Completed Making the smallest ATX case

aidilj

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Hi All,

My first post here, I've just finished a weekend project to trim down a Cooler Master Elite 361 to 17.6 liters. By measurement it supports up to EATX motherboard. It only has 7 PCI slot so will need single slot card like Galax Katana for quad SLI. Though I'm not sure if there will be an SFX power supply that would be able supply that much power. There is no space for 3.5" drive, mounting 2.5" drive will be achieved by using PCI slot caddy. Cooler height is limited to 53mm or done through 92mm AIO. Video of the project is below.

This is not the first case I've worked on, see here for my previous project : http://aidilj.com/2016/05/diy-sff-low-volume-mini-itx-computer-case/

OliverRH

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2017
Hi that is an amazing transformation of the case. I have build myself a ATX case at 15 liters. But I like that you have kept the expansion slots. Thumps up from here :)

Reactions: AleksandarK

aidilj

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Hi that is an amazing transformation of the case. I have build myself a ATX case at 15 liters. But I like that you have kept the expansion slots. Thumps up from here :)

Thanks, I should've browse the forum before posting this thread, I only saw your smaller case after starting this thread and calling it the "smallest" atx. Well not so really.

Like yours, I took the opportunity to invert the case so that the power supply is a the bottom to move COG lower

Well done there! Cuts all look very neat! :thumb:

Thanks Stu, still deciding what kind of system is going to be build inside this case. Either X299 or Z370