Enclosure Louqe RAW S1 coming soon!

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'm sure I must have missed this somewhere, but I couldn't find any existing posts about the new Louqe RAW S1 case that's been shown for a few weeks on the Louqe Instagram account (LOUQE (@louqe_sweden) • Instagram photos and videos)

Here's what's been revealed so far:

• 12 liters
  • Vertical orientation
  • I/O at the bottom
  • Extruded and milled construction
  • Available at Scandinavian retailers in March, with a shipment heading to Amazon US too.
  • Slide in frame
It looks like a premium version of the Corsair One case to me.

What do you think?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just from the pics, its design does not reflect anything similar to the Corsair One.
For instance, Corsair One has removable side panels to access the interior while the Raw S1 has a monolithic all around shell to slide in. This slide-in feature might not be a very good idea as it just takes some effort to access the interior. One good thing:- No TG to show off RGB.

It looks like vertical cases are getting more attention these days.

BTW, those feet/support structures in those pics need some more work. They do not look that pretty or elegant.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
According to the latest posts, there should be more information on the interior layout next week.

The reason I think it is similar to the Corsair One is that I believe it also has a "chimney" design for the cooling. Although there's no visible venting at the top, apparently it will draw air up and out of the top somehow.

I'm interested to see more in the coming weeks.

One good thing:- No TG to show off RGB

100% agree with this. I'm not a fan of TG side panels and RGB everything. Some subtle lighting to indicate that it's powered on is fine with me, but that's as much as I want.

Reactions: jamescarter117

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

Not my cup o'tea because no water-cooling but looks like a nice Corsair One clone (externally) that many people wanted for years.

Reactions: AlexTSG

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't mind building a near silent air-cooled build into this, if it can keep things cool enough to be below the fan-stop threshold for non-gaming/rending workloads. I'll be interested to see what the largest air cooler that can be fitted will be.

They claim they've been running a Ryzen 5950X and GeForce 2080 in the case for 6 months and it's been very quiet.

A lot of what I'm doing at the moment requires me to do voice recording, and I'm still a little worried that my upcoming build will have some kind of audible hum from the AIO pump.

Vir

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2020
It'd be nice if it was space efficient. You could fit a 360 radiator in ~9-10l vertical with a modular psu config.

jamescarter117

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
100% agree with this. I'm not a fan of TG side panels and RGB everything. Some subtle lighting to indicate that it's powered on is fine with me, but that's as much as I want.
Im actually in love with the vented panel in my NR200. The RGB light escaped from my cooler & RAM just subtle enough for visual enhancement :D

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
There are a few images of the interior layout now.

Although I'm a little skeptical of the cooling performance, I still really like the overall appearance and layout. So much so, that I'm considering getting one.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
There are a few images of the interior layout now.

Although I'm a little skeptical of the cooling performance, I still really like the overall appearance and layout. So much so, that I'm considering getting one.

Probably nothing for enthusiasts but I think the cooling performance should be good enough. Having the 140mm fan set as exhaust, creating a negative air pressure in the case and placing the air inlet vent slots at strategic positions (e.g. right over the CPU cooler) they should be able to assure CPU and GPU having direct access to fresh air. Only thing I would have done differently is the orientation of the PSU so that it would exhaust directly through the case fan and not back in the case.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Only thing I would have done differently is the orientation of the PSU so that it would exhaust directly through the case fan and not back in the case.

Hmmm. Yeah. Looking at that now, I wonder why they didn't switch the components onto the opposite sides of the spine. That would have still given the PSU intake access to fresh air, but would have had the exhaust aligned with the rear fan.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hmmm. Yeah. Looking at that now, I wonder why they didn't switch the components onto the opposite sides of the spine. That would have still given the PSU intake access to fresh air, but would have had the exhaust aligned with the rear fan.
Just rotating the PSU 180 degrees would also allow for shorter cables. But I guess they didn't do it so they could hide the cables behind the spine. Seems to me this was a "appearance over function" decision. Apart from that I like the design. Maybe I'll make a case like that but cheaper and with the PSU facing in the correct direction. 😅

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
There's a live stream by Sweclockers (In Swedish) where they build into the S1 RAW.

Having seen it in the video I would say that while it's probably suitable for my Ryzen 5 3600 / Radeon RX 5600 XT, the cooling would likely be limiting for those wanting to go for higher spec builds.

Unfortunately, the 140mm fan which can be fitted to the top is a replacement for the aluminium plate, so while it may improve the cooling by a fair margin, it will ruin the clean look of the case. I'm quite surprised they didn't at least go for some kind of vented top hat to cover it.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
There's a live stream by Sweclockers (In Swedish) where they build into the S1 RAW.

Having seen it in the video I would say that while it's probably suitable for my Ryzen 5 3600 / Radeon RX 5600 XT, the cooling would likely be limiting for those wanting to go for higher spec builds.

Unfortunately, the 140mm fan which can be fitted to the top is a replacement for the aluminium plate, so while it may improve the cooling by a fair margin, it will ruin the clean look of the case. I'm quite surprised they didn't at least go for some kind of vented top hat to cover it.

I was also a bit surprised when I saw how the "140mm fan support" is supposed to work...

too late for April Fools but maybe I should also update the specs of my RCC-BIG1 and say it supports 180mm fans. 😅

Jokes aside, did you already see the "cooling performance test"?

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
This test is quite silly. The average of two tests from ambient of a single FS run? GTFO. I want to see peak temps after 15-30 minutes of FS looping. That would be more representative of temps users will see during gaming.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Jokes aside, did you already see the "cooling performance test"?

Yeah :( A fairly short duration test with all the fans set at very high RPM isn't particularly convincing. 100% CPU Fan, 80% Case Fan and 60% GPU Fan.

I'll be interested to see some independent reviews with more in depth testing.

I believe they're going to be selling it for around $329, and I'm sure they'll still find buyers for it even if the thermals aren't good.

I think it's a great looking case, although I'd prefer it in a silver/aluminium finish instead of the space grey they're releasing initially. I may still pick one up in the future if the thermals with something like a Ryzen 5600X and GeForce RTX 3070 aren't terrible.

I realize it's probably not realistic for smaller (manufacturing) volume cases, but I think the corners of the case could have been designed so that the screws would be covered by slide in strips, and these strips could have also acted as antennas for Wi-Fi.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
This test is quite silly. The average of two tests from ambient of a single FS run? GTFO. I want to see peak temps after 15-30 minutes of FS looping. That would be more representative of temps users will see during gaming.

Yeah, it doesn't seem at all like they reached the peak after that 2 minute run, especially the 3080 FE is still rising substantially.

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
CPU: 75℃
GPU: 64℃
dBA: 50.6
That's insanely loud. What's impressive about that?
Agreed. 75% GPU fan speed is pretty aggressive and the FE 2070S is actually one of the more quiet models.

RIP all 3080 and up owners. I will be looking elsewhere for me 6900xt