Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
The thing is that having mesh on both sides can sometimes worsen temperatures because the extra vents spoil the wind tunnel effect, it's all down to design

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019

I just realized Mesh-Licious render has the same layour design as the T1: motherboard in standard orientation on left side.

I wonder why this is? if the motherboard was on the right side of the case you would be able to place it upside down. When you place the motherboard upside down you can place the biggest low profile air cooler like the L12S with its heatpipes pointing up and the cooler not extending outside of the motherboard. The other way around you will have the same problem you have with the T1 where with certain motherboards, if the CPU socket is relatively high the cooler extends the lenght of the motherboard and you have to remove parts of the case or maybe even have to resort to less optimal orientations.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I just realized Mesh-Licious render has the same layour design as the T1: motherboard in standard orientation on left side.

I wonder why this is? if the motherboard was on the right side of the case you would be able to place it upside down. When you place the motherboard upside down you can place the biggest low profile air cooler like the L12S with its heatpipes pointing up and the cooler not extending outside of the motherboard. The other way around you will have the same problem you have with the T1 where with certain motherboards, if the CPU socket is relatively high the cooler extends the lenght of the motherboard and you have to remove parts of the case or maybe even have to resort to less optimal orientations.

It's not the same layout as T1. The motherboard is rotated 90 degrees so the IO is facing backward.

Regarding the motherboard clearance, already tested L12S and other coolers, so it's not an issue for compatibility.

We had to keep the motherboard in this orientation due to the PCIe Riser bend. Doing it the other ways problematic for the Riser.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Not sure why I didn't get an update for this thread, but boy oh boy did I miss a BIG one! This is exciting stuff @Wahaha360, and I'll look forward to seeing where this one goes! I'll likely hold off for the P1 once it's ready, but this could happen as an interim depending on timelines. :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Promising project!
Having 70mm as standard for CPU cooler is great positive as many cooling options are existing with this height!

GPU space is huge!
Stupid question : how is managed GPU i/o especially in vertical orientation? Direct or with passthrough?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I'm interested in seeing it with a 235mm GPU pointing out the back and what space is left.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Here to rescue the thread from falling off the front page of the sub-forum...! ;^p

Excited for tomorrow, hoping to snag a Sapphire 6800 XT reference model from Newegg...!!

Then I wait, Wait, WAIT for Mesh-licious...!!!

(..still wanting more info regarding PCIe Gen4 x16 compatibility for the included PCIe riser cable...)

(...and info regarding which 280 AIO W360 is recommending for the chassis...)

xiso

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2020
I want know power cord can be connected directly from the outside.
And can install 120mm or 140mm fan on top?

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I want know power cord can be connected directly from the outside.
And can install 120mm or 140mm on top?

If the layout is how I figure it should be; yes to the power cable, no to any top fan / radiator...?

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
PSU will be attached to back plate most assuredly, and I agree with Boil. Case already too high due to having to support long GPUs so I don't believe there will be any other fan or rad that adds more to this dimension...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Well, I slept thru the launch, so no 6800 XT for me right now...

But that is okay, I want to wait & see what reviews say, see if there are any hardware issues (like with the 5700 XT launch), and see if time brings about an improved / fleshed-out software stack...?

Besides, that triple axial fan design will not play nice with the Fractal Era I am currently in; I guess I could try it in the TU-150, along with my Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler, but I do not know about placing a pair of NF-A12x25 PWM fans under that 2.5 slot GPU, might touch or just have too much turbulence from the extremely close proximity between the fans & GPU...?

So I might just be waiting for Mesh-Licious to show up, see what reviews of that with a 6800 XT look like...

Last ditch solution at this point would be to get a Cooler Master NR200 & take the +5L hit to any PPL scores...?

Come on @Wahaha360 , get this chassis out to the masses...!!! ;^p

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Supply of the 6800 XT in the UK was super trash... like at least with the 3080 and 3070 launches I could see the stock (didnt try and get a 3090), it just went instantly out of stock on the 5 sites I was trying to get one on

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Supply of the 6800 XT in the UK was super trash... like at least with the 3080 and 3070 launches I could see the stock (didnt try and get a 3090), it just went instantly out of stock on the 5 sites I was trying to get one on
Like RTX or zen 3, better wait for q1 2021...;)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Well, slept thru the launch...!

Going to hold off a bit, wait for the AIB cards...

Looking at the Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT SE...!

More ARGB on the shroud & backplate, absolutely dripping with ARGB...!

Just set it all to static red and let it glow thru the perforated panels...!

Should fill the GPU chamber in the Mesh-Licious chassis up pretty well...!

Reactions: 1Hombre and Kit

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
You didn't miss much (in the UK at least) there was very little stock, I didn't see any units actually in stock on the 7 sites I was monitoring and hammering f5. At least during the 3080 and 3070 launches you could actually see the stock but struggle to get it into your basket/checkout due to site traffic.

I like that Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT SE card though!

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
2020-11-10: what I can share atm

* rendering makes GPU appear closer to the glass window than it really is, don't panic, well aware of GPU clearances needs for cooling
* design not final - making some changes to the fan bracket because it doesn't look good behind mesh

Need to wait longer before I can share more info per my NDA.

Wondering if this will have options for mesh side panels, or is it only tempered glass like in the render (assuming same on CPU side); or might it, like the Cooler Master NR200P, include both options in the box...?

With a name like Mesh-Licious, and based on the P1, where almost all the generated renders are all mesh, one would assume this chassis would also be all mesh...?

Reactions: xiso