your dedication to this project.
Can't wait to see some reviews and or forum threads from people who got the case in their hands.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Would be nice to get an official explanation on what the new PCIE 4.0 option is on both the SSUPD and FormD websites - is it confirmed to work 100%? Is it a placeholder? What is it based on?

If it's guaranteed to work, Meshlicious is back as an option for me and probably many others. (Unfortunately the shape of the case makes any bios reset a huge trouble due to having to take out the MB to seat the GPU)
The description on ssupd.com says it's a custom-length Linkup riser. Not sure about the other one.

Feonnor

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2021
Any news if we will able to preorder the case to EU countrys via the official website? 60$ shipping would be ok (for me).

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Any news if we will able to preorder the case to EU countrys via the official website? 60$ shipping would be ok (for me).

Yeah, I asked about it too, Waha said it would cost probably around 60$ but he said to contact support once it's online to confirm, not sure if they would do it.

Onus

Caliper Novice
Jan 2, 2021
Yeah, I asked about it too, Waha said it would cost probably around 60$ but he said to contact support once it's online to confirm, not sure if they would do it.
I always thought that caseking will be the European Vendor

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
better if they included an angle adapter to fit all different scenarios
but no one adapter will fit all scenarios. GPU can be moved in 2 axis, which means the io plate will move. Different GPUs have different IO. Some people will want 90 deg in one direction, some people 90 in another. Maybe you want your DP to go up and your HDMI left.

I really don't understand why everyone cares about cables/adapters/riser cables included in the case (or available on their website). It's a case. You mount shit to it. You're buying all these different parts from different vendors to build your PC, what's 1 more??

If it's guaranteed to work,

Again, they are selling a case.... The riser connects your mobo to your GPU. They aren't really in a place to guarantee the cable will work for your specific hardware. Also, they said "fully tested and compatable with x y x". What info is missing anyway?

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Again, they are selling a case.... The riser connects your mobo to your GPU. They aren't really in a place to guarantee the cable will work for your specific hardware. Also, they said "fully tested and compatable with x y x". What info is missing anyway?
My previous understanding was that truly certified and compatible PCIE 4.0 risers were only coming in late 2021 - which was why they weren't the default for things like the Winter One or more recent drops of the T1, etc.

Just want to confirm this riser won't have any issues like those discussed here.