Low power Kabini Build

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Hello all,

I just put together a low power AM1 Kabini based build for a buddy. He will run this headless with a Linux distro for his internet radio station. It is set up to be always on and so low power and low cost was the aim. I have used the Asrock AM1H-itx mobo that has a built in power option for a 19v brick for the foundation. It is a nice simple set up that is low cost, sips the juice and dead quiet to boot.

Specs:
Asrock AM1H-ITX mobo
AMD Athlon 5350 Kabini with stock cooler.... $53 bux out the door at Microcenter for Board and CPU combo. New
In Win Bq656 case ..(cheaper Chopin)....... $ 23.74 shipped from eBay. Used .No psu included.
2x2 Gb Adata gaming ram 1600....................$0.00 Ram I had lying around (15 )
Sandisk 120Gb SSD.......................................$0.00 SSD Mike (the buddy) had on hand (40 bux or less )
CWK 19v 90w AC adapter..............................$8.88 shipped Ebay. New

Cost paid rounding up: 90 USD / add another 40-60 for ram and a 120gb ssd if you need it for 130-150 USD to build this.

Well, If you have a Microcenter or pal to send you the board CPU combo... They are such a good deal! 40 dollars off any AMD cpu and board right now.

Thanks for reading,

Last edited: