mac clone htpc

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
I found this case on a chinese site, think its made by taidingcase.com/pr.jsp
It's a clone of the new cylinder Mac pro. Quality isn't bad, a few scratches on the curved panels but the internal frame is very stable.

More pics on ocn
http://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/official-usff-sff-club/1860#post_24386569

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Interesting find.. still looks like a trash can though.. Still waiting on a coke mod XD

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I personally like the new Mac Pro and admire it's accomplishments with what has been achieved on the inside than what the outside is about.
12-core CPU, dual workstation-class GPUs, dual PCIe SSD storage, quad-channel RAM. All cooled by a single heatsink and fan.

No polished single piece aluminium shell ? Meh.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I personally like the new Mac Pro and admire it's accomplishments with what has been achieved on the inside than what the outside is about.
12-core CPU, dual workstation-class GPUs, dual PCIe SSD storage, quad-channel RAM. All cooled by a single heatsink and fan.

No polished single piece aluminium shell ? Meh.

We can tell by your profile pic :p

Jokes aside, I think this is a really interesting case, nice find!

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Did the OP buy this case? I purchased it last September and still have it sitting in my apartment, but I had a lot of issues with the case. The front panel connectors were poorly attached and fell out, I couldnt find replacement connectors so right now it's just sitting in a corner of my apartment. Also the heat seemed kind of high in the case, I tried with different fan arrangements but basically if you use a video card, it blocks the top fan from sucking air out, and their isn't much room in the bottom to pull air in. I think a few revisions to the design and it would be much better. The build quality i felt was very poor, I cut my fingers on the outside panels and they scratch extremely easily.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I sort of like these cases, but I feel like Silverstone should just release a more compact and updated and smaller FT03 Mini(make it SG05 size) . Round is nice but most components are designed for square PC cases.

DMF

Case Bender
Apr 12, 2016
Did the OP buy this case? I purchased it last September and still have it sitting in my apartment, but I had a lot of issues with the case. The front panel connectors were poorly attached and fell out, I couldnt find replacement connectors so right now it's just sitting in a corner of my apartment. Also the heat seemed kind of high in the case, I tried with different fan arrangements but basically if you use a video card, it blocks the top fan from sucking air out, and their isn't much room in the bottom to pull air in. I think a few revisions to the design and it would be much better. The build quality i felt was very poor, I cut my fingers on the outside panels and they scratch extremely easily.

Which video card were you using? According to the site, it only allows low profile single slot GPUs, no?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
You can fit a double slot card but the 25mm thick fan blocks it. Even with a 15mm thin Silverstone fan it won't work.

Getting the bottom fan out was also a bit of a pain - a 15mm thin fan works better for the bottom intake.