Part Low profile angled c13 connectors

ZA Design

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 7, 2016
Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone could help my with my hunt for a low profile angled c13 connector, like the one that @Necere supplies with his Ncase M1. It should be right angled, but up angle could also work. Thanks!

-ZA Design

ZA Design

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 7, 2016

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm in talks with another indie case company about a low-profile angled C13 to panel-mount C14 cable like the M1 currently uses. Got a sample yesterday and it looks promising.

I don't know on pricing, MOQ, or time-frame yet though.

Reactions: dealda and Soul_Est

ZA Design

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 7, 2016
I'm in talks with another indie case company about a low-profile angled C13 to panel-mount C14 cable like the M1 currently uses. Got a sample yesterday and it looks promising.

I don't know on pricing, MOQ, or time-frame yet though.
Keep me in the loop, if you don't mind!

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Have you considered going custom?
You could always pair one of those low-profile Tripp-Lite C13/C14 with a mounted C14 connector.

Step 1 (Pick one):
Left Angle
Right Angle

Step 2:
C14

It's super easy to make one.
Best of all, you can make it the perfect length (instead of the long one included in the M1) and you can even sleeve it your preferred color.

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 29, 2015
Have you considered going custom?
You could always pair one of those low-profile Tripp-Lite C13/C14 with a mounted C14 connector.

Step 1 (Pick one):
Left Angle
Right Angle

Step 2:
C14

It's super easy to make one.
Best of all, you can make it the perfect length (instead of the long one included in the M1) and you can even sleeve it your preferred color.

The left/right angle cables you supplied aren't low profile.

ZA Design

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 7, 2016
Why not? They look pretty small to me, compared to the monstrous angled C13 cables you normally find.
I agree with @XeaLouS . If you would see the size of the Ncase M1's power connector, you would understand what I mean by low profile. It seems to be far more svelte.
You may have to buy an extension and a socket and perform a little surgery to get it.
Knowing me, there is no way I can build one well enough to be both low profile and safe!

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
It looks like Ncase sells the low profile cable(s) directly on their M1 accessories page for $10.
You can even choose LEFT or RIGHT angle.

I'm not quite sure where else to get one but I think Ncase and Fractal both use the same low-profile cable.
I remember seeing the cable in the Node 304.

The one used in the SG08, like the Tripp Lite cables I linked above are indeed a few mm taller.
When every mm matters in a build, I completely understand.

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 29, 2015
I agree with @XeaLouS . If you would see the size of the Ncase M1's power connector, you would understand what I mean by low profile. It seems to be far more svelte.

Knowing me, there is no way I can build one well enough to be both low profile and safe!

I had the same problem when i was tryign to replace the right angle connector in the Sugo SG09 with a left angle (power supply issues).

The only source i know of is the M1 accessories page but it is often out of stock.

There is a right angle one included with Sugo SG09 and Sugo SG10. It is low profile. But that's $100 for a case!

ZA Design

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 7, 2016
It looks like Ncase sells the low profile cable(s) directly on their M1 accessories page for $10.
You can even choose LEFT or RIGHT angle.

I'm not quite sure where else to get one but I think Ncase and Fractal both use the same low-profile cable.
I remember seeing the cable in the Node 304.

The one used in the SG08, like the Tripp Lite cables I linked above are indeed a few mm taller.
When every mm matters in a build, I completely understand.
Oh man! Thank you! I had no idea that they could be found on the M1's page!

Now... Does anyone know how I can pester Necere into giving me the dimensions? XD
Or at the very least, could anyone here with an M1 be able to measure the dimensions of the C13 head?

This would be great! Thanks guys!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Sorry, I don't log in here every day.

The C13 on the M1's power cable is 27.5mm in overall height, and the part that sticks out from the power supply is 13.5mm high. Note that the socket on the PSU adds a bit of height as well, around 2-3mm.

Reactions: Soul_Est

ZA Design

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 7, 2016
Sorry, I don't log in here every day.

The C13 on the M1's power cable is 27.5mm in overall height, and the part that sticks out from the power supply is 13.5mm high. Note that the socket on the PSU adds a bit of height as well, around 2-3mm.
Thanks man! Do you have any clue as to when you're going to get them in Stock?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks man! Do you have any clue as to when you're going to get them in Stock?
W360 has been working on getting a new supplier for the power cables, since the current ones have had a somewhat high defect rate. No ETA for when those will be available, though. Edit: he tells me we should have them in stock some time in December.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz