Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
165x245x360mm, 14.5L, 280AIO support, 3 or 4 GPU slot, movable spine like FormD T1.
Motherboard IO facing the back, GPU cable exit through the bottom.

We know there will be some sort of PCIe riser...

We know the GPU is vertically mounted, and with the "GPU cable exit through the bottom" statement, we might assume the output ports & PCIe bracket is facing downwards...?

We know the chassis will include a PCIe riser, and with where the PCIe slot on the mobo is & the assumed positioning of the PCIe tab on the GPU ("GPU cable exit through the bottom"), we might infer that there will be a 45 degree bend in the PCIe riser...?

Might this put undue stress on the PCIe riser, I dunno...

Just sitting here some, staring at my cardboard mockup, thinking about the layout...!

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
We know there will be some sort of PCIe riser...

We know the GPU is vertically mounted, and with the "GPU cable exit through the bottom" statement, we might assume the output ports & PCIe bracket is facing downwards...?

We know the chassis will include a PCIe riser, and with where the PCIe slot on the mobo is & the assumed positioning of the PCIe tab on the GPU ("GPU cable exit through the bottom"), we might infer that there will be a 45 degree bend in the PCIe riser...?

Just sitting here some, staring at my cardboard mockup, thinking about the layout...!
Current Velkase Velka5 and Velka7 use a similar system albeit with internal display adapters - but it really shouldn't have an impact on the riser, it would just add a little extra width to a standard sandwich layout.

I wonder why the decision for rear MB IO but bottom VA IO? Typically Display cables are bulkier and stiffer so it would usually make sense to redirect the output to the rear - although I guess with a budget focus these cables would add quite a bit to the price.

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
Question. How much airflow would I be restricting if mounted horizontally ? And yes I know there is the P1 still in concept.

mingus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 7, 2019
mirrors an idea i had in the past, my motivation was for ease of cable routing/IO access

Reactions: Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
mirrors an idea i had in the past, my motivation was for ease of cable routing/IO access

I know it puts more cables higher up, but placing the PSU below the mobo drops the center of gravity (important in a vertical chassis) and puts the bulkiest cable down low...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Thinking more about the GPU side of the sandwich...

Listed height is 360mm, unknown if this has changed at all due to the 313mm length of the Nvidia RTX 3090 FE or the (rumored) 317.5mm length of Big Navi...?

Allusions towards possible changes to the dims of the P1, but unsure if those possible changes might have made it to H280 / Mesh-Licious before said chassis was finalized for production...

But assuming the 360mm listed height remains, how much of that is the area under the chassis for the (downward facing?) GPU ports & accompanying cable(s)...?

Might be a tight squeeze, might need to find some of those DisplayPort cables with the angled connectors...!

mingus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 7, 2019
I know it puts more cables higher up, but placing the PSU below the mobo drops the center of gravity (important in a vertical chassis) and puts the bulkiest cable down low...
that's true, i think at the time i was worried about pulled cables knocking the case over, but it doesn't seem to be an issue among velka 7 users.

the nzxt h1 makes do with 3 inches (76 mm) of clearance between IO and desk surface; there are plenty of 90 degree displayport adapters that are 30-40mm in height so it seems feasible to fit 300mm+ cards.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019

Not if you give the bend enough space, and with 165mm there seems to be enough of it for this bend to be safe IMO but yeah we need to wait and see.

Last night I dreamt Mesh-Liscious was going on sale end of November ?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
No AIO support, no mDTX support; no thanks...!

Maximum 305mm GPU support...? Big Navi three-fan reference is supposed to be 317.5mm in length, Nvidia RTX 3090 FE is 313mm in length...!!

Oh! Mesh-Licious, to be freed from the shackles of your NDA...!!! ;^p

B-Team Lab

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 26, 2020
Hello there,

We developed our idea "BB1" from 2019 and plan to release 100 pcs for TW local enthusiasts,
and we got the clear time record listed below:

https://www.pttweb.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1563388655.A.8FA (2019/10/8)

We make a very first prototype on 2019/10/8 post:
https://bteamlab.com/img/prototype1.jpg

https://www.pttweb.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1579713455.A.21D (The MP Sample)
https://www.pttweb.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1584883693.A.54C (The first black one on 2020/03/22 )
https://www.pttweb.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1601014672.A.5E5 (Assembly in Lian-Li TW factory on 2020/9/25)

Honestly we don't have plan on marketing, but to say stolen someone's idea, I believe the record won't lie.

Hope everyone got the gears they like :)

Regards
Ed
B-Team Lab

Mesh-liscious idea got stolen?

Justsidewayz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 27, 2020
Very excited for this Mesh-Licious. I've been wanting the Evolv Shift Air, but after seeing this thread I've been checking daily for updates or renders. After a week of checking this thread I figured, I'd better register here on the SFF forums!

Reactions: ramuj0 and THUMPer