Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I never did sth like that, is it easy to do? I always thought standoffs are manufactured IN the case itself and cant be switched (thats how it is with the NR200).

It's super easy, and if my understanding is correct, the Meshlicious would come with similar standoffs to the T1, which used the same Spine System.

Essentially, if you're using a passthrough card like the FE, place your case in the 4-slot GPU mode and offset the GPU towards the side panel with the standoffs. You'll now have space between the GPU and MB for the rear fan to exhaust air into.

That said, it may work better in the T1 than in the Meshlicious, as the former exhausted that air, rather than intaking air from the front - though I suppose you can still exhaust the air instead if you don't mind it blowing at you.

Reactions: DrHudacris

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I never did sth like that, is it easy to do? I always thought standoffs are manufactured IN the case itself and cant be switched (thats how it is with the NR200).
Sometimes, standoffs are pre-installed in the motherboard tray in a case (eg NR200?). When pre-installed, they usually can be removed by unscrewing. If so, you can then buy taller standoffs to replace the stock ones. If they cannot be unscrewed, then you can still buy standoffs to add onto them to extend the height.

Reactions: Timothy

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
That said, it may work better in the T1 than in the Meshlicious, as the former exhausted that air, rather than intaking air from the front - though I suppose you can still exhaust the air instead if you don't mind it blowing at you.
The ideal fan orientation for GPU temps on the MeshL is going to be front exhaust anyway, regardless whether the GPU is a side or trough exhaust design.

The air blowing at you shouldn't really be noticable unless you case is sitting really close.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
The ideal fan orientation for GPU temps on the MeshL is going to be front exhaust anyway, regardless whether the GPU is a side or trough exhaust design.

The air blowing at you shouldn't really be noticable unless you case is sitting really close.
It depends on which part you want performing cooler. If you want to cool your CPU more, then set it as intake - if you want to cool the GPU more, set it as exhaust.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Here's a question: the max radiator thickness is 62mm. Using my current 38mm EK 240PE and 25mm fans (63mm total thickness without modding anything) what will it be colliding with? The spine? Motherboard? PSU? Something else? Am I also right in thinking that the lower part of the case can support significantly thicker combinations than that (if using an SFX PSU, of course, and a GPU that isn't massively tall), given that the spine is much smaller towards the bottom?

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
Here's a question: the max radiator thickness is 62mm. Using my current 38mm EK 240PE and 25mm fans (63mm total thickness without modding anything) what will it be colliding with? The spine? Motherboard? PSU? Something else? Am I also right in thinking that the lower part of the case can support significantly thicker combinations than that (if using an SFX PSU, of course, and a GPU that isn't massively tall), given that the spine is much smaller towards the bottom?
From the pictures in the manual one can see that it wont collide with the MoBo because of the spine being a bit longer than where the MoBo sits. It shouldnt touch the PSU either, if using a SFX PSU but depends on the total lenght of PSU+Cables, the shorter the more clearance there is. Regarding if there is more clearance below, there is but the question is if you can move the fan or whatever should be mounted there low enought Vertically in the case for it to only be in this space, depends on the fan mounting bracket and where the holes for screws are. For your 63mm rad+fans I would just try to squeeze it in maybe by bending the mounting bracket a bit towards the front of the case, should work just fine. Depending on which fans you use, you could need to remove anti-vibration pads as they add to thickness (1mm each).Otherwise just take small grinding machine or so to remove the part of the spine sticking out.

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
Newegg has a promo on the Glacier One AIO right now for $10-$15 off depending on the size. It uses the the stock backplate with four screws to mount for AMD instead of using the plastic clips like some do. Should result in more even mounting pressure. My 280 just delivered today in anticipation!

Reactions: leafcutter

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Are there any risers based on the same process as the Loque 4.0 riser but resizable or a size that will fit the Meshlicious? The Loque cable is 260mm, meaning it will probably have issues making the bend that the 185mm Meshlicious cable does.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Are there any risers based on the same process as the Loque 4.0 riser but resizable or a size that will fit the Meshlicious? The Loque cable is 260mm, meaning it will probably have issues making the bend that the 185mm Meshlicious cable does.
W360 said several months ago that Louqe riser could be using Amphenol tech and it's unlikely to perform better than 3M.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
W360 said several months ago that Louqe riser could be using Amphenol tech and it's unlikely to perform better than 3M.
But the riser on the Meshlicious site is a LINKUP riser, so where is 3M coming from?

Based on initial performance tests it seemed like the Loque 4.0 Riser didn't degrade performance like the LINKUP riser does?

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
But the riser on the Meshlicious site is a LINKUP riser, so where is 3M coming from?

Based on initial performance tests it seemed like the Loque 4.0 Riser didn't degrade performance like the LINKUP riser does?
I mean if you don't like Linkup then choosing between 3M and Louqe the former seems like a better option. I haven't seen any performance comparisons of 3M vs no riser though.

leafcutter

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 29, 2020
Newegg has a promo on the Glacier One AIO right now for $10-$15 off depending on the size. It uses the the stock backplate with four screws to mount for AMD instead of using the plastic clips like some do. Should result in more even mounting pressure. My 280 just delivered today in anticipation!
Nice one. Now, I am conflicted between this one and the EK 280.