Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
So... I am sure I am not the only one who keeps checking back in here, hoping for some more REAL info on the H280 Mainstream Chassis...?!? ;^p

Come on @Wahaha360, inquiring minds want to KNOW...!!!

Reactions: survfate

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I may be wrong (it does happen on occasion), but the comment made in the P1 thread about the mesh being the same as the NR200 (from Cooler Master):

"The cheaper sheetmetal case will have the same mesh as the NR200, it's just thinner = easier to manufacture = cheaper."

Makes me think the mainstream manufacturer for the H280 chassis is Cooler Master...?!?

Hey @Wahaha360, any timeframe on when this NDA might be lifted...!?!

Eager for more info & PICS...!!! ;^p

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I may be wrong (it does happen on occasion), but the comment made in the P1 thread about the mesh being the same as the NR200 (from Cooler Master):

"The cheaper sheetmetal case will have the same mesh as the NR200, it's just thinner = easier to manufacture = cheaper."

Makes me think the mainstream manufacturer for the H280 chassis is Cooler Master...?!?

Hey @Wahaha360, any timeframe on when this NDA might be lifted...!?!

Eager for more info & PICS...!!! ;^p

It’s manufactured by the same team behind Lian Cool.

Cooler Master is huge, They make cooler for Tesla to Nvidia. Their cases portfolio in comparison to everything else is more like a hobby for them, not even a side hustle.

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
Curious about it! I hope you can bring your cases to Caseking, too. As someone from Europe we always struggle to find cool ( performance sff) cases here. Importing cases with 200$+ has lots of taxes on it, making it too unattractive :/

So the producer is Lian Li? That would be great. Quality production.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Is it a sin to bump so the thread stays on the first page of the sub-forum...? ;^p

If I gotta "stay on topic", let's talk about what we wanna build in the H280...!

Me, gonna move a bunch of stuff over...

Mobo / CPU / RAM / SSDs / PSU / AIO / Fans, EVERTHING MUST GO...!!!

I am basically waiting to see what AMD has for us vis a vis RDNA2, and waiting for the day I can place an order for the H280 with Newegg...!!!

(...oh yeah, I guess I am waiting on the day we can SEE renders/layouts/specs for the H280...)

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Mesh-Licious render (raytracing on)

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Cooler Master is huge, They make cooler for Tesla to Nvidia. Their cases portfolio in comparison to everything else is more like a hobby for them, not even a side hustle.

Funny story about one of their OEM partners producing cases: some years ago we had a project with them so I had to visit their factory. It was like 36C in the workshop but there were not enough fans for all workers. This is when I saw probably the most expensive body air cooling solution out there...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
H280 render (raytracing on)

@Wahaha360

Having a physical mock-up (even if it is literally a bounding box) gets me thinking (I know, a slippery slope)...

165mm chassis width, moveable spine to go between 3-slot & 4-slot GPU support.

3-slot = 60.96mm
4-slot = 81.28mm

So that would give (roughly, I am not accounting for spine or panel thickness, because I do not know what those are yet) the CPU side about 100mm in 3-slot mode, and about 80mm in 4-slot mode.

So if mDTX mobos are supported, meaning the Crosshair VIII Impact because it is the only mDTX board out there, 3-slot mode would be the only way to go (because of the SO-DIMM.2 riser card...?) Which is just fine for me...!

Now, you say the mobo I/O is to the rear, and the GPU I/O is to the bottom. Since we are working with a dual chamber design, and the GPU chamber will want to allow the most space for the GPU, I would assume the PSU is in the CPU chamber. I would also assume it is tipped on end, and probably below the mobo (better weight distribution?). Fan out if we are looking at perforated side panels? I kinda feel that there will be a bit of space that spans both chambers, bottom front, just behind the space allocated for AIO or rad/fans. Perfect for a ddc (vtx?) & tube res combo mounted horizontally, transversing both chambers?

But the GPU I/O on the bottom, so this would have hot air exhausting towards the desktop, having to force its way out the bottom back of the chassis? Would not having the GPU I/O to the top, thereby having any exhaust that comes from the GPU going out the top...?

And if the PSU exhaust & mobo rear I/O are 'stacked' in the CPU chamber, this gives less area for rear perforations (venting) than there was with the Mach One...?

Really curious now about airflow in the H280. Intake from the front, exhaust to the rear (mainly GPU chamber?) via positive pressure (I suppose if there are perforated side panels, positive pressure will force air out there first...?) Or intake thru perforated side panels (via negative pressure) & exhaust out the front...?

The specs (what little we know of?) for the P1 call for a 30mm thick rad & 25mm thick fans, for a total of 55mm. With a 245mm deep chassis (again, not counting panel thickness because unknown) this leaves about 190mm, take away the front to back measurement of the mobo (170mm) and we are left with 20mm. Is the spine 'blocking' that off, or might there be some wiggle room? I ask because my initial usage of the chassis would be to move over my current build, which has an Arctic 240 AIO with a 39mm thick rad...?

Finally, what are we looking at in regards to the PCIe riser cable? Ribbon cable or...? And with the new GPUs coming out being PCIe Gen4 x16, will we get a cable that supports Gen4 x16...?

Really looking forward to that Green Light...!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wahaha360

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
The H naming in H280 makes me think of NZXT... but they already have the H1... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Also, with (speculated) 80mm of space for the CPU and a 4 slot GPU, I'm thinking dual radiators is an option here, even if it's not officially supported.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
the h280 reminded me of a corsair cooler but to be honest, if it is designed well it is okay whatever name you give it. Just dont make the branding too obvious haha

Reactions: Sashby