M1 cable management

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
Hello all
A while ago before I got the case, I saw someone route their flat ribbon 24pin modular cable through a gap between the psu bracket. I can't seem to find that post anymore.
Anyone know if its possible or have suggestions to tuck the cables away for better airflow?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
You could try what I did with my M1 when I had it, which was place the cable underneath the motherboard before screwing it down. I used sleeved cables but you could still do it with a ribbon cable.

LINK

Reactions: Phuncz

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
thanks for the idea, but there isn't enough space for 2 layers of ribbon cables. This only works for individual cables. There isn't enough space to fold the ribbon able.
I figured out to slot the 24pin cable between the motherboard and PSU.

The end result is from this:

to:

Reactions: sp0iltbr4t

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Hello all
A while ago before I got the case, I saw someone route their flat ribbon 24pin modular cable through a gap between the psu bracket. I can't seem to find that post anymore.
Anyone know if its possible or have suggestions to tuck the cables away for better airflow?

Sorry to revive a thread that is almost one month old, but you may have seen this photo I posted at the HardOCP forums:

A better cable management result was a few months later in my son's M1 build:

This required shortening the PCI-E power cable for the graphics card and the SATA power cable. For the latter cable I moved the drive connectors closer to the power supply (I also flipped one over to the other side of the cable) and then cut away the excess cable length.

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
yeah, that was probably it. I couldn't use that method thou as my 24pin is in a different location. thx for posting that