LVDS to eDP help

abrackers

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 27, 2018
I have a jubo am4 thin mini itx mobo from https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/am4-thin-itx-motherboards-they-do-exist.10304/ which has a 30 pin LVDS output. I have bought an adaptor board to go to 30 pin eDP, and an AU Optronics B140HAN01.1. No display is outputted, and using a volt meter, while the backlight cable is at 12V correctly, the LVDS isn't providing the 5V it should.
Does LVDS need to detect a display in order to provide voltage, or is my LVDS port on my motherboard broken. There doesn't appear to be any bios settings or headers to enable / disable the LVDS port, although documentation for this mobo is terrible. Also, if there was something to disable the LVDS port, I would think it would also disable the backlight header.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I do not know that particular board nor have experience with LVDS/eDP, but try to look into your bios. My thin-ITX (Asus Q87T) has an option to ouput to the eDP.

Mine was on by default and showed as an display on Windows

abrackers

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 27, 2018
I do not know that particular board nor have experience with LVDS/eDP, but try to look into your bios. My thin-ITX (Asus Q87T) has an option to ouput to the eDP.

Mine was on by default and showed as an display on Windows
Thank you for the suggestion. The only setting in the bios which seemed relevent was I can force it to use the igpu (which it should anyway because its a ryzen apu) and that didnt seem to make any difference